The "Sheep" - Manipulation

Blessed2

It's when "being a sheep" is conveyed as being embarrassing, weak, stupid, and something to avoid. That when something is mainstream, it's probably wrong because it's mainstream and should be avoided.

When that is believed, controlling can become easy just by pointing out that what the manipulator doesn't want, is "sheep behaviour". One believing that "being a sheep" is bad, will look for what is not sheep & mainstream.

Easy sell. "Sheep stuff, the mainstream stuff, is embarassing. What I offer is not sheep mainstream stuff. Therefore to not be embarrassing, follow me."

I'll throw a curve ball and say that the idea that there is sheep stuff and that it is embarrassing to "be a sheep", is the sheepest thing there is.

It's similar as the "fear" - manipulation.

Easy sell. "Fear and the desire of comfort is what's keeping you from The Truth. Giving up to your fear is embarrassing and weak. I have hard, scary pills to swallow. Therefore in order to not be embarrassing and weak, swallow my pills."

Edited by Blessed2

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

What is the root of manipulation, why would someone try to manipulate? 

Not "someone". Just belief.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

What emotion or emotions is manipulation in avoidance of? 

Depends on the belief/thought really.

Not sure from what the separate self thing came here. The thread isn't really about manipulation per se, maybe a poor choice of words. Just belief / conditioning.