I just quited smoking

Alexander

9 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I feel scared of possible withdrawal.

They say get through 72 hours and that seems so long.I already quited once and I know I will experience hell and insanity.

Don't worry man, keep meditating each morning. The withdrawals will be felt, but that's fine too! 

♾️

6 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Wow you got clean on all addictions.That's my goal too.

Just relaxation and meditation do the trick. Not using substances wasn't an accomplishment for me, more of a byproduct of letting go of thoughts.

Substance use is fundamentally a learned method of avoiding feeling certain emotions. 

♾️

6 hours ago, Alexander said:

I relapsed but I will try to quit again.I've felt like shit.

Read Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking. It's literally an easy way. No need to use willpower to fight urges or suffer withdrawal. If you read it with good will and an open mind, you'll quit without any feeling of loss or deprivation.

You can probably find in pretty much any bookstore or online. Or even a pirated version for free by googling, but I'd say to buy it, because paying money for something you want has certain powerful strenght to it. And downloading pirated material is illegal.

The book helps you to remove the illusions which make it seem like quitting is hard and requires willpower.

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0615482155

There must be an effortless way.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

The emotions / guidance that was suppressed by the substance. 

In a case of a substance addiction... Maybe what's suppressed is the guidance felt of thoughts about the substance / addiction. Does that make sense?

"I smoke because I have trauma / I feel down because this and that, and smoking makes me feel better."

vs.

"I smoke because I believe smoking makes me feel better."

There must be an effortless way.

@Blessed2

It’s not like I’m disagreeing or saying that’s wrong.

It’s that guidance is for thoughts. 

There is no separate self. No one who smokes, etc. No one who’s addicted. 

There are experiential bodily considerations, momentum etc… yet no separate self ‘inside the body’. 

A case could be made that substances created by people are to suppress the truth of there being no people. 

Even with psychedelics, people-made substances contribute to suppression, bypassing, aversion, etc. 

Whereas mushrooms do not give ‘two’ fucks about such nonsense. 

This seems to be why when meditation & mico-dosing are suggested, people don’t listen, yet will believe people such as doctors, and take synthetic fabricated medications readily. People seem to simply believe (trust) other people without even noticing, most often, it’s in spite of the guidance / to suppress the guidance. But really ‘don’t listen’ just means momentarily. Every listens in the end, but then it’s too late to hear. 

‘I feel scared’, as compared to listening to the guidance of fear for example. 

“Try these free natural methods.”

”Fuck you spiritual woo woo neo-advaitan people”

”uh, ok” 

🤷‍♀️