I love this vinyl version of this album.  I like how you can hear contributions of the entire band on this album, you can hear everyone kinda equally.  It's one big collective sound.  

Rob Halford – lead and backing vocals
Glenn Tipton – rhythm and lead guitar

K. K. Downing – rhythm and lead guitar

Ian Hill – bass guitar

Dave Holland – drums, percussion

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Released in 2008.  Robert Trujillo is fun to listen to on bass guitar on this album.   Kirk's lead guitar solos are so awesome, I love it!  The whole band is in top form on this album.  I like the funky element to the songs most likely influenced by Robert Trujillo being in the band.  I love the tone of Lars' drums and how they're superbly recorded and mixed in the sound. 

James Hetfield – vocals, rhythm guitar, guitar solo on "Suicide & Redemption"
Kirk Hammett – lead guitar
Robert Trujillo – bass guitar
Lars Ulrich – drums

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Ok. Enough being nice.

Lets go real fucking heavy, dark and crazy now. Enough with the kindergarten stuff.

WARNING! THIS IS SOME SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP SHIT! And I absolutely love it! Discovered it just last night, actually. So happy!

Are you enlightened enough to appreciate THIS? I double dare you.

The only other band I can think of that can come anywhere close to that shit, in terms of shock and brilliance value... is Infant Annihilator. Yup, you read that right.

This band is actually just three angels spreading awareness about religion and paedophilia and other fun stuff. It's highly distorted though.

I double dare you, again.

Dave Mustaine – lead and backing vocals, rhythm guitar (mostly) and lead guitar
Marty Friedman – lead guitar (mostly) and rhythm guitar, backing vocals, acoustic guitar, sitar on "A Secret Place"
David Ellefson – bass guitar, backing vocals
Nick Menza – drums, backing vocals

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

One of my favorite albums.  I'm trying to distinguish between Würzel and Phil Campbell's lead guitar solos.*  Lemmy is definitely one of my favorite bass guitar players, that bass tone he has too, I love that big, trashy sound! He's like Steve Harris (Iron Maiden), he plays bass like a rhythm guitar.

Lemmy – lead and backing vocals, bass guitar
Würzel – rhythm and lead guitar, slide guitar on "Stone Deaf in the U.S.A."
Phil Campbell – rhythm and lead guitar, slide guitar on "Eat the Rich"
Phil Taylor – drums

*From Claude 3.5 Sonnet:

"Q: what is the difference between Würzel and Phil Campbell's lead guitar styles?

Wurzel (Michael Burston) and Phil Campbell were both lead guitarists for Motörhead, but they had distinctive styles that contributed to the band's sound in different ways. Here are some key differences between their lead guitar styles:

1. Technical approach:
   - Wurzel: Known for a more raw, aggressive style with less emphasis on technical precision.
   - Phil Campbell: Generally considered more technically proficient, with cleaner execution and more complex lead work.

2. Tone:
   - Wurzel: Often had a grittier, more distorted tone that fit well with Motörhead's raw sound.
   - Phil Campbell: Tends to have a slightly cleaner, more defined tone while still maintaining the band's edge.

3. Solo structure:
   - Wurzel: His solos were often more chaotic and unpredictable, fitting the punk-influenced side of Motörhead.
   - Phil Campbell: Tends to construct more melodic and structured solos, though still with plenty of attitude.

4. Influences:
   - Wurzel: Had a strong punk and early metal influence in his playing.
   - Phil Campbell: Draws more from classic rock and blues influences, which sometimes shows in his lead work.

5. Improvisation:
   - Wurzel: Known for a more improvisational, off-the-cuff style in his solos.
   - Phil Campbell: While capable of improvisation, his solos often feel more composed and deliberate.

6. Harmony work:
   - Wurzel: The band's dual-guitar attack during his tenure was often more about power than intricate harmony.
   - Phil Campbell: Especially after becoming the sole guitarist, developed more sophisticated harmony parts in addition to lead work.

7. Effects usage:
   - Wurzel: Typically used minimal effects, focusing on a straightforward, distorted sound.
   - Phil Campbell: More likely to incorporate various effects into his playing for textural variety.

Both guitarists were crucial in shaping Motörhead's sound during their respective tenures. Wurzel's style epitomized the band's earlier, more punk-influenced era, while Phil Campbell's approach has helped evolve the band's sound over his longer tenure, maintaining their edge while introducing more varied guitar work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Arguably one of the wokest and most alien friendly prog metal bands ever. Truly beautiful, otherworldly music.

Homo sapiens

And your carbon-based anatomy

The child you're looking for

Is starved and lost, a memory

Drop the knife

Leave your arms behind

Just for a moment

Calm the mind

The longing never ends

Not while you're human

This album sounds great on vinyl!

Bruce Dickinson – lead and backing vocals