How safe are beta blockers?

Has anyone had any experience with beta blockers and how safe are they? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Yea for anxiety

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Full disclosure, no direct experience, just speculation here. 

Beta blockers seem to target the manifesting symptoms of anxiety by blocking adrenaline spikes of discordant thoughts from the heart, without addressing the discordant thoughts. They might actually hinder getting to the root of the discord / dispelling discordant beliefs. 

Masking the manifestations (‘physical symptoms’) may contribute to overlooking the underlying discordant thoughts. As the body’s natural response to stress is suppressed, a false sense of security can be experienced making it more challenging to recognize and address discord & alignment, and therein the realization of the true nature / truth of yourself. The therapeutic process, which shares the same aim, can also be delayed or hindered. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Masking the manifestations (‘physical symptoms’) may contribute to overlooking the underlying discordant thoughts. As the body’s natural response to stress is suppressed, a false sense of security can be experienced making it more challenging to recognize and address discord & alignment, and therein the realization of the true nature / truth of yourself. The therapeutic process, which shares the same aim, can also be delayed or hindered. 

This is very informative. Thanks Phil.