One of the coolest trip reports I’ve ever read

Kevin

This is not my trip report. I found it on Reddit and I think it’s one of the coolest trip reports I’ve ever read. I also really relate to parts of it and I wanted to share it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Psychonaut/s/Oyk5ij2iGG

He talks about entering a state of ecstasy which is just pure white light. When I did 5meodmt I melted completely into that. And when I have deep trips on other psychedelics it feels like I melt toward that white light. Although I don’t usually completely melt into it.

He also talks about how there was a synchronistic response from the environment. I’ve also experience this. Crazy unexplainable things happening in an unexplainable synchronized way. I’m actually having a hard time explaining it.

He also talks about how reality is basically always manufacturing more moments of ecstasy. There are lows but reality is always coming back to a moment of ecstasy. He explains it really well.

It was really inspiring to read this report but I also experienced a lot of sadness. Energetically and emotionally I would say I’m feeling very sad and low energy. But I want to feel that ecstasy. I’ve felt it before. I’ve felt it on psychedelic trips. Although I don’t want to rely on those because I also can have uncomfortable and scary trips.

I also experience that ecstasy with women I like. But I also don’t want to rely on that because I experience a lot of pain when those relationships end. 

I believe I could be doing more or doing something differently because I’m not liking how I’m feeling.

10 hours ago, Kevin said:

I believe I could be doing more or doing something differently because I’m not liking how I’m feeling.

This is a very exciting belief to question.

I used to take that thought for granted for years. Whenever an uncomfortable emotion appeared, I instantly tried to do something about it. Tried to figure it out, contemplate it away with reasoning. Googled something about it. Sought for a new book to find some bit of insight to make it go away. Find a youtube video to give me the insight. Etc.

It never really came to me that maybe nothing has to be done about it. That it (the feeling) doesn't need to be healed, and it doesn't have to be prevented from appearing again.

The thought that the feeling might or will come back later if something isn't done about it, is a belief.

Ramana Maharshi has mentioned something about reaction vs. non-reaction. That whatever comes, do not react. Non-reaction is the way. This is probably exactly what he meant.

Here's a very interesting quote:

"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait. Do not even wait, be quite still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you for its unmasking. It has no choice. It will roll in ecstasy at your feet."

- Franz Kafka

What we call "depression" is really just the belief that tomorrow cannot be the best day of our life if we don't do something, figure it out and find the right answers.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

15 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

This is a very exciting belief to question.

I used to take that thought for granted for years. Whenever an uncomfortable emotion appeared, I instantly tried to do something about it. Tried to figure it out, contemplate it away with reasoning. Googled something about it. Sought for a new book to find some bit of insight to make it go away. Find a youtube video to give me the insight. Etc.

It never really came to me that maybe nothing has to be done about it. That it (the feeling) doesn't need to be healed, and it doesn't have to be prevented from appearing again.

yeah that’s spot on man. I’m just getting to that point so to speak. Being ok with feeling what I’m feeling.

15 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

The thought that the feeling might or will come back later if something isn't done about it, is a belief.

Ramana Maharshi has mentioned something about reaction vs. non-reaction. That whatever comes, do not react. Non-reaction is the way. This is probably exactly what he meant.

Here's a very interesting quote:

"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait. Do not even wait, be quite still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you for its unmasking. It has no choice. It will roll in ecstasy at your feet."

- Franz Kafka

What we call "depression" is really just the belief that tomorrow cannot be the best day of our life if we don't do something, figure it out and find the right answers.

Yeah that’s a really great way to summarize depression.