Do all dreams have encrypted messages in them?

Lotus

Hello folks,

so I‘ve had this really weird dream where I woke up, walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. As I opened my mouth, I spotted three bleach-white, dried out cockroaches on my tongue. Then, the dream ended. 

This kinda stuck with me and I‘m not sure whether this dream wanted to tell me something or not. In the dream, feeling wise, I wasn‘t even disgusted by it. Just confused. Now that I‘m out of that dream, the confusion remains. 

Do dreams necessarily have encrypted messages in them?

31 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Yes they do. 

Looking in the mirror represents introspection. Cockroaches represent what is ‘dirty’ and difficult to dispose of / let go of. Bleach-white cockroaches represent a cleaning of what is dirty having occurred, yet not yet a letting go of. On the tongue / the word, points to where the ‘cleaned cockroaches’ are kept going / kept alive or ‘in play’ so to speak. 

@Phil

Wow, that's some food for thought. Thanks, Phil!

Having a dream journal, expressing what was felt, and reflecting on that, is one thing. But you seemed to pinpoint it quite directly. How?

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Looking in the mirror represents introspection. Cockroaches represent what is ‘dirty’ and difficult to dispose of / let go of. Bleach-white cockroaches represent a cleaning of what is dirty having occurred, yet not yet a letting go of. On the tongue / the word, points to where the ‘cleaned cockroaches’ are kept going / kept alive or ‘in play’ so to speak. 

I'm not sure whether it represents the following, but what comes to mind is that I still tend to overthink when it comes to relating with others. It's all good and fine, people tend to like me, and we get along well. Yet, especially after, not really before, having said something or hanging out with peepz, I question my actions a lot, more often than not in a negative light (e.g. "you shouldn't have done that, you shouldn't have said that, you could've said it like this"). And I actually do struggle to let it go, even if everything's fine.

I often remind myself that everything's fine, and it is, and I find evidence for it, yet I cling to the feeling that it is not.

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

How?

By simultaneously appearing as two spheres & forgetting that I am. Then it seems like there is finite, finite dreams & therein, discord. But there isn’t finite, and that’s what seems discordant. 

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I'm not sure whether it represents the following, but what comes to mind is that I still tend to overthink when it comes to relating with others. It's all good and fine, people tend to like me, and we get along well. Yet, especially after, not really before, having said something or hanging out with peepz, I question my actions a lot, more often than not in a negative light (e.g. "you shouldn't have done that, you shouldn't have said that, you could've said it like this"). And I actually do struggle to let it go, even if everything's fine.

I often remind myself that everything's fine, and it is, and I find evidence for it, yet I cling to the feeling that it is not.

Maybe the behaviors & actions have been ‘cleaned’ as in aligned, yet the belief in separate selves as thinkers persists, in believing the thoughts about the me, who’s actions are questioned. If so, it would be thoughts which are ‘clung to’, not feeling. The feeling ‘speaks the truth’ of ‘the finite dreams’, and is the seemingly finite dreams. 

3 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Only when they are striking and or memorable. If you keep giving thought to something it's because there's a message in it or different way of looking at it, whether it was a dream or waking occurrence. 

I felt an odd ease in my heart when I read "different way of looking at it".. as if there's a perspective, which isn't that heavy on my heart, which works equally well or even better. It feels really good, actually.

10 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Expression, (saying what you mean), is purifying. 

It's interesting that you mention that. When I say what I mean, I'm usually pretty direct. I believe that I'm too direct to some people. Thus, I decorate my sentences with more words than necessary, and more words than I actually meant/want to say. Perhaps another thing that's connected to that is the fear of "awkward silence", especially when I'm just with one person. It's twisted, because I don't even desire to talk that much. 😂

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

By simultaneously appearing as two spheres & forgetting that I am. Then it seems like there is finite, finite dreams & therein, discord. But there isn’t finite, and that’s what seems discordant. 

Maybe the behaviors & actions have been ‘cleaned’ as in aligned, yet the belief in separate selves as thinkers persists, in believing the thoughts about the me, who’s actions are questioned. If so, it would be thoughts which are ‘clung to’, not feeling. The feeling ‘speaks the truth’ of ‘the finite dreams’, and is the seemingly finite dreams. 

This one, I need to digest in silence. Much appreciated!! Thank you, sir. 🙏

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

No doubt. But they also can be pleasant just to be pleasant.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Cockroaches represent what is ‘dirty’

So what do shadow monstrosities that feed on one's life essence through a tube stuck in one's back represent?

shadow monstrosities that feed on one's life essence through a tube stuck in one's back?

Edited by Eothasian

Animals are good people

@Eothasian

The shadow represents what is kept out of the light (of awareness), what one doesn’t want to and or isn’t ready to look at, be aware of, and or process yet. The monstrosity is indicative of size & fear, and how what we don’t look at, or avoid, seems to grow, the longer we don’t look at it & process it. Once we do, though it may be emotionally difficult, it is like the ‘monster in the closet’. When we look in the closet we always find that is ultimately empty. The back represents this is something in the past. The tube represents that the discord of not looking at / process is unnatural. It is a man made ‘way in’.  The feeding on life essence points to what happened in the past being of a relationship, or much more likely the absence of a healthy relating on someone else’s part in relation to you. Possibly someone who did not fulfill their role lovingly. 

If that ‘fits’… I would visualize the tube & monstrosities staying in place, as if frozen in time…  while you turn around and look at the tube & monstrosity. It might very well be experienced as if looking in a closet that for sure there is going to be a monster in there, but looking is the way to discover that there is not and to be free of any residual effect the past might be having on the present & future. 

This ‘looking at it’ is like an unblocking of and an allowing of healing. Emotionally and physiologically. It also comes to mind that there might be a habit or two, even if slight or not very significant, which is associated & will naturally fall away. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

The monstrosity is indicative of size & fear, and how what we don’t look at,

I was repeatedly trying to look at it, but it kept instilling forget and diverting my head away. It doesn't want me to, otherwise I will be able to free myself.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

emotionally difficult

I am willing to look at it regardless the terror. 

Edited by Eothasian

Animals are good people

@Eothasian

By ‘it’ I don’t mean a second entity which does or doesn’t want. That would be the ‘thing’ to look at. 

In the ‘monster in the closet’ analogy all notions of what the monster wants or doesn’t want, does or doesn’t do, did or might do, are dispelled by looking in the closet and finding there is no monster there. 

1 hour ago, Eothasian said:

It doesn't want me to, otherwise I will be able to free myself

The “second entity” is only the thought that there is a second entity. It’s not possible for me to free myself. It is possible to experience the thought about a me and a myself, and in that recognition is the recognition I am already free. 

Another approach or perspective… put what you want first, and allow others to do the same. If what you want is not the same as what anyone else wants, allow that, be at peace with that. Experientially speaking that is reality as it is. Believing someone else should do what you want, or that you should do what someone else wants is suffering. Understanding & recognizing ignore-ance is key. Compassion follows. 

1 hour ago, Eothasian said:

I am willing to look at it regardless the terror. 

That’s the spirit! 👊🏼

And also, the terror is only in not looking. Doesn’t mean it’s easy per se, but the more there is inspection the more ‘it’ is dispelled, and the easier it gets. The more that is let go, vs combatted with, the easier it is. 

On 8/31/2022 at 4:01 PM, Phil said:

How does that lead to the accurate interpretations of dreams? (Assuming that it is accurate)

On 8/31/2022 at 4:01 PM, Phil said:

Sounds like I gotta pull out the good ol‘ emotional scale and question questioning myself. 😂

@Phil

I might not be seeing the forest for the trees. Haven‘t thought about the ego for quite a long time. It‘s funny because when I started the spiritual journey some years ago, my main goal was to annihilate the ego and gain universal/existential knowledge. Now I hardly care or think about it, and just wanna have a good time here.

Ok maybe a few universal mindfucks here and there, too. 😂