Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Personally agree. 

 

I think Tony Parsons, Jim Newman and the likes just chat absolute waffle & become stuck in this No-Self mantra. I think overall it'll do more harm than good. 

 

Completely bypasses any psychological issues one might have, personality, where someone is on their path, life in general, relationships, emotions & just about everything else haha 

 

Best to stick to true masters and modern masters like Ramana, Rupert Spira, Francis Lucille, Barry Long etc

 

Also, remember each 'Guru' has their own culture, personality & everything else interwoven into their awakening. 

 

So someone like Ramana may thrive sitting on a hill in a diaper, whereas, someone like Rupert who is western, has a family & lives an English life. Both awakened, expressing through their personality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Eothasian There is no such denomination within any practiced religion, nor is there any group or division of any spiritual community or teachings such as neo-advaita. This division is itself a conceptualization that teachings described as neo advaita point out to be false, illusory, not actually happening, etc. Thus the irony and hilarity that people may take negation seriously, and therefore take neo advaita seriously and forget to negate it itself. There is nothing to be negated. 

 

It is possible for someone to get stuck on conceptually negating stuff and not yet realize that nothing real can be negated, and then it seems like life or creativity is at odds with a "truth". Thus, separation, duality, thought attachment, nihilism, etc. It is possible for people to believe that neo advaita is a real denomination that teaches the truth while "others" teach falsehoods (LOA serves an "ego" etc). To do this is to make the same error that religion and denominations within religions have made for hundreds of years. Me right, you wrong. 😂

 

 "Nothing real can be threatened, nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of god." -Course in Miracles

 

That is exactly what neo advaita is attempting to convey, but again there is not even a real category such as neo advaita that you can categorize teachers or teachings into. You cannot have a teaching "advaita" meaning "not two or second" and call one part of it "new", and assume the other is "old". See the hilarity and irony? 

 Youtube Channel    Website

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s not really ‘someone on Neo Advaita’. Advaita means nondual, not-two. “It” is literally you telling yourself you are infinite unconditional love, the Truth… and the ego, the belief in separate selves, popping up…. refuting the Truth of yourself… by calling yourself… a “Neo Advaita teacher”. It’s supposed to be funny. Well, supposed to be is going to far. It can be allowed to be funny. You can allow yourself to rejoice in the Truth of yourself and the absurdity of this whole situation. It feels good when you do, because you are not the person, you are that good feeling, which is infinite & eternal. 🤍 The Good News is that you are the eternal Good News. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2022 at 11:50 AM, Phil said:

It’s not really ‘someone on Neo Advaita’. Advaita means nondual, not-two. “It” is literally you telling yourself you are infinite unconditional love, the Truth… and the ego, the belief in separate selves, popping up…. refuting the Truth of yourself… by calling yourself… a “Neo Advaita teacher”. It’s supposed to be funny. Well, supposed to be is going to far. It can be allowed to be funny. You can allow yourself to rejoice in the Truth of yourself and the absurdity of this whole situation. It feels good when you do, because you are not the person, you are that good feeling, which is infinite & eternal. 🤍 The Good News is that you are the eternal Good News. 

 

I think what he means is that the conceptual pointers towards it don't do effectively for him what is intended by the teachers.

 

it would be better to guide through the experience he has eventually into it

Edited by Eothasian

Animals are good people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Eothasian said:

 

I think what he means is that the conceptual pointers towards it don't do effectively for him what is intended by the teachers.

There aren’t any “Neo Advaita teachers”.

There isn’t a “him”.

There are no teachers which have intentions for him. 

 

When the purporting as“spiritual teacher”, which doesn’t exist and is really “spiritual ego”, is confronted with the recognition of ‘their own’ thought attachment, emotional suppression and therein mis-identification… the projection occurs… that there are “Neo Advaitans” or “Neo Advaita teachers”. A great example would be telling a “spiritual teacher” there isn’t a you which avoids the truth, and being asked to leave because you are a “Neo Advaita. Teacher”. 

But I=me. 

 

10 minutes ago, Eothasian said:

 

it would be better to guide through the experience he has eventually into it

Into what? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Phil said:

There aren’t any “Neo Advaita teachers”.

There isn’t a “him”.

There are no teachers which have intentions for him. 

 

well as far as I remember this is exactly what he means which wasn't helpful to show that there's only I, in language.

but yes, the meaming helpful can be framed and so on.

 

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

When the purporting as“spiritual teacher”, which doesn’t exist and is really “spiritual ego”, is confronted with the recognition of ‘their own’ thought attachment, emotional suppression and therein mis-identification…

wel ll if you want to show him that, don't point to it directly in language is what he is communicating. 

 

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Into what?

source? enlightenment? I?

Edited by Eothasian

Animals are good people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Eothasian said:

wel ll if you want to show him that, don't point to it directly in language is what he is communicating. 

or sorry. 

'don t rely heavily or repeatedly on point towards it through language' is what was conveyed I believe

Animals are good people

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By clicking, I agree to the terms of use, rules, guidelines & to hold Actuality of Being LLC, admin, moderators & all forum members harmless.