11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Watch your own thoughts right now. Become aware of the experience of what it's like to think. Watch how they come and go, as if arising out of a void.

Now, ask yourself honestly, are you choosing your thoughts? Are you in control of what thoughts arise within your mind, and when? It seems like the basic premise of the free will argument is that there is a wilfil agent behind what we do, that controls behaviour like a driver drives a car. But is this really the case?

If you watch closely how thought happens, you will become aware that there is no way that you could consciously choose your own thoughts, because this would necessarily mean that you knew what you were going to think before you thought it. Therefore we must conclude that thoughts emerge from a source which we don't have conscious control over; unconscious processes that we can't manipulate or predict.

Why do you think that you aren't making your thoughts?

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

Considering that there is an i.

Why ? What does "I" have to do with suffering?  You see the richest people in the works with supermassive ego and they are perfectly happy.

3 minutes ago, Myself said:

Why do you think that you aren't making your thoughts?

I explained it in the post .do you want me to explain it again?  Just re-read the post and check your direct experience. 

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Why ? What does "I" have to do with suffering?  You see the richest people in the works with supermassive ego and they are perfectly happy.

I explained it in the post .do you want me to explain it again?  Just re-read the post and check your direct experience. 

You just think that you aren't making your thoughts. It's not true.

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:
12 minutes ago, James123 said:

😂😂😂 can you images not even losing the money, just being afraid of losing the money or not being successful. The richest people are more poor than you. Because they got so many things to lose. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

9 minutes ago, James123 said:

😂😂😂 can you images not even losing the money, just being afraid of losing the money or not being successful. The richest people are more poor than you. Because they got so many things to lose. 

Nice perspective. 

But let's see what would you do if someone offered to you a million dollars cash for doing nothing at all.

Let's see if you would be happy or not 😉

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Nice perspective. 

But let's see what would you do if someone offered to you a million dollars cash for doing nothing at all.

Even if i/ego gets happy. Mind will get used to it. And believe me after a month you will forget that happiness,  and problems, issues, overthinking and top of that being afraid of loosing that million dollar, which is your new luxury life style will makes you more suffer. So in short terms yes, but in long term fuck no. 😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nice perspective. 

Moreover, if the mind could be happy with a million dollars, couldn’t forget to have a body out of nothing 😂😂🤣

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So please try to NOT think of a pink elephant....can you do it ?

Hint : of course you can't. As soon as you read that sentence your mind automatically gave you an image of a pink elephant. 

You made the thought. You influenced me to think a certain way I don't deny that.

3 minutes ago, James123 said:

Even if i/ego gets happy. Mind will get used to it. And believe me after a month you will forget that happiness,  and problems, issues, overthinking and top of that being afraid of loosing that million dollar, which is your new luxury life style will makes you more suffer. So in short terms yes, but in long term fuck no. 😂😂😂

Well for me it's a no brainer . I would take all that goddam money and spend it all on sex, drugs, buying luxury items ,nice house ,nice clothes, and the latest technology we have.  And I do believe money CAN buy happiness. 

And you would be a hypocrite if you deny that you can be happier with less money. 

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well for me it's a no brainer . I would take all that goddam money and spend it all on sex, drugs, buying luxury items ,nice house ,nice clothes, and the latest technology we have.  And I do believe money CAN buy happiness. 

And you would be a hypocrite if you deny that you can be happier with less money. 

If you have a simple life you have no idea how lucky you are brothers. Whatever you mentioned at the i did all of those and end of the day, i lost my family, best friends, my health, my healthy mind etc. all was left just a money. I was suicedal. Why do you think that i had choose the Truth, path. 

4 minutes ago, Myself said:

No it proves that some of my actions are compulsive. I am free to do whatever I'm capable of and so are you.

No .in fact everything you do is compulsive. And this can be easily proven if you just  take just 5 minutes of observing your thoughts and actions and how they come about . They ALL come about automatically and without any input from "You".

12 minutes ago, James123 said:

If you have a simple life you have no idea how lucky you are brothers. Whatever you mentioned at the i did all of those and end of the day, i lost my family, best friends, my health, my healthy mind etc. all was left just a money. I was suicedal. Why do you think that i had choose the Truth, path. 

Yes suffering can lead people to seek the truth in a hopeless attempt to be satisfied with life .After exhausting everything. You simply are left with stuff like meditation, being present, living in the moment and gratitude etc .

But for me I've not exhausted all that I can experience. And there is a lot of dreams, goals and exotic experiences that I want to have before my time runs out on this planet .

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No .in fact everything you do is compulsive. And this can be easily proven if you just  take just 5 minutes of observing your thoughts and actions and how they come about . They ALL come about automatically and without any input from "You".

Right now I could type, not type, stand, eat, walk, run, etc.

And I am consciously choosing to do some of what I am currently doing. You can do the same.

Edited by Myself

41 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes suffering can lead people to seek the truth in a hopeless attempt to be satisfied with life .After exhausting everything. You simply are left with stuff like meditation, being present, living in the moment and gratitude etc .

But for me I've not exhausted all that I can experience. And there is a lot of dreams, goals and exotic experiences that I want to have before my time runs out on this planet .

Yes you are right. So do it asap. 😃