Here's Leo Gura's deleted video on solipsism.  He claims in it that I (the viewer)  am the only "conscious thing In existence " and that all other people are my mere imagination and they don't have independent existence on their own outside my consciousness of them  .

In the video he defined "awakening " as the realization that you are God,the only conscious entity in existence. 

And here's the Wikipedia page on solipsism:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

I wanna know your opinions on solipsism and how it relates to non-duality and awakening. 

Edited by Someone here

entity (n.)

1590s, "being," from Late Latin entitatem (nominative entitas), from ens (genitive entis) "a thing," proposed by Caesar as present participle of esse "be" (see is), to render Greek philosophical term to on "that which is" (from neuter of present participle of einai "to be," from PIE root *es- "to be"). Originally abstract; concrete sense in English is from 1620s. 

https://www.etymonline.com/word/entity

A being, or AN entity, is not Being, just like A feeling, is not feeling itself. We are being itself, not "a" being, not a thing. To be a thing is to be material, and to be a thing and not a no-thing is duality, and therefore is a thought/belief. 

Youtube Channel  

9 minutes ago, Mandy said:

entity (n.)

1590s, "being," from Late Latin entitatem (nominative entitas), from ens (genitive entis) "a thing," proposed by Caesar as present participle of esse "be" (see is), to render Greek philosophical term to on "that which is" (from neuter of present participle of einai "to be," from PIE root *es- "to be"). Originally abstract; concrete sense in English is from 1620s. 

https://www.etymonline.com/word/entity

A being, or AN entity, is not Being, just like A feeling, is not feeling itself. We are being itself, not "a" being, not a thing. To be a thing is to be material, and to be a thing and not a no-thing is duality, and therefore is a thought/belief. 

I was expecting this kind of answer from you 😆

Imo Your True Self is a little tiny flame of this Universal Reality that is Life itself, Consciousness itself, Being itself, Love itself, Light and Fire itself, God’s very self. 

Thinking creates the separate self, the ego self, the insecure self. The God-given contemplative mind, on the other hand, recognizes the God Self, the Christ Self, as being EVERYTHING.  Literally all of existence. All of reality .If I'm ALL of reality..the whole shebang..then how could be an "other " to me ?

My view on Solipsism? 

-- it's a view. One of many. There's a ton of nondualists on YouTube. They tend to spout of nondual cliches like "There is no YOU!" -- but where they are different many times is how they describe the ineffable. Emptiness or Fullness or Illusion or Buddha Nature or Nihilism or Brahman or God. We put our own conceptual framework on our spiritual experience to explain and talk about it. 

Solipsism takes the Brahman or God view a step further -- you are Brahman, you are God. Indeed, in Vedanta, there's the  saying, "The World is Illusion. The only thing real is Brahma. You are Brahma." Many paths talk about how we're already awakened, that we all have Buddha Nature, we all have Christ Nature or God Nature. But they don't seem to go as far as Leo Gura's explanation of Solipsism where You are literally God. I like Ajahn Chah's saying: "Don't be an arahant. Don't be a bodhisattva. Don't be anything at all. If you're anything at all, you'll suffer."

Being God seems like a lot of pressure you know? I"d feel I"m doing a piss poor job of things. Kids getting cancer. Eye parasites. Comcast. 

Solipsism gets a lot of attention here because of Leo Gura. 

Solipsism to me seems a bit egotistical. Which is paradoxical because a lot of paths is deconstructing the "I", the ego. Does Solipsism help here? Is the view useful on the path? See the educational tale of Connor Murphy, who was like Leo Gura dialed up to 11, and was committed twice. Leo disowned him, but really Connor wasn't saying anything that Leo wasn't. There's a fine line between awakening and psychosis. 

Oh, so after doing some drugs and listening to Leo, one is God, omnipotent and all-knowing now? Prove it. There's a funny Leo Gura video, Awakening in Real Time, I think it's called. Leo takes some drugs and films it. He claims he is God, omniscient. Then early on, a delivery guy knocks on the door. "Who is that??" Leo asks. Then he wonders if the camera is on and is filming.  Leo claims to be able to heal all world diseases. This is something even his most ardent fanboys do not even try to defend. (Yet Leo himself still has health issues. Huh. )

The start of this next video makes a good point. The most alarming delusion of all is thinking others don't matter. I think Solipsism can foster this view. 

Edited by Aware Wolf

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” ― The Buddha