About aging

Someone here

I noticed that my childhood was very much better than my current life nowadays . And even better than my teenage years . It's like an inverse curve . The more I grow up the more life kinda loses its spark and everything kinda becomes boring .. Repetitive and lame .

I'm happy these days but that's unusual. The more I age I lose interest in stuff . My sexual desire has decreased. Seeing a tits of a woman is like seeing a tits of a cow lol . It's difficult to become horny .My appetite for food has also decreased.  My passion for listening to my favourite singers has been decreasing . Even smoking (which is the single most enjoyable thing in my life ) Is boring . I'm bored of cigarettes so I tried vapes and pipe Cigars etc .

Why is this happening?  Why the more we age the less enjoyable life becomes? 

6 minutes ago, Mandy said:

That's not aging. Life gets better and better to the extent that you're willing to feel and be open to it. Maybe you want to move on from believing that happiness comes from objects and substances.

You are right.  I'm totally convinced that happiness is to be acquired and achieved.  Never resonated with "the kingdom of heaven is within you " kinda nonsense. 

There is some partial truth to that though in that no matter what you do you will be back to baseline and bored again . So you look within..but what I honestly find within is peace or tranquility. Not happiness or joy.and to me these are different. 

@Someone here

To untangle the underlying belief, question why, when, how the belief happiness is in a future, acquirable, achievable, first started. 

Question who these beliefs are about. Question whose beliefs these really are.

Who is present for which there is a future. The ‘acquirer’, ‘achiever’, in ‘time’, which ‘ages’. 

Contemplate why it’s not possible to create happiness. Who is bored, and who has a baseline, and is this known to be absolutely true, or simply believed?

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

question why, when, how the belief happiness is in a future, acquirable, achievable, first started. 

I don't know about the why's and the how's.  But I know the when's.  Basically as soon as I finished high school I started forgetting my innocence and my childhood in school . 

the longer we live..the more we've seen .so the less new things there are. Yes...there will always be new things..but the amount of new things you do is gonna be less no matter what. So my argument boils down to: "less novelty leads to boredom".

Correct or not? I hope not...

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Question who these beliefs are about. Who is present for which there is a future. The ‘acquirer’, ‘achiever’, in ‘time’, which ‘ages’. 

I.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Contemplate why it’s not possible to create happiness.

It's possible. Go shoot some heroin 

@Someone here

Were you remembering your innocence and then started to forget, or where you not remembering your innocence and started to believe you are an aging body?

How do you know thoughts about what might unfold are true, without any direct experience of what might unfold?

How is it absolutely known that the emotion of boredom is felt in accordance with the thoughts being true, as opposed to boredom is how these thoughts feel?

If, as you shared, you don’t know the why’s & the how’s, how can it be true that you know heroin, or any drugs, including psychedelics while we’re at it, create happiness?

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Were you remembering your innocence and then started to forget, or where you not remembering your innocence and started to believe you are an aging body?

Obviously even any child that is 5 years old starts recognizing that he has a body . And he gets taller exponentially in this early age to the point he grows too much when he becomes 10 yo. So obviously it's not a belief that the body is aging . If you deny that the body is aging you are being way too pedantic and intellectually dishonest. 

Now..whether or not "I am "an aging body is not settled.  There is the background of eternal awareness that doesn't change.  So maybe I'm that . But then again I'm EVERYTHING. So I'm the aging body as well.

How do you know thoughts about what might unfold are true, without any direct experience of what might unfold?

I don't.  The universe might disappear into a void of nothingness just the next second and there is nothing stopping this from happening.  Kinda creepy..I must say.

How is it absolutely known that the emotion of boredom is felt in accordance with the thoughts being true, as opposed to boredom is how these thoughts feel?

Boredom is a thought or emotion? 

If, as you shared, you don’t know the why’s & the how’s, how can it be true that you know heroin, or any drugs, including psychedelics while we’re at it, create happiness?

Because I have frame of references.  Did you ever smoke a joint before ? If Even something as little as a cigarette or a weed joint or a orgasm can produce good mood ..then obviously hardocre drugs take you into a whole new world of happiness. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Obviously even any child that is 5 years old starts recognizing that he has a body . And he gets taller exponentially in this early age to the point he grows too much when he becomes 10 yo. So obviously it's not a belief that the body is aging . If you deny that the body is aging you are being way too pedantic and intellectually dishonest. 

Now..whether or not "I am "an aging body is not settled.  There is the background of eternal awareness that doesn't change.  So maybe I'm that . But then again I'm EVERYTHING. So I'm the aging body as well.

Does that resonate with the childlike innocence sought?

(Given ‘he has a body’) If that body’s yours, which body does awareness have? Just that one? All of em? None?

I don't.  The universe might disappear into a void of nothingness just the next second and there is nothing stopping this from happening.  Kinda creepy..I must say.

the longer we live..the more we've seen .so the less new things there are. Yes...there will always be new things..but the amount of new things you do is gonna be less no matter what. So my argument boils down to: "less novelty leads to boredom".

(Given I don’t) Then what is “the amount of new things you do is gonna be less no matter what”?

What guidance is felt in accordance with this thought / perspective / outlook?

Boredom is a thought or emotion? 

In the context of “less novelty leads to boredom”, boredom is a present thought, about an emotion being in a future.

Boredom as an emotion, is either felt now or not. 

Doing a little dot connecting… sometimes when boredom isn’t acknowledged as emotion, and therein as guidance, pessimism isn’t either, 

Because I have frame of references.  Did you ever smoke a joint before ? If Even something as little as a cigarette or a weed joint or a orgasm can produce good mood ..then obviously hardocre drugs take you into a whole new world of happiness. 

Questioning & inspecting direct experience (in comparison to if’s) reveals certainty. 

Is happiness in present frame of reference?

Precisely where? Point to it. 

It’s easy to ‘write off’ anything said which seems confronting to beliefs as semantic, pedantic, etc.

Is ‘into a whole new world’ a thought or based on present direct experience (in the sense, anything more than the thought directly experienced)?  

There are ‘whole new worlds of Happiness’, but yet happiness comes from finite things via causation?

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

I'm totally convinced that happiness is to be acquired and achieved.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

To untangle the underlying belief, question why, when, how the belief happiness is in a future, acquirable, achievable, first started.

Could also question… had you not been convinced of this, would there even be an experience of boredom and pessimism?

Would there even be that belief to be untangled?

What if instead of being convinced, the guidance was acknowledged?

Never too late to start, being now & all. 

Maybe “intellectual” is dishonesty, convincing as ‘it’ may seem. 

Yep, it's just a phase, ups and downs, you're in what is the hardest period of life for most. Try to go easier on yourself, don't juggle anything you don't need to, dating doesn't need to be priority, getting rich, being great at anything, don't put so much pressure on yourself.

Edited by Devin

From my point of view as a man, the best kind of life is when you have the freedom, energy and health to do whatever you want and can obtain whatever you desire (I mean trully, authentically want and desire), especially the freedom part though. That's what made childhood so special, cause everything was seemingly so new and unexplored. As a child you imagine your future life to be something special, then ussually what happens is that the enviroment, society, parents, classmates, friends etc. beats it out of you and indoctrinates you with their view of the world, which tends to be more pesimistic and may or may not be correct at times.

You can definitely push your life into that direction, which makes you feel similiarly to your childhood period or even better. But you won't get there smoking cigarettes nor you'll get there by thinking inside the box and going sheepishly along with society, you also won't get there without effort or strategic planning, or luck. And many other things.