You are/have everything you are looking for

Serenity

Ā 

So, how do you reconcile having already or being already what you're looking for with expressing/feeling past negative self-referential thoughts/emotions?

Ā 

I can entertain pretty well two seemingly different ideas at the same time, but I am having a hard time with emotional paradoxes like thisĀ šŸ« .

Ā 

@PhilĀ šŸ¤šŸ„¹

Ā 

(Btw, Phil -> FEEL, coincidence?Ā šŸ˜†šŸ˜²)

Ā 

giphy.gif

ā€œKnow yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.ā€ - Rupert Spira

I had past as 'from the past' in mind.Ā 

Ā 

While I conceptually know the past is gone, the emotions are still kept alive in the present moment because they seemingly were suppressed and are still to be felt and accepted.

Ā 

But there is also a wish to go through it, 'past it' in the second sense of the word and finally be released of that energy.

1 minute ago, Serenity said:

šŸ¤

@Phil

Ā 

Thanks again for being this forum's dad. Much love.

Thatā€™s very sweet. ā˜ŗļø Much love!

Ā 

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

So, how do you reconcile having already or being already what you're looking for with expressing/feeling past negative self-referential thoughts/emotions?

Go the ā€˜other wayā€™ with this. Instead of how can this be reconciledā€¦ why is this not possible to reconcile?

YouTubeĀ Ā WebsiteĀ Ā Sessions

19 hours ago, Phil said:

Go the ā€˜other wayā€™ with this. Instead of how can this be reconciledā€¦ why is this not possible to reconcile?

Because negative self-referential thoughts and feelings feel bad and they are believed in when they arise.

Ā 

Of course, they are only ego, and the SELF, which is actually who I am is full and is the one who is and have everything I am looking for.

Ā 

I think I answered my own question thanks to this question you asked me. What do you think of it?

Ā 

šŸ¤—

20 hours ago, Phil said:

Thatā€™s very sweet. ā˜ŗļø Much love!

Ā 

@SerenityI think what he means is that "the past" is a thought. So its not really there. How are you going to reconcile something that is not there? That would just be more thoughts about something that is not there.

Edited by WhiteOwl

Yes, that's another perspective on it. But it seems to me that this addition matches the reply.

Ā 

I am not sure whether 'the past' always pertains to the ego or not (though it is always a concept, it can be discussed without direct self-reference for practical purposes), but self-referential thoughts and feelings about a past self always involve the ego. Therefore, they can feel very real for the identified self, but they are ultimately just illusions experienced by the whole, perfect, unified consciousness.