Is there such a thing as a "total awakening"?

Blessed2

50 minutes ago, Adeptus Psychonautica said:

Our lives are a never ending journey with ever moving goalposts. If anyone thinks there is some happy end point where you just put your feet up and say "Yay I'm done!" then I would say you haven't been paying attention to your life so far.

The phrase "awakening" has become meaningless bollocks, deployed by wannabe guru's in an enlightenment arms race to validate how far along their imaginary path they are - its almost surreal comedy at the point. "Oh... you awakened to god consciousness? Wait until you awaken to God Awareness Consciousness Hyper Non-Awareness - that's the real awakening!"  

Yess I kind of agree! 🤔 This is why I went from "total awakening" to "peace and feeling complete".

We (or many of us) are looking to feel complete, feel alright and "done". So I, and perhaps others too, have been projecting that onto "awakening" and "realizations", rather than going directly to here and now as we are and addressing / healing what makes us feel incomplete.

You can put your feet up and say "yay I'm done!", but not due to some awakening or meeting a goal. Rather, by letting go beliefs about a goal.

There must be an effortless way.

@Blessed2 I think the sense of completeness, the feel alrightness - I think that comes from the journey, rather than any kind of conclusion, and that maintaining that sense of "I'm doing it, this means something" is to keep walking that never-ending path.

You can see this in most everyday experiences.

Young adults at university = focus, once they leave = lack of focus, who am I? What do I do?

Parents with young children = focus, once the kids are not quite as dependent on them = who am I now? I thought I was a parent? What do I do?

Middle aged person - I thought this house and car would bring me total satisfaction, but it hasn't. What shall I buy now to give my life meaning?

You just have to keep walking that path, changing everything about yourself along the way, in order to get a little bit closer to the over moving goalposts.

I actually think that once you get your head around the impermanent nature of the ongoing journey, then its a lot more fun than I have probably made it out to be  🙂

My YouTube channel - Adeptus Psychonautica

@Adeptus Psychonautica

7 hours ago, Forza21 said:

I really like and admire your work. After all this trips, you seem so grounded, and genuine nice person to interact with, not some super-hiper-ultra-enligtented-god-realization-mode-guy 😉 Thank you for that!

With all this experience,  do you think psychedelics give you viable knowledge of reality? Is it always the case, or is it easy to get deluded?

Ditto. 

I like your videos. I discovered them when Leo started going a bit off the deep end and wanted to see if it struck anyone else too. 

So I discovered you and also Mandy Ramsdell @Mandy video about Leo. I thought your Leo video was very fair and also kind. It's a bit strange

that Leo and his Org seem to take such offense to you and seem to see you as a troll . My take is that you're definitely arguing from a place of good faith. 

I don't seem to recall them answering your critique of Leo's claim to cure all diseases. Was that Leo bullshit? Delusional? I think that the Actualized forum just tries to ignore that part. 

I like your other videos too. 

"Is psychedelics the answer?" -- short Adeptus answer "No. There is no Answer." 

I've also copied your "Okayyyy" -- hope you don't mind. 

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” ― The Buddha

The basic test for whether you've reached "total awakening" -- if such a thing is possible -- is, are you striving for more, some higher experience or state?  If such a thing exists, then you would feel like you've "arrived" and don't need to "go" anywhere.  

Hypothetically you would have reached complete shadow integration -- in other words -- you would cease projecting fully.  Your psychic healing would be complete.

As far as leaving the body, I don't see why this is necessary.  You could stay in your body and serve mankind.  Leaving your body when you could be of help to others seems selfish.