Jump to content

The Gospel Of John


Recommended Posts

I found this film really interesting. I'm from a Christian background  originally and so find this stuff fascinating anyway, but I was really struck with how many non dual passages there are here, from the very start.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup, I read it too a while ago and it's really good.

 

Sermon of the Mount in Gospel of Matthew seems quite good too. There is some weird stuff that I think is probably added for social control, like adultery and divorce, but there are some great parts there.

 

What Jesus shared is pretty much the same as Actuality of Being, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Yup, I read it too a while ago and it's really good.

 

Sermon of the Mount in Gospel of Matthew seems quite good too. There is some weird stuff that I think is probably added for social control, like adultery and divorce, but there are some great parts there.

 

I don't know,  this is some of the most unapologetic nonduality I've read in the bible. Really confusing if you think you are the body though and it's not pointing to that you aren't already the body. 

 

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

 

 

 Youtube Channel    Website

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Blessed2

24 minutes ago, Mandy said:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 

There isn't any guilt and blame, and no one is free from it.

24 minutes ago, Mandy said:

If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Cut off the identity connection rather than suffer now. 

 Youtube Channel    Website

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think it’s meant literally. 

Oh, is that why you're bald? 

 

I guess pirates were the only true saints and that means I was confused about the "fishers of men" reference too. So Jesus was actually a pirate. 🤯

 

 Youtube Channel    Website

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Mandy

First, I am not bald gd, this electric trim without an attachment buzz cut is by choice. There’s hair, it’s just buzzed every few days. 

Second, even if I was bald (WHICH I AM NOT) what’s that have to do with it?

😂 Well either way your hair must have offended thee. 

 Youtube Channel    Website

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

@Mandy @Phil I'm wondering about the Holy Spirit.

 

'The Son' seems to point to what is seen (the lenses?)

 

'The Father' seems to point to unseen (infinite)

 

But what about 'The Holy Spirit'? Is this perhaps the emotional guidance...?

Lens; son. 

World / universe / creation; father. 

Holy Ghost; being the spheres.

What appears to forget, forgets by appearing. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Lens; son. 

World / universe / creation; father. 

Holy Ghost; being the spheres.

What appears to forget, forgets by appearing. 

 

 

Trying to figure out how this works with ACIM...

 

So the Son (lens, or projector, small mind) forgets since appearing as the lens, thus in it's forgetting projects all kinds of crazy separation-guilt-shame-fear based stuff on the Father (screen, big mind).

 

The Father ain't really the forms and colours, but white boundless screen. (Quantum field, maybe?)

 

Holy Ghost is being the spheres, being the whole shebang. We only ever feel as our true self, we only ever feel as holy ghost. Hence, when the Son is acting kinda poorly in his forgetfulness, holy ghost 'comes' as emotional guidance, to remind?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

 

Trying to figure out how this works with ACIM...

Not sure I’d expect that it does. 

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

 

So the Son (lens, or projector, small mind) forgets since appearing as the lens, thus in it's forgetting projects all kinds of crazy separation-guilt-shame-fear based stuff on the Father (screen, big mind).

Yes, that happens, and also small mind & infinite mind are thoughts not minds. There is no mind which forgets. 

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

 

The Father ain't really the forms and colours, but white boundless screen. (Quantum field, maybe?)

A sphere. The world, universe, cosmos, earth, etc. All pointing synonyms. 

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

 

Holy Ghost is being the spheres, being the whole shebang. We only ever feel as our true self, we only ever feel as holy ghost. Hence, when the Son is acting kinda poorly in his forgetfulness, holy ghost 'comes' as emotional guidance, to remind?

Yes and ghost denotes something that there isn’t. I’d say what is but isn’t a thing. But no one is saying this. 😅  In Catholicism the only unredeemable sin is the denial of the Holy Ghost.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Phil Oh okay... Things might be clarifying...

 

So... Holy Ghost (that which is not) (Shiva!!) vibrationally appears as two spheres, Father and Son.

 

I might have before mixed up what the spheres mean... Could it be said that Father is Being/Actuality, and Son is kind of Being/Actuality spread across, as what looks like a world of time and space and people and stuff like that?

 

Which one is Actual Boundless Here This and which one is the Actual Here This but seems/appears as like a lot of stuff and things?

 

..

 

Jeez, my heart is bounding fast. Really looking inward here.

Edited by Blessed2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By clicking, I agree to the terms of use, rules, guidelines & to hold Actuality of Being LLC, admin, moderators & all forum members harmless.