Foods and Recipes

Any secret recipes or foods you've found delicious + healthy + good vibe? Let's post them here!

Anything from a single superfood to a full meal. Let's make healthy meals easier for each other!

(Phil's fingers are probably already itching, but we must all be familiar with The Loophole Shake by now so let's leave that one out straight ahead. 😂)

There must be an effortless way.

I'm in the middle of diet change. Basically vegan, no grains, and as much whole foods as possible.

The no grains - part is a bit hard, since I'm used to eating a lot of bread, pasta, noodles etc. So it's a bit hard to figure out full meals without those. I'd love to hear if you have any ideas for good filling meals without any grains.

(I have been eating rice, because I'm just so used to having some grains on the plate. Though I'm not sure if rice is that bad. It seems wheat and bread is the main no-no.)

Also protein is a bit hard, especially whole-food wise. Been eating vegan meat alternatives, especially pea-protein-based ones. They seem pretty okay but I must admit that whole foods seem to actually feel better. So how to get ample proteins in a vegan diet? I'm not that big of a beans-fan. They give me some stomach trouble.

You might not need as much protein as you think, there's lots of differing science and options on that as with everything. 😆 I eat a ton of fruit, veggies, occasionally sardines and fish but otherwise vegan, and I feel great on gluten free oatmeal if you want to try that instead of being strictly no grains. I also use the Sunwarror protein powders, not sure how great they are long term but I feel fine with them. 

Youtube Channel  

On 11/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, Blessed2 said:

Any secret recipes or foods you've found delicious + healthy + good vibe? Let's post them here!

Anything from a single superfood to a full meal. Let's make healthy meals easier for each other!

(Phil's fingers are probably already itching, but we must all be familiar with The Loophole Shake by now so let's leave that one out straight ahead. 😂)

I’ve found homemade poke bowls are really good. I just go to Whole Foods and ask which type of salmon I can raw and then white rice and that’s it. Super good feels healthy too.

@Mandy @Phil What diet to follow?

All studies, diets, say different things.

Sattvic says garlic and onion and potatoes is no good. Others say gluten is no good. Others say meat and dairy is no good. Some say artificial and processed is no good. What's the right one for me?!

Makes me anxious. Cause what if I eat wrong things? It gives me stress. I don't know what to do. What diet to follow.

@Blessed2

Put what you eat as a distant second to how the body feels after eating it. Then there’s experiencing / trial & error more or less, but no diet to follow, no right or wrong, etc. 

I don’t typically eat gluten, meat, dairy or artificial & processed foods, but only because of how it feels. 

Try just the The Loophole Shake for three full days. Like a semi-fast / detox. Without the peanut butter ideally. Don’t starve yourself, have as much / many as you want. Also put feeling first there too. 

@Blessed2 Like Phil said, you gotta just listen to how stuff sits with you. Diet has been a long process of figuring out and trying stuff over the years. Be patient with it. Dairy, eggs and gluten are not worth it at all to me, your mileage may vary. If I'm at a gathering and someone put butter on something, I'll eat and not complain.  Demonizing foods does no good.  If I'm feeling a bit sick or off or am overthinking food I like to do the Medical Medium 3 6 9 cleanse as a reset and then go from there. I don't have to think a bit about what I eat, or how much is too much, it's all lined out. Two weeks in on covid I wasn't kicking it so I started the cleanse. It completely wiped out all symptoms within four days. Made me realize how dehydrated I was all the time. I like the approach of resetting and then going back with a clear mind rather than just doubting yourself all the time. Maybe try Phil's suggestion and look into it if you want something more extended with lots of fruits and veggies and fluids. 

Youtube Channel  

On 11/27/2022 at 9:01 PM, Mandy said:

Medical Medium 3 6 9 cleanse as a reset

What's that? 🤔

On 11/27/2022 at 8:41 PM, Phil said:

Try just the The Loophole Shake for three full days. Like a semi-fast / detox.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:01 PM, Mandy said:

Maybe try Phil's suggestion and look into it if you want something more extended with lots of fruits and veggies and fluids. 

Started the loophole shake thing today. Feeling like doing more than three days. Maybe add some extra fruits and veggies later.

Sort of inspired to try some chakra / colour thing too. Maybe eat a plate of corresponding colour foods and maybe do some crystal stuff and sound bowls too.

Do you have any experience on this? How many days do you think it would be good to stay on one colour / chakra? I'm feeling like just one day eating red and the next day orange is too fast. Maybe three days per colour, to really sink it in.

Any other recommendations along with the foods, crystals and sound bowls?

28 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

What's that? 🤔

Medical Medium's Cleanse to Heal book has a variety of cleanses, it's the main one in there. Here's a taste of what it's like. https://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/medical-medium-morning-cleanse

It can be overwhelming to learn all the stuff, if it resonates or appeals, I'd explore it little by little. I jumped into the 3 6 9 cleanse after having been drinking celery juice for a year and noticing a lot of benefits from it, but it was a lot to learn all at once. 

I haven't tried eating for color, but I did notice when I started doing the cleanse and eating a lot more fresh fruit and vegetables how much more color I was eating. I currently eat plenty of them all. Sometimes I do feel like something orange though. 😂

Youtube Channel  

'overnight fat bars' - for those working in a ketogenic state

30g Tahini

30g Peanut butter

50g Whole mixed nuts/crushed walnuts

20g of chia seeds

--dark chocolate 85% cacao+ if you want

all mixed, in a mold, freezer overnight, an amazing break to the fast. feeling very super stable and satisfied

i am already your friend

instagram.com/asimulatedself