What is The Heart?

Blessed2

So... I have this ACIM-themed card deck and every now and then I may ask a question, shuffle it, and read the card that pops out.

One certain card has popped out many times, enough to catch my attention.

On one side it says: "The hush of Heaven holds my heart today."

And the other side says: "Remember that where your heart is, there is your treasure also."

I'm kind of lost as to what it's trying to say. What is the message?

I got a feeling that it's saying something quite specific, even though it sounds kind of bland.

Anything come to mind?

There must be an effortless way.

23 minutes ago, Alexander said:

My friend convinced me to read acim and take workbook exercises.

You got a cool friend.

24 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Trust me I don't understand anything.

Read Disappearance of the Universe by Gary Renard.

There must be an effortless way.

16 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

So... I have this ACIM-themed card deck and every now and then I may ask a question, shuffle it, and read the card that pops out.

And the other side says: "Remember that where your heart is, there is your treasure also."

I got a feeling that it's saying something quite specific, even though it sounds kind of bland.

Anything come to mind?

Lots of things enter my brain reading your post.  

The core is power of suggestion.  When a brain thinks outside a box and a mind follows ideas living is more than the time one has adapting in space uniquely here.

The idea of heaven and hell covers what time is one existing in now? Currently alive.

Yesterday, today, tomorrow, what separates these three events? <Rhetorical question.

I think heart emerges when you can have compassion for someone or some thing after getting beyond a kind of selfish attitude about it.  It's a stepping back and seeing that person from their own perspective instead of from your perspective.  Then you can kinda see why they do what they do.  You're not personally filtering them from your own perspective as to how they impact you.  When your heart emerges for that person, you can have compassion for the trials and troubles they face from their perspective.  This doesn't mean that you engage with them necessarily, but it takes how they impact your ego out of it.  Nobody wants to suffer.  And people are extremely reactive when they feel cornered.  That's when ego really ratchets up.  But when that ego dials down, I think that's where heart can emerge,  Sometimes you need distance and time away from that person to see that who they are is not personal to you.  Their ego is being triggered and they don't want to suffer.  If they knew better they would suffer less, but you can't fix other people.  People have to fix themselves and we're all on a unique path from our own perspective.  So there's an inverse correlation between ego flare up and heart, when one goes down the other goes up.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 1/23/2024 at 11:13 PM, Blessed2 said:

Anything come to mind?

I had a open heart surgery in 2015. Because of congestional heart failure. It was beginning of my path. The surgery has changed entirely my personality. In 2022 I have realize what enlightenment is. Heart gives the love, purpose of life and open the gate to nothingness.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."