Paradox is what the mind labels infinity as. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

The apparent seeker sees nothing in what is sought, because the sought can know nothing of its reality. 

So there is never any paradox in reality.

“SEEKER” is just another empty principle appearing real in this conception. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2024 at 7:48 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Your response gets tricky from an advaita vedanta perspective because the ego/mind is that which makes the distinction between subjective and objective.  If there is no ego and no people, then the subjective-objective duality is false.  The Self doesn't become anything; to become implies change and the Self is changeless.

Vivartavada
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivartavada

Yes when I meant objectivity I meant something prior to language which is dualistic in nature of course.  The Absolute, if you will.  It is Absolute.  Of course I'm only pointing to it with words  - the words aren't IT.    Now, when back in an egoic state of mind, telling someone else who has experienced God of your experience may have a different experience or description of what it was like then you did.    But "your" Experience is Absolutely Unique...of course it is! Of course it is, because you're God!  

Edited by Robed Mystic

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Robed Mystic said:

Yes when I meant objectivity I meant something prior to language which is dualistic in nature of course.  The Absolute, if you will.  It is Absolute.  Of course I'm only pointing to it with words  - the words aren't IT.    Now, when back in an egoic state of mind, telling someone else who has experienced God of your experience may have a different experience or description of what it was like then you did.    But "your" Experience is Absolutely Unique...of course it is! Of course it is, because you're God!  

Only you as the Self are God.  Good to hear from you btw. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬

8 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

I'm not joking.  The site has been down like two days now.   That's unheard of.  And no videos for almost a year.  Something happened.

I’ve never been a member of Leo’s forum, although I’ve been a regular lurker reading there.

I have viewed a significant amount of his YouTube videos though.

Maybe the forum is down for maintenance…

And maybe the absence of videos is because he’s simply run out of things to talk about. But yeah, who knows what’s happening. I hope he’s ok.

Posted (edited)

After doing spirituality for a long time and having it benefit me a lot, the paradox is on some level I'm still the same dude I always was.  I'm the same dude but with a bunch more nonsense to talk about lol.  Just kidding.  Naw, it did benefit me on some level.  But I think we exaggerate the change too.  It's ok to be the same ole you you've always been too.  Not everyone is going to agree with me here, and that's ok.  There's something to be said for self-acceptance in this work.  People want to transform into some idea they have in their mind and it just turns into a kind of self-denial and self-delusion.  Not entirely, but in part.  It happened/happens to me and I assume everyone else on the path too.  I suppose I could try to look like Mooji or Sadhguru if I wanted to, but there's no need.  I'm cool being me without any shame.  But at the same time I'm open to change too of course.  It took me a long time to kind of figure this all out on my path because when you're young on the path you tend to think you need to completely transform into something else -- you listen to everyone else tell you what's what.  I can be influenced but I'm an original too.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬

20 minutes ago, Jane said:

Here are 2 good examples of a paradox.

(there never was paradox)

(the lies that tell the truth)

There never was paradox explains what the truth is.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Phil said:

Why?

It's still down - with no communication from Leo at all - i think its a week now.

HIs blog is tied to the website/forum so unless he putx out a video no one knows what is going on.  And all videos stopped months ago.

I hope all is well with him, that's all i can say.  It could be nothing, but i've never seen it offline for this long, its usually just a few hours.

I can't imagine he had a complete disaster and failure of the hard drives - its possible though - i'm not sure what type of redundancy he had and I don't think he hosted it in the cloud.

Edited by Robed Mystic