why jesus is the son of God?

why christians say Jesus is god and the son of god at the same time?

I was talking to a Christian he said that our nature as humans is not divine as Jesus lol. 

he also said this lol

"Because we are made in the image of God and are not God himself. ‭Genesis 1:26 ESV‬ [26] Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Message #christianity"

Edited by Isagi Yoichi

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

Just now, Isagi Yoichi said:

yeah in the quran its the same too the word our is used even tough its god who is speaking

And somehow, they are referred to as "he" all the time, and so-called Bible thumpers are among the biggest objectors to "they/them" pronouns.  The irony just gets deeper and darker, the harder they seem to "believe". 

As far as the son of God thing, it's interesting that the Jesus cycle coincides with the waning and waxing of the "sun".  In a person's birth chart the position of the sun informs the sense of "self".  But where is the boundary between self and other? 

39 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

As far as the son of God thing, it's interesting that the Jesus cycle coincides with the waning and waxing of the "sun".  In a person's birth chart the position of the sun informs the sense of "self".  But where is the boundary between self and other? 

i dont know what is that?

47 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

the Jesus cycle coincides with the waning and waxing of the "sun".  In a person's birth chart the position of the sun informs the sense of "self".  But where is the boundary between self and other? 

this Jesus cycle thing

1 hour ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

why christians say Jesus is god and the son of god at the same time?

“There aren’t separate selves”.

”You / you people believe there aren’t separate selves!”

“Jesus is God and the son of God at the same time.”

”Christians say Jesus is God and the son of God at the same time!”  

I was talking to a Christian he said that

“Jesus is God and the son of God”.

“I was talking to a Christian and he said that…”

our nature as humans is not divine as Jesus lol. 

It isn’t, as in the belief (our nature as humans) is obscuring. 

he also said this lol

"Because we are made in the image of God and are not God himself. ‭Genesis 1:26 ESV‬ [26] Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Message #christianity"

Put another way, we is movie (image). We is made, of movie (image). 

Screen is, screen. 

I've had to re-write this post because I thought that "Son of God" isn't a Jewish term, but a Greco-Roman Pagan one: there were numerous demigods and demigoddesses born with mixed parentage of divine & human. Eg Hercules, Achilles, Aeneas, Helen of Troy. 

However I just found out that "Son of God" appears several times in the Old Testament (Genesis 6:2, 4; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7; Hosea 1:10) . 

But how to reconcile being a Son of God and God at the same time? And 'God the Father' wasn't his father in the nativity story anyway, it was the Holy Spirit which came to Mary.  My amateur guess would be that the early church leaders wanted to attract both Jews and Pagans into their new religion, and were creating a hybrid theology to appeal to both.