Why practice? (those phases)

fopylo

Sometimes in life you feel very miserable, overwhelmed to the point that it's hard for you to breath, or just have too much resentment stored inside...

Sometimes you have those moments of happiness, joy and laughter...

But many time, like now -

none of those extremes.

I'm just living regularly. I don't try to latch on problems (don't have any serious ones that are consuming my energy).

But yeah, here and there, a problem; here and there some laughter.

But I'm not telling myself "Alright, I need to start meditating". I just don't feel any need for it.

I'll simplify it. I only feel the desire for meditation when life gets tough, but otherwise, when life is more comfortable, I don't feel a drive for it. If I'm ok then I'll just go on my laptop and be on Youtube all day and maybe talk to some friends.

You lot may say that there's more to meditation other than the alleviation of discordant thoughts (emotions), and that stopping there won't give me the full benefit of meditation.

So my question is first of all - Is there a reason for meditation other than for the alleviation of discordant thoughts?

Followup - If so, for what? And why meditate when you're already feeling ok?

18 hours ago, fopylo said:

I'll simplify it. I only feel the desire for meditation when life gets tough, but otherwise, when life is more comfortable, I don't feel a drive for it. If I'm ok then I'll just go on my laptop and be on Youtube all day and maybe talk to some friends.

You lot may say that there's more to meditation other than the alleviation of discordant thoughts (emotions), and that stopping there won't give me the full benefit of meditation.

So my question is first of all - Is there a reason for meditation other than for the alleviation of discordant thoughts?

Followup - If so, for what? And why meditate when you're already feeling ok?

You cant feel always ok within the life, at least you get 1 problem in a day. And imagine how peace you can be in if you can let go the any thoughts you want? Moreover, where the deepest suffering is where the deepest peace is. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@James123

5 hours ago, James123 said:

You cant feel always ok within the life, at least you get 1 problem in a day. And imagine how peace you can be in if you can let go the any thoughts you want?

Yeah, but you see, I don't feel so much of a drive for it. If I had many problems and suffered greatly, then yes, I would really want to spend time meditating. But if I'm already feeling ok, I don't feel the need to spend time meditating. Diminishing returns comes to mind.

5 hours ago, James123 said:

Moreover, where the deepest suffering is where the deepest peace is. 

What do you mean?

3 hours ago, fopylo said:

eah, but you see, I don't feel so much of a drive for it. If I had many problems and suffered greatly, then yes, I would really want to spend time meditating. But if I'm already feeling ok, I don't feel the need to spend time meditating. Diminishing returns comes to mind.

Lol . 😂then fuck it. Dont do it. 

3 hours ago, fopylo said:

What do you mean?

Forget it 😀😀

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

You‘re free to do whatever. This is freedom. Life is very much like a theatre play and we are very much like amazing actors.

Meditation reveals that we are not the actors, but the ‚essence behind them‘. And in that freeing of conditioning lies the opportunity to co-create along with life. Life is play. ▶️🙂

Looking for reasons to practice or not practice is worrying about the correct or best way to live. If mediation is practised, it might become clear that there is no correct or best way to live. Yet it doesn't mean meditation is needed for that to become clear or that anything bad will happen if you don't meditate.

Any explication of meditation would imply two. There is no way to explain or justify meditation in a way that is totally honest. But its clear if one were to do meditation one would understand everything there is to understand about meditation.

4201 is my number

Ok, fucking hell man. I don't feel quite good. I have some stress from life.

I am always saying "maybe later, maybe later.... I'll probably do it at some point in the future..." I'll never do it.

I have personal achievements that are always slipping between my fingers.

Fuck man... I want to start feeling better. I want to start eating healthy and get into better shape while I'm still relatively young.

I want to get back into language learning.

I want to get back into playing the piano.

But fuck man... I don't know if I'll have all of this time.

I've never really been "on my shit".

Man... Music can sometimes take you eras back in time, back in time of your greater story...

I've been sick for some time now so I didn't do much. It really saddens me to realize that literally all what I do everyday is spend 24/7 on youtube.

What? You thought you were some saint who is above that and doing shit with his life? Look at you, probably even worse than some of the 'addicted' people who come to mind. You are from those zombies people talk about, not them!

Mind is numb, body is numb.

I'll just put it all out on 2023 and let my sins be poured onto the end of 2022 before we flush it away

Yes! 

These thoughts are the lost child, 

Gets smothered by ideas and ideals, 

The mind feel numb, the body feel numb, 

This ice melts the more it is felt,

21 minutes ago, fopylo said:

The feeling is becoming even stronger when I experience triggers that bring me back to my previously held ambitions that never got to see much light

I would sit with this, this is the kind of thing you really wanna be utilizing meditation to be with and understand where you wanna take yourself. 

Unthaw the feeling in the body,

Unthaw the seeming thoughts attached to the feelings,

Watch them both, not getting attached to either stream, 

Both streams melt into each other as long as one doesn’t get frozen,

Both frozen and you are in a classic freeze state,

Both thawed is optimal,

Feeling guides the thinking,

Thinking expands to deeper understanding. 

Man I have spent so much time on YouTube and online over the holidays & recently too 😌 Feeling just does what feels right, untangles the overthinking. 

😇Merry Christmas! 🎁 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.