Setting the intention - and letting it go.

Phil

The power of intention, inspired by Dr. Wayne Dyer. 

Ever noticed this - an animal can’t do it, a rock can’t do it, the weather can not, the wind can never - and dare I say - in really scrutinizing direct experience… a person can’t, a human can’t, an other can’t… no thought can; even perception, can not. 

But you. My God, you! You can set an intention. 

And you can let it go, and allow it, receive it - in the flesh. You can dream your dream. 

Some of the most powerful, simple, inspiring words I ever read from Jesus - ‘whereas before;  now’.

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. Put away from ye crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you. Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil.”

For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.” (Proverbs 23:7)

“Ego is made of six primary ingredients that account for how we experience ourselves as disconnected.  By allowing ego to determine your life path, you deactivate the power of intention.” 

1. I am what I have.  My possessions define me.
  2. I am what I do.  My achievements define me.
  3. I am what others think of me.  My reputation defines me.
  4. I am separate from everyone.  My body defines me as alone.
  5. I am separate from all that is missing in my life.  My life space is disconnected from my desires.
  6. I am separate from God.  My life depends on God’s assessment of my worthiness.”

- Dr. Wayne Dyer

On 3/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, Phil said:

But you. My God, you! You can set an intention. 

And you can let it go, and allow it, receive it - in the flesh. You can dream your dream. 

How do I allow it?

I set the intention (I am gonna be together with xyz) and don't think about it, but I would vizualize us sometimes when it feels good to me to vizualize. But... I have problem allowing or receiving what I want.

Seems like a super key part is allowing it and letting it go. I noticed I struggled today with the letting go part because I believe that getting what I want will make me happy.

Maybe if I let go of the belief that things or people can make me happy then I’ll feel more comfortable letting go and allowing the universe to work as it does.

On 3/22/2022 at 2:13 PM, Phil said:

“Ego is made of six primary ingredients that account for how we experience ourselves as disconnected.  By allowing ego to determine your life path, you deactivate the power of intention.” 

1. I am what I have.  My possessions define me.
  2. I am what I do.  My achievements define me.
  3. I am what others think of me.  My reputation defines me.
  4. I am separate from everyone.  My body defines me as alone.
  5. I am separate from all that is missing in my life.  My life space is disconnected from my desires.
  6. I am separate from God.  My life depends on God’s assessment of my worthiness.”

- Dr. Wayne Dyer

Great stuff.

In Communion with God by Neale Donald Walsch, there is a bit similar map. I want to share it, if anyone happens to be interested. It has been quite helpful for me.

In the book, it is explained that basically everything we (or most people) believe life is, and experience life as, is a construction of ten fundamental illusions/beliefs. The Ten Illusions are:

1. The Illusion of Need: (God/Universe needs something. Something needs to be done, something needs to be different.) "On this illusion are all other illusions based ... Everything that you currently experience in life, everything that you feel moment to moment, is rooted in this idea, and your thoughts about it."

2. The Illusion of Failure: (We might fail to make needs met, we can fail in life, God can fail - God's will can be thwarted.) "From this illusion you have created a cultural story which teached that the outcome of life is in doubt."

3. The Illusion of Disunity: (Separation exists. We are separate from God, and each other.) "Your species reasoned that if creations were separate from the Creator, and if the Creator allowed the creations to do whatever they pleased, it would then be possible for the creations to do something that the Creator did not want them to do. Under these circumstances, the Will of the Creator could be thwarted. God could want something but not get it."

These are the tree main illusions. Here are the rest, on which countless discordant beliefs, cultural stories and even ideologies stem from:

4. The Illusion of Insufficiency: (There is not enough)

5. The illusion of Requirement: (How does one get enough? How does one qualify?)

6. The Illusion of Judgement: (There must be some ultimate judgement on who has met the requirement.)

7. The Illusion of Condemnation: (Death, the ultimate example of insufficiency, must be a punishment.)

8. The Illusion of Conditionality: (Since there is judgement and condemnation, God's love must be conditional.)

9. The Illusion of Superiority: (Those who know the God's conditions, are superior to those who don't.)

10. The Illusion of Ignorance: "Increasingly, as each Illusion was piled upon the last, Life became more and more difficult to figure out. Humans asked more and more questions that could not be answered. If this was true, then why that? If that was true, then why this? It wasn't long before philosophers and teachers began throwing up their hands. "We don't know," they said, "and we don't know if it's possible to know." Thus, the idea of Ignorance was born. (...) Human institutions began finding in this not only a refuge, but a certain kind of power. "We don't know" turned into "we are not supposed to know" ... "We are not supposed to know" actually became a religious doctrine...

There must be an effortless way.

12 hours ago, Kalisti said:

How do I allow it?

I set the intention (I am gonna be together with xyz) and don't think about it, but I would vizualize us sometimes when it feels good to me to vizualize. But... I have problem allowing or receiving what I want.

You’re saying “it”, “xyz”, also “us”.  Are you talking about a specific person? 

Also, which sounds more accurate… “I set the intention and don’t think about it”, or, “I have a problem allowing or receiving what I want”?

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Are you talking about a specific person? 

Yes, talking about manifesting a specific person.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Also, which sounds more accurate… “I set the intention and don’t think about it”, or, “I have a problem allowing or receiving what I want”?

The latter

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Thank you. What thoughts arise as to ‘I have a problem with allowing?

Thoughts like "I don't know how to make myself open to receive what I truly want" "I'm doing something wrong" "Maybe I am too scared to be disappointed again." 

I just have trouble to let myself receive what I truly want. To be open to it. To just allow it to come into my life. I think I'm doing something wrong. I might have misunderstood the "steps". 

Like for example when someone says "Just set the intention", I don't know what that exactly means and looks like in practice. 

Or when someone says "Open up your heart"... Same thing.

Anyways thanks for responding 🙏

Edited by Kalisti

6 hours ago, Kalisti said:

Thoughts like "I don't know how to make myself open to receive what I truly want"

If we scrutinize that thought a bit, it can be seen there’s an implication that there’s two of you: An “I” and also a “myself”. 

Does it makes sense, as in resonate in feeling, feel like a little bit of clarity… that I & myself are actually, you… one & the same? 

Then consider, there is not a ‘separate self’. There are thoughts like that, about there being a ‘second self’ or a ‘separate self… but there isn’t really… there is just the thought(s) that there is. 

Then consider, if there is not a ‘separate self’… then you are not a separate self. As in, not separate in any way from anything. 

As there is not a ‘separate self’…  there is not a ‘self’ to make open. In ‘seeing through’ that thought… there remains only the infinite self. The very awareness of, thoughts. The Infinite Self which is clarity, and which is feeling, and which is being all of the ‘things’ which could ever be wanted. Our infinite being is love, and so to receive is to love, and to allow love. 

Having said all of that, feel the difference between the thoughts…  ‘how to make myself open to receive’… and ‘I love the desire, the curiosity and the excitement that what I desire can be. I love how it feels to think about it, and how it’s feels to imagine it already being here - already being done’. Feel for the Truth, the resonating within you, that Ourself, Source, Love, The Universe does hear the desire, and is already on it. Further even - Ourself is infinite intelligence, and there is never a need to ‘tell source’ twice. To help to let go of any habit of thoughts of doubt, worry or concern… write what you want on a dreamboard, and feel that Source, The Universe, is aware, and then enjoy the unfolding, the showing up, the coming, of it. 

"I'm doing something wrong"

Feel the shift from believing the thought… to feeling the discord of the thought. Willfully acknowledge, honor and put first - feeling. That (feeling) is the very same infinite intelligence. While there are the thoughts “right” and “wrong” - there is the feeling of discord, and of alignment, with each thought. Consider, it’s not that you’re doing anything right or wrong, but that to judge, or judgement, just doesn’t resonate, just isn’t aligned with the true nature of Ourself. 

"Maybe I am too scared to be disappointed again." 

Compare how these two thoughts feel… “Maybe I am too scared to be disappointed again”… and… “disappointment is an emotion, when I focus on the thought of a ‘separate self’, which is scared, I feel the discord of the thought”. 

To allow clarity, it can be very helpful to point to who that thought is about. Of course, it is realized there isn’t a ‘second or separate self’ which can be pointed to. 

This allows more clarity with respect to direct experience. The thought is directly experienced, and the discord of the thought with feeling is experienced… but nowhere is there actually found a ‘self’ which is scared. 

It can also be clarifying to recognize that fear and disappointment are emotions. One of the great benefits of sing the emotional scale is knowing it works. That if there is fear, one can express jealousy and so on, and there is the relief and alignment desired in doing so. Same for disappointment. One can express overwhelment and so on, feeling relief and clarity all the way up the scale. It takes a little practice, but it is very empowering doing so, and even more - knowing you can use the scale anytime. 

I just have trouble to let myself receive what I truly want. To be open to it. To just allow it to come into my life. I think I'm doing something wrong. I might have misunderstood the "steps". 

Like for example when someone says "Just set the intention", I don't know what that exactly means and looks like in practice.

In the ‘final analysis’ sense, there simple is no how… because Ourself is infinite, and thus is the how. 

Yet also, steps can be helpful. Again, I would write what you are wanting on your dreamboard, and use the emotional scale each day, as often as you want. Then take interest in all that is seen and heard, and you will see what you are wanting coming into your experience. I would even go so far as to say that thinking about ‘how’ is cumbersome, kind of gets in the way. “God works in mysterious ways” is quite spot on. We may not know how what we want is coming, but we can always feel that it is. 

Or when someone says "Open up your heart"... Same thing.

Anyways thanks for responding 🙏

I would agree that this is the same. It’s opening your heart to allowing possibilities, to allowing our infinite being  which is ever-present, and being all ‘things’, into your mind, heart and whole experience (so to speak). 

Love, being infinite and unconditional, is boundless. There are no ‘rules’. So while there is a twoness or duality implied in these words, the ‘straight shot’ to opening your heart, is loving yourself. Just bringing the thought to mind, “I love myself”, is powerful. Heck, it might even make ya cry, and release some tension, or stress, and most importantly just feel the love that you infinitely and eternally and actually are.