Happiness or Truth ?

Someone here

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Someone here

How are these one & the same?

Who is the value measurer, how is a value of these actually measured? 

They can overlap but they are not equal to each other .

In my book..truth is simply direct experience.  Happiness is an experience within direct experience.  So truth is more inclusive than Happiness.  You could say Happiness is a subset of truth .

Let's just suppose that truth is an awful thing or bad news .would you sacrifice your happiness to know the truth at any cost or would you deny the awful truth to live in delusional happiness?  

Curious to know how would you answer this one. 

The value measurer is you of course.  

Please let me use words like "you " and "me " and "I" without questioning my existence 😅

18 hours ago, Someone here said:

Let's just suppose that truth is an awful thing or bad news .would you sacrifice your happiness to know the truth at any cost or would you deny the awful truth to live in delusional happiness?  

I would choose happiness.

Though I suspect happiness = truth.

There must be an effortless way.

This is one of those things that quite brutally came up using psychedelics. It was the worst.

Wanted to take them because thought that being enlightened and highly conscious and knowing the truth is badass, brave, cool, sexy, and the only non-delusional and non-avoiding way. Not knowing the truth, not being awake in the other hand... Was for babies, scared shitless children who are just avoiding harsh truths and playing silly child's games... Yeah, you recognize the rhetoric.

Wanted to know the truth and be awake just because wanted to be the coolest, sexy, best, admired, big-dick fearless highest potential of humanity and finally good enough for good life, god, and women.

Horrifying trip naturally followed. Went down a spiral of delusions... Delsions that told me I had to commit suicide in order to prove my worth, in order to know the truth, in order to end suffering. "Death, the ultimate fear, must be the ultimate test."

The delusions, terror and anxiety lasted for about a year, until bit by bit the emotional guidance was 'revealed'... And bit by bit it was heard, and is still being heard. Small steps.

There must be an effortless way.