Science, proof and energy healing

Blessed2

According to Wikipedia, no scientific study has found proof that Reiki or other such healing method works.

Why do you think that is? I've heard @Phil say that "Reiki always works". Why is there no scientific proof? Why is that it's not accepted as legitimate method?

Is there blindspots to science and empirical study?

I've tried Reiki and Angel Therapy and have found in personal experience that there is something there. Just interested in what you guys think. 🤔

There must be an effortless way.

I know you’re already familiar with Reiki but to offer some kind of explanation…

Reiki means ray as in light and key as in love is the key. In other words, consciousness, which is of course infinite and therein unmeasurable. ‘Science’ by and large is searching for, while believing it is already studying, working with and measuring, “matter”… in spite of the double slit experiment, which was done in 1802. 

‘Science’ for the most part it seems does not understand that there is no objective or subjective experience.  ’Science’ is not per se to blame or at fault, as oddly even many teachers of Nonduality remain ignorant about this and thus misinformation abounds.

The relevance is scientifically speaking Reiki would have to be measurable to constitute the statement “it works”. To a large degree it would also have to be salable and scalable for there to be any interest in funding.  Yet, ‘science’ operates almost exclusively on dualistic beliefs.  So if you googled “scientific proof Reiki works“, there would also be scientific literature to that regard.  

Reiki works with and as subtle vibrational apparent manifestation, or “energy” (light, love, infinite consciousness). This usually begins with the transfer of subtle energy via the palms, and then directly as infinite mind with no need for “palms”, nor the paradigm of spacetime. In this way, Reiki is  fundamental or rudimentary.

Therefore Reiki is not a substitute for medications, surgeries, or other gross medical treatments.  Instead, Reiki works with, for and as infinite consciousness most intimately with respect to discord; stress, tension, pain & emotional contraction…therein accelerating physiological  healing by aligning chakras and ultimately the entire aura. 

As far as if Reiki ‘works’, as you found, one must go and see. There is also momentum and sharing to consider in the sense the more Reiki is practiced the more fluent, abundant, and effective it is actually recognized to be.

In terms of apparent manifestation, the only true measurement of the effectiveness of Reiki sessions or treatments would be in measuring all of the ailments, disease and suffering which did not manifest due to, Reiki. Which, of course cannot actually be measured anymore than the mass, quality of life, or the distance from Me to ye.

As far as not being recognized as a legitimate method, there are actually millions of practitioners and thousands of doctors and hospitals implementing not only Reiki sessions but Reiki classes as well. It’s a good start. 

2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I've tried Reiki and Angel Therapy and have found in personal experience that there is something there. Just interested in what you guys think. 🤔

The non-scientific therapies such as Reiki (and I think much psychotherapy falls under this bracket) are experiential as you and Phil suggest. Whereas Science demands some physical measurements to satisfy its approach of objectivity. The definition of "works" is therefore different for scientific and non-scientific therapies. 

I thought the-ki part of Reiki was the Japanese version of chi, meaning "energy". And again, this is a different definition of the word to the scientific use of energy, leading to many unnecessary misunderstandings, arguments and crossed wires. 

50 minutes ago, Phil said:

Reiki works with and as subtle vibrational apparent manifestation, or “energy” (light, love, infinite consciousness). This usually begins with the transfer of subtle energy via the palms, and then directly as infinite mind with no need for “palms”, nor the paradigm of spacetime. 

I had a conversation with a reiki teacher recently and he said a guy with one hand showed up the day of the class asking if he'd be able to participate, the teacher agreed and when recieving reiki no one noticed it was missing. 

Youtube Channel  

@Phil Wondering... Does the intention, health or skill of the practicioner affect the effectiveness of Reiki?

If the practicioner has trouble, let's say addictions or compulsions, can it negatively affect Reiki or even the reciever?

Or if the practicioner is doing it to impress others or seek validation?

Or is Reiki sort of just doing it's own thing?

What really is the role of the practicioner in regard to the Reiki energy?

8 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

@Phil Wondering... Does the intention, health or skill of the practicioner affect the effectiveness of Reiki?

If the practicioner has trouble, let's say addictions or compulsions, can it negatively affect Reiki or even the receiver?

Or if the practicioner is doing it to impress others or seek validation?

What affects do the intentions, health, skill, effectiveness, troubles, addiction, compulsions, doings, impressing & seeking of a character of a movie have on the screen? 

What affects does a unicorn with these characteristics & properties have on reality? 

What is the reality of a movie, without characters & unicorns? 

Or is Reiki sort of just doing it's own thing?

Reiki is like a vibrational river without a beginning or end. A river which doesn’t have a doer of a river. The river just is, and it is it’s nature to flow… simply, naturally, effortlessly & peacefully… intrinsically giving life to all things.

Thoughts of being separate from the river are like logs in the river. Do the logs affect the flow of the river? Yes & no. The water will take different paths in accordance with the logs, yet will always flow above, under or around. Just like rivers on earth, no two are the same while really there are not two. The rivers, seas, ocean, rain, fog, steam & tears… infinite paths, same water.

Logs inspected by the river inherently receive the light & love… the nature of the river… and are thus recognized to be the river, and therein are ‘unstuck’. Logs which obscured the flow, now aligned with & as the flow, allow an experience of momentum, or, ‘more’ flow.

Due to the holon nature of the spheres and the true nature which is being the spheres, All is benefitted, bettered, enhanced… simply by the allowance of the flow of the river… simply by ‘uniting’ the logs which were innocently, unknowingly & conceptually added in the first place. In truth there is just river, no logs. Just flow. 

What really is the role of the practicioner in regard to the Reiki energy?

Be like water my friend”. 

- Bruce Lee

I experience shame in regard to being interested in Reiki and thinking "there might be something there" etc. Especially with my parents, relatives etc. 🤔 I wonder why.

Judgement + projection? "I don't want to look like that hippie unscientifical new-age - type person." Even though I don't think it's bullshit. I think Reiki and such energy healing is quite legit. It just can be a bit hard to notice when the mind is rigid with the materialist paradigm.

Any ideas / advice? 🤔

Just finished Reiki I. Was pretty cool. Pretty tiring though, for some reason this whole weekend has been quite heavy for me. Got a crazy diarrhea too after one of the attunements 😂 maybe some things are / was being cleared up.

I liked the meditations we were taught and actually even kinda noticed for the first time that I am not this body... It's just a body like all the other bodies here...

@Phil I notice some discord... It feels very off and tiring to "try do Reiki" or try to "be good at it" or "succeed" or "have results" or "make an impression" etc. This is coming up and out. Not at all aligned thoughts and perspective. It tastes pretty bad coming out. Any advice or insight as to why it feels so off and perhaps how to help clear it up? Also, trying to figure out or understand what Reiki is, feels very off too. 😂🤢

35 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Got a crazy diarrhea too after one of the attunements 😂 maybe some things are / was being cleared up

😇 Yeah that’s right 🥰

36 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Also, trying to figure out or understand what Reiki is, feels very off too. 😂🤢

No need to try to figure it out, let Source figure it out for you, allow the energies to work themselves. There isn’t anything to clear really, just Love’s Embrace.  

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

@Blessed2

The direct path isn’t really a path. It’s the end of the belief that there is a path to myself. 

Self-realization is really just another experience which didn’t happen to anyone. 

Reiki means light (ray of) and love (is the key). 

How could Reiki (light-love) be a path to This (light-love)?

Reiki (light-love) as a practice can certainly be a means of uncovering. 

Like expressing emotions. 

But This isn’t actually covered. 

I think it's one of those things that are called holistic therapies, they work on your emotional system, some kind of a placebo effect, where feel good chemicals are produced in your body and these chemicals then bring healing. 

I've heard that certain therapies can release more anti-oxidants in the blood or better absorption of nutrients. 

I have more faith in holistic therapy like reiki than modern science because drugs don't address the root cause of a problem. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

On 2/12/2023 at 4:54 PM, Phil said:

The direct path isn’t really a path. It’s the end of the belief that there is a path to myself. 

I've been resonating with self-inquiry the past few days. It seems pretty great.

Just wondering if I'm doing it "right", and if you have any suggestions.

Basically it can be done pretty much whenever but I've been taking a bit time to meditate and do reiki first, and then self-inquiry.

Focusing right away on the I-feeling does not seem to do the trick completely, I think Rupert Spira mentioned something about that in our time and culture the classic "who am I?" - question can go a bit off.

It has resonated more to keep asking "who is aware of this thought" "who is aware of this feeling" "who is aware of this sound/sight" and even "who is aware of this practice" or "who is aware of being aware?" and at some point maybe just paying attention to "knowing" or "awareness" without much questioning. 

Does that sound like a correct way to go about this?

58 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

It has resonated more to keep asking "who is aware of this thought" "who is aware of this feeling" "who is aware of this sound/sight" and even "who is aware of this practice" or "who is aware of being aware?" and at some point maybe just paying attention to "knowing" or "awareness" without much questioning. 

It might be that those thoughts/questions resonate because they’re a questioning of the separate self of thoughts, rather than a believing or asserting by believing thoughts, that there is a separate self. I can see how those questions would be a ‘shining the light of awareness’ on such thoughts and some relief from any discord which might be felt in the believing of or identifying with / as thoughts.But, those thoughts do seem oriented towards a cognitive thought/answer.

As Self Inquiry goes, the thoughts about there being a who, an I-feeling, something that’ll do the trick for someone, knowing and awareness are acknowledged to be thoughts, and attention is returned to feeling. 

“The self-inquiry technique is often misunderstood to mean that one should sit and repropose the question, "Who am I?" over and over. This is an incorrect understanding of the technique. The questions "Who am I" or "To whom is this thought occurring?" are only used when a thought arises, in order to ease attention back to the natural feeling of being me. At other times the mind is simply silent.”

“Focus on the feeling of being "me," to the exclusion of all arising thoughts.”