Good video making hardware software?

Hey y’all,

I wanted to start making videos so that I can practice vulnerability and so I can express my thoughts. Basically I wanted to ask Mandy and Phil and anyone else who makes videos some question on how to get started.

What do you use to record? Phone, camera, computer camera? Do you use a specific microphone?

Do you use video editing software?

Where do you get your thumbnails?

any general advice?

Thanks y’all much appreciated.

What I currently do is very simple. I use my phone to record, then I upload to my computer and use Vegas Movie Studio to do any edits I want to make. I have a tripod made for phones, and a larger tripod I can attach it to if I want. You can get thumbnails through stock images or I like to take my own or generally just use a shot from the video itself. Some phones and cameras will require a microphone for good audio, they are a good idea if it works for your setup. In the past when I've tried to use them they've been very glitchy and cut out in a lot recordings. 

Have fun! I think it's a wonderful practice, and I would highly suggest it to anyone. ❤️If you're going to post them publicly, make sure to share a link with us! 

Youtube Channel  

8 hours ago, Mandy said:

What I currently do is very simple. I use my phone to record, then I upload to my computer and use Vegas Movie Studio to do any edits I want to make. I have a tripod made for phones, and a larger tripod I can attach it to if I want. You can get thumbnails through stock images or I like to take my own or generally just use a shot from the video itself. Some phones and cameras will require a microphone for good audio, they are a good idea if it works for your setup. In the past when I've tried to use them they've been very glitchy and cut out in a lot recordings. 

Have fun! I think it's a wonderful practice, and I would highly suggest it to anyone. ❤️If you're going to post them publicly, make sure to share a link with us! 

Thanks for the input! A tripod sounds like a great idea. And I will for sure post the link to my channel when I start it.