21 hours ago, Mandy said:

You're the illumination, not the stuff. What you believe you are and about yourself will get reflected back to you. Mirrors seem to be illuminating but they aren't the source of the light. That's why it's not worth any worry, concern or fear. 

So you're saying the stuff that happens out there is out of my control but I can control the way I observe and interpret it?

I've dealt with this issue and still deal with it.  Peace of Mind is my #4 out of my top 10 values.  First off, I try to be as prepared as possible so I'm one chess move ahead of everyone else.  Secondly, if someone starts with the freaking out, I tell them to stop and try to center the conversation on what we can do in that moment to fix what the problem is.  If you're the one out of control it's hard to tell everyone to straighten up and fly right though.  But if you are the one with your head screwed on tight and in control and someone else is freaking out you can let them know that kind of anxious, neurotic shit just creates suffering and you don't like it.  Also, if you're kind of mad at someone or stressed at someone it's best to stay away from that person including communicating with them until you feel better about the relationship.  It's amazing how much suffering happens when 2 people are annoyed at each other and giving each other sub-conscious daggers.  This is all human relation stuff and normal.  But you decide how anyone relates to you, that's a boundary you can establish and enforce.  No job is worth acute mental suffering.  I won't do that if I can help it.  Often people get stressed and just start getting overly aggressive or paranoid or whatever, and you gotta let them know that isn't the ideal way to proceed with solving the problem, as far as you're concerned.  Don't let people dump their emotional garbage on you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor