Currently in a social setting and I noticed most of the time my contributions to the conversation aren't really acknowledged. 

Like I'll be telling a story to a group of guys and they'll just walk away or say hello to someone passing by. 

It's awkward lol. 

What the hells going on? 

♾️

Maybe because your stories are boring to them (or are boring, period), or maybe they don't understand what you're saying, or maybe the things you're saying aren't relevant to the ongoing conversation anymore at the moment you start saying it, maybe your jokes aren't that funny, etc.

One of these big PUA myths which I've busted for myself in my personal experience, is that you can say anything to anyone and still get a positive reaction, or you can get along with most people as long as you internalize some principles/feelings/mindsets or whatever, what I'm realizing is that a large ammount of social interactions are kinda just hit-or-miss, you can't really control how others respond to you at all, you can only guess. And it's usually the case that your stories/jokes will land much more with the people with whom you share interests/life circumstances/past experiences, than with some complete strangers, in other words you can hardly make a bread out of no flour. Also, what you say does matter.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I have another story that is downright outrageous about this ridiculously hilarious trip my friend experienced after taking 7 grams of mushrooms. Though he was fine the whole time, there were many neighbors, ambulances, police, a hospital, and even Bigfoot involved. 

Which story would you rather hear? 

The 7 gram one sounds fun. 

I get the point, fun stories. 

♾️

Awkward conversations?  You're not speaking the common person's language probably.  It took me a long time to be able to do this.  Guys are often attracted to the guy who is cocky, full of shite, and somewhat narcissistic, high self esteem, somewhat dismissive of social niceties, loud in volume, not too intellectual, social, and cracks stupid jokes that everyone gets a chuckle off of.  Think of a frat boy.  The Champ archetype.  The Champ gets a pass for being a jerk because he's the Champ.  Guys are attracted to this like flies to flypaper.  Look at Donald Trump.  He says a bunch of nonsense and all those people eat it up.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Awkward conversations?  You're not speaking the common person's language probably.  It took me a long time to be able to do this.  Guys are often attracted to the guy who is cocky, full of shite, and somewhat narcissistic, high self esteem, somewhat dismissive of social niceties, loud in volume, not too intellectual, social, and cracks stupid jokes that everyone gets a chuckle off of.  Think of a frat boy.  The Champ archetype.  The Champ gets a pass for being a jerk because he's the Champ.  Guys are attracted to this like flies to flypaper.  Look at Donald Trump.  He says a bunch of nonsense and all those people eat it up.

🤣 common people...frat boy...like Donald Trump...what?? 

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Just promise me you won't try to act like a Trumpian frat boy to avoid awkward conversations....that advice came straight out of left field.

That's not my personality anyway 😅

♾️