How to Not Get Sick

Maybe some time for learning/reflecting on my part.

But I get a bit concerned when my mom gets sick because she does nothing to prevent others from getting sick. She doesn't cover her mouth or quarantine or anything, so if she gets sick we all get sick.

If I'm vibrating high will I be safe no matter what? If I get sick I'll fast probably.

♾️

Many times there's no rhyme or reason why someone doesnt get sick when everyone else is, other times it seems a positive outlook and healthy lifestyle helps. 

Personally, I don't worry about it much, but wash my hands when needed, distance yourself when you can.

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

Wait till you have kids. 😄I have some zinc I take if I get exposed to something. There are also some herbs like cats claw and others for immunity. Other than that and common sense staying away from sick people when I can, I don't give it much thought. Interestingly enough the colds I got before having kids were more severe than they are now because I've been exposed to so much at this point. 

Youtube Channel  

16 hours ago, Orb said:

But I get a bit concerned when my mom gets sick because she does nothing to prevent others from getting sick.

How does mom make others sick?

Mom asserts upon your reality, which you are not the creator of?

16 hours ago, Orb said:

She doesn't cover her mouth or quarantine or anything, so if she gets sick we all get sick.

So if someone told you their experience is the opposite, you might be inclined to believe they’re lying…?

16 hours ago, Orb said:

If I'm vibrating high will I be safe no matter what? If I get sick I'll fast probably.

Is there vibrating high while looking to be safe?

A wise man once said: 

from which I deduce, one must first believe ‘sick’, then feel & avert from the discord of the belief in assertion,  by ‘understanding’ how not to. 

Well by doing cold showers is almost impossible to get sick but it's not for everybody. Why fear getting sick though? If you get sick you get sick you rest and then you are good again.

Now the no1 reason to get seriously sick is how bad you feel for how long psychologically. Water quality, a good diet, exercise, feeling good and enough sleep are the pillars of good health.

@Phil thanks for bringing that up again, I've actually been remembering that insight way more now so illbe applying it a lot 😀

also, I'm just confused, I don't want to sit with her while she's feverish and coughing just to prove I'm not afraid or that I'm selfless.

@MazE thanks for those suggestions! I miss cold showers, the water in my shower doesn't have cold enough water lol.

♾️

15 minutes ago, Orb said:

I ended up getting sick anyways lol.

I gotta admit that made me laugh when I initially read it.😆

That's why I normally don't worry about it. We make plans and God laughs.

So sorry. I do hope you feel better. 😚

@Faith I found it a lil funny too, im noticing the early signs, sudden chills/nausea, feeling tired.

Im actually feeling excited about it, I want to fast for a few days as fasting is really good when youre sick, and ill be stretching/detoxing during that time.

♾️

11 minutes ago, Orb said:

I found it a lil funny too, im noticing the early signs, sudden chills/nausea, feeling tired.

Yeah, it's not actually funny, I just have a twisted sense of humor.

Being sick really sucks!🤒

What's up with wanting to fast? Trying to drop a few pounds? Or is it strictly health related? 

@Faith

Just now, Faith said:

I just have a twisted sense of humor.

same!

Just now, Faith said:

What's up with wanting to fast? Trying to drop a few pounds? Or is it strictly health related? 

Fasting while being sick allows the body to fully focus on recovery, eating while sick can actually lengthen the process of getting better.

I also think this is a great time to detox in general!

Fasting kind of resets your appetite/food cravings and the mental clarity is amazing. I think One Meal a Day is optimal, but a solid 2-3 day fast can be a great start to that lifestyle.

♾️

17 minutes ago, Orb said:

eating while sick can actually lengthen the process of getting better.

Hmm, I'm a nurse, so I'd have to see a study before I could entertain that ^ idea, however if you think it'll make you feel better, then have at it. 😊

17 minutes ago, Orb said:

Fasting kind of resets your appetite/food cravings

I've never flat out completely fasted, as in no food, however I've dropped my calories to about 800. Which I'm actually doing now and it is amazing how if you stick to it for a couple days it does shut down the cravings. I've only been doing again since Friday, but already lost a few pounds. 

I've done this "diet" before and seems to be the only way I can lose weight. 

6 minutes ago, Faith said:

Hmm, I'm a nurse, so I'd have to see a study before I could entertain that ^ idea, however if you think it'll make you feel better, then have at it. 😊

@Faith yea im not an expert on it just looked at some stuff on google lol.

7 minutes ago, Faith said:

I've never flat out completely fasted, as in no food, however I've dropped my calories to about 800. Which I'm actually doing now and it is amazing how if you stick to it for a couple days it does shut down the cravings. I've only been doing again since Friday, but already lost a few pounds. 

I've done this "diet" before and seems to be the only way I can lose weight. 

Good! As long as it works 💪

Does the diet last a few weeks?

♾️

3 minutes ago, Orb said:

Good! As long as it works 💪

Does the diet last a few weeks?

I haven't done it for a year or two. However, 12 weeks is supposed to be max on a vlcd, until you give your body a break and increase calories for awhile. The max I've ever done it was 12 weeks about 7 years ago, before my trip to Mexico. I lost 30 pounds, but I would drop down to 500 cals a couple times a week.