13 hours ago, Orb said:

Awakening is unfolding 🙂

🫣

12 hours ago, Phil said:

Like this. 

What about a self which love kills / ego death? Or for that matter, awakens or becomes enlightened? 

that self does not exist

but if I let go of thoughts as an identification, there will be nothing left 

Posted (edited)

Something that really strikes me as interesting lately is that Beingness seems prior and 'independent' of thought.

For example, lets say I sit to enjoy the sunset but I start to have a certain sticky believable thought, I experience anxiousness or fear, Ok. However, at the same time, if I look to my legs (for example), there seem to be a 'Beingness' in there that does not care about the thought at all. Like that that Beingness is beyond the thoughts, completely outside of them. I could be thinking about the most terrible or fearful things yet the Beingness of my body seem to 'not care', is just 'fine'. 😳

So where is my being? Is at at my legs? My being are my legs? my legs + what appears? What does it even mean for my being to me outside the thoughts? Woah, lots of questions, everyday im more im confused, ignorant, lost, although magically lost, the more lost I get the more fun I seem to have lately. @Phil 😂

Edited by ConsciousDreamer666

17 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

who am I? Still the thought about being such a thing as 'death' seems quite sticky and 'believable' so to speak.

Although clearly I can not be a thought. 

Weird...

Exactly. Noticing the a priori, the presumptions, like that you’re a who.

Self Inquiry: What is the feeling of being me?

Can you be what you experience? How exactly would there be experience if so?

13 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Something that really strikes me as interesting lately is that Beingness seems prior and 'independent' of thought.

Totally!

For example, lets say I sit to enjoy the sunset but I start to have a certain sticky believable thought, I experience anxiousness or fear, Ok. However, at the same time, if I look to my legs (for example), there seem to be a 'Beingness' in there that does not care about the thought at all. Like that that Beingness is beyond the thoughts, completely outside of them. I could be thinking about the most terrible or fearful things yet the Beingness of my body seem to 'not care', is just 'fine'. 😳

Likely resonates more than discordant thoughts, but yet are interpretations which aren’t as sweet as that which is appearing as. Having thoughts, anxiousness, fear, my legs, Beingness, in there, doesn’t care…. beyond thoughts… terrible & fearful things, my body.

Conjecture of metaphysics, beyond & becoming plays a significant role in upholding the sep self. Mistaken identity begets, mistaken identity. 

So where is my being? Is at at my legs? My being are my legs? my legs + what appears? What does it even mean for my being to me outside the thoughts? Woah, lots of questions, everyday im more im confused, ignorant, lost, although magically lost, the more lost I get the more fun I seem to have lately. @Phil 😂

My being is kinda the predictable belief in that regard. Garbage in garbage out. Painting a pretty picture of the sep self in time is still about the sep self in time. 

What is the feeling of being me?

Let all the riddles burn in the fire. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

What is the feeling of being me?

Let all the riddles burn in the fire. 

Well, lets see. The feeling itself It seems to be the question itself. The substance of this experience.

Im trying to grasp what really is Life. What really is consciousness.

Not thinking It, or arriving to a conclusion. (Like "This is It"). But rather, Directly know what is this. What is a sound, what is awareness, what is Life. What iiiiiis It.

Can I know what Life is?

9 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Well, lets see. The feeling itself It seems to be the question itself. The substance of this experience.

Not thinking It, or arriving to a conclusion. (Like "This is It"). But rather, Directly know what is this. What is a sound, what is awareness, what is Life. What iiiiiis It.

Can I know what Life is?

Knowing is the biggest illusion. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

14 minutes ago, James123 said:

Knowing is the biggest illusion. 

But i dont mean knowing It with language or as a concept. (Like, "oh, is God!" Or "Oh is me!", or "oh is a dream!")

I mean Directly grasping what ISSSSS consciousness. 

How do you even know reality exists?? That something is even happening right now?

42 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Can I know what Life is?

Not life, consciousness, a substance of experience, not any THING graspable, not concepts - FEELING

😅

What is the FEELING of being Me! 

Self Inquiry / awakening / enlightenment is not an intellectual endeavor

♥️

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not life, consciousness, a substance of experience, not any THING graspable, not concepts - FEELING

😅

♥️

Peter ralston said he spent several days contemplating non stop until he realized reality is nothing

What is the feeling of being me, well, lets see, nothing? 

Nothing exists.

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

😅

♥️

I still don't understand why people think enlightenment is a feeling endeavor.

💬 🗯️🤍

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Fucking people...

Bliss means Moksha or Awakening or Liberation not attachment to pleasant feelings or trying to avoid "discordant" feelings.  One is in Bliss because they are spiritually enlightened and for that reason only.  Bliss is not human emotions or passions.  I get the no people thing.  Egos attach to pleasant feelings.  That brings you right into trying to control Reality and suffering when you can't.  That's neck-deep in samsara.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

19 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Peter ralston said he spent several days contemplating non stop until he realized reality is nothing

What is the feeling of being me, well, lets see, nothing? 

Nothing exists.

These are concepts about a Peter, time and nothing. 

Thoughts. 

‘Nothing exists’ is not the feeling of being me. 

It’s a thought. 

🤍

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Bliss means Moksha or Awakening not attachment to pleasant feelings or trying to avoid "discordant" feelings.  I get the no people thing.

You don't get it as well as I do fool, I've been on the path for decades.

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I still don't understand why people think enlightenment is a feeling endeavor.

From the illusory perspective of a separate self (an understander or thinker), which is to say thoughts / thought attachment, there seems to be other understanders and thinkers (people), and so it could seem that another thinker thinks enlightenment is a feeling endeavor and a you doesn’t understand why people think this.