about meditation practice

Blessed2

If you have trouble / are not feeling like starting daily meditation, this might help.

It's about routine, not about how much you do it. Meditation is not a willpower practice.

5 minutes twice a day every day is way better than six hours every now and then.

It's about daily routine, not about the lenght of the session.

Even less than five minutes is ok.

Even just 3 minutes twice a day is a good place to start and slowly add some lenght to the session.

That you can make it into a steady routine you follow day to day is way way more important than how long the session is.

If three minutes is too much, then count ten or twenty breaths. EVERY DAY. The routine is the key.

There is no reason to not start!!

There must be an effortless way.

48 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

If you have trouble / are not feeling like starting daily meditation, this might help.

It's about routine, not about how much you do it. Meditation is not a willpower practice.

5 minutes twice a day every day is way better than six hours every now and then.

It's about daily routine, not about the lenght of the session.

Even less than five minutes is ok.

Even just 3 minutes twice a day is a good place to start and slowly add some lenght to the session.

That you can make it into a steady routine you follow day to day is way way more important than how long the session is.

If three minutes is too much, then count ten or twenty breaths. EVERY DAY. The routine is the key.

There is no reason to not start!!

Have you ever done retreats?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

If you're feeling crazy, take a chance and set your timer to 1 hour. 

1 hour of meditation first thing in the morning is delicious. 

But I also agree that any duration daily is great to start off with.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Splitting 1 hour into 3 20 minute sessions per day has also helped me in the beginning. Plus you get to sprinkle in presence throughout your day ☺️😌

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture