I struggle to function in life because I believe don't know anything

Someone here

I realized that I've spent the last few years of my short life ( 26years of age currently, 27 in August) sitting locked up in my room on the PC and playing video games whenever I have free time. I think that if I just left the house more I'd have a better sense of reality.

I've noticed that in conversations I really never have anything to say..and I believe the reason is because I just don't really know anything except what I see. The only thing I believe I can get CLOSE to fluently talking about...is other people.. but ..that's not gonna get me anywhere.

I don't know anything about culture..life.. how to do certain things..I don't know social etiquette..and finally and most importantly I don't know anything existentially.  The only thing I know is that reality is a huge mindfucking mystery that will never be resolved.

Yeah it sucks.lol I think I spend so much time stuck in my own head that I only understand things that I come up with or say.

But the good news is that I want to learn and I'm optimistic.  I'm curious as to what you guys have to say in regards to my situation.

Any help is appreciated ..thank you in advance 😊 

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

Do you hold a belief that you need to know / be certain about existential questions in order to feel safe and happy?

It's not about safety or happiness. 

Life is a difficult bitch ..you can’t know anything without leaving room for what you don't know . So the knowledge and expertise required from you is infinite .and you are apparently a finite being .that renders all your effort in life meaningless. 

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It's not about safety or happiness. 

All the nervous system does is seek safety & love. 

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Life is a difficult bitch

The context, life, is entirely focused on seeking safety. 

Knowing is conditioning. 
Allow the space for intuition & feeling. 

Take care of the nervous system.

A lot of my childhood was spent playing video games, this was due to trauma, & not understanding how to regulate the nervous system to release it. 

What arises when you say to yourself:

”I can connect with them”

(You can make it more specific by choosing a person you know,

Or you can just make it general, as in, I can connect with people.) 

Sit with it for a bit, see what feelings come up and express. 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

4 minutes ago, Loop said:

All the nervous system does is seek safety & love. 

The context, life, is entirely focused on seeking safety. 

Knowing is conditioning. 
Allow the space for intuition & feeling. 

Take care of the nervous system.

A lot of my childhood was spent playing video games, this was due to trauma, & not understanding how to regulate the nervous system to release it. 

What arises when you say to yourself:

”I can connect with them”

(You can make it more specific by choosing a person you know,

Or you can just make it general, as in, I can connect with people.) 

Sit with it for a bit, see what feelings come up and express. 

Yes of course I seek safety..happiness..joy ..love ..sex ..drugs..candy  etc...but .......you know that life is nor all sugary pink unicorns and butterflies?  Pain is inseparable part of life .and anyone denying this is simply being dishonest with his direct experience. 

I like what you said that I should seek feeling not knowing ..could you elaborate on this please 🙏?  And  how can I function without knowing?  How can I do my work if I don't know how to do it ? How can I study and pass exams if I don't know how to study ?

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

And  how can I function without knowing?  How can I do my work if I don't know how to do it ? How can I study and pass exams if I don't know how to study ?

There already isn’t knowing, there are just thoughts that you have something, or could get something. “It is not enough to/ It is too much to not-know.” There is something running like that probably.

Simply put, Intuition, which is your apparent personal connection to Source’s Guidance.  

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

I can’t stress emptying the cup enough. It’s been filled with garbage to the point what would otherwise be offered here is already deemed as dishonesty and so there’s really no point. You’ve been convinced, brainwashed, duped, mislead brilliantly & most fundementally in a very backwards to actual way in regard to beliefs, knowing, understanding and essentially identity. I can only imagine how rough it is to untangle for some actual clarity. Feel for ya brother. Wish you would’ve jumped on that call. Maybe the next one. Or just hmu whenever really! 

On 9/10/2023 at 8:47 AM, Someone here said:

I realized that I've spent the last few years of my short life ( 26years of age currently, 27 in August) sitting locked up in my room on the PC and playing video games whenever I have free time.

The you in time of thoughts isn’t a realization it’s a believing of thoughts, and therein mistaken / misplaced identity, and that is why it feels discordant. Not because it’s the least bit true. Feels discordant because it’s about you and is not at all true. 

You are already, and always, free. 

Thoughts can be noticed as - thoughts. 

Write what’s wanted on the dreamboard, and then forget it. Allow it to happen, to unfold. It will. Get out of your own way by letting discordant thoughts about it go.

The point of ‘life is suffering’ isn’t to suffer, it’s to inspect the concept “life”… to find out what “life” actually is. ‘It’ is not the thought or concept presently believed. 

I think that if I just left the house more I'd have a better sense of reality.

You are reality. The one who could have a better sense of reality is thoughts about a second self, separate of reality, which could have a better sense of  “reality”. Which could know about, reality. Which could understand stuff about, reality. That self doesn’t exist. Thoughts about that self, knowing, understanding, etc exist, as in appear. This is in accordance with direct experience, isn’t it so?

You are reality, and these are thoughts you’re appearing as. 

Aim them in the direction of wanted, what resonates. The alignment as the creator resonates. The seed will grow. 

Thoughts of lack, as in lacking some ‘sense’ of reality don’t resonate and are on behalf of the sep self. 

I've noticed that in conversations I really never have anything to say..and I believe the reason is because I just don't really know anything except what I see.

Full stop. 180. 

You’re aware of thoughts, perception and sensation. 

You do not know what you see. 

Thoughts don’t define perception. 

Perhaps that line has been blurred in some way, but this can be noticed now. Matter of fact… only now, and never not now. There is no separate self becoming anything. This is not a rehearsal for something later. 

It is what you believe, and believe to be known, which ‘gets in the way’. Not what you don’t know. Not knowing is pure freedom from… the facade, illusion of, “knowing”.

You have so much within you yet to be said and shared that it’s literally immeasurable! 

The only thing I believe I can get CLOSE to fluently talking about...is other people.. but ..that's not gonna get me anywhere.

It might. Lots of people make money solely by talking about other people. This actually seems to be the majority of television and youtube etc. 

That me which gets somewhere is again, a thought. The ego. The separate self of thoughts.

You never move or go anywhere. All is the appearance of you. God moves by not moving at all. 

Focus on what you actually want to experience. 

You are already creating. Is it consciously? Is it even what you want? Is focus on wanted?

Or shortage, lack, etc.

I don't know anything about culture..life.. how to do certain things..I don't know social etiquette..and finally and most importantly I don't know anything existentially. 

The a prior, the already assumed, the already believed to be known is being overlooked. You have zero knowing that there is “life”. 

This is why the Buddha, which means Enlightened One, which is literally already you - this is why you say ‘life is suffering’. 

The idea, connotation, interpretation - belief “life”… is discordant. It’s impossible for it not to be, just as discord would be felt while basing thoughts on there being unicorns. Life is as real as unicorns - it’s a concept… to be inspected, dispelled, discarded for the real - nonduality. 🤍

The only thing I know is that reality is a huge mindfucking mystery that will never be resolved.

While the approach is with thought, yes, totally. Perfectly accurate. 

But there is resonation. There is discord & alignment felt with thoughts leading Home and to creating everything wanted. The key is listening to ‘it’, not thoughts as true, but how they feel and why.

And there is that which thoughts are and aren’t resonating with, and ‘that’ Is the Resolve. 

Is that the orientation though? Is aversion acknowledged yet? Suffering…? 

Yeah it sucks.lol I think I spend so much time stuck in my own head that I only understand things that I come up with or say.

Thoughts arise. A self in time. An understander which understands some other thing.

Another such thought is there is a self which is stuck in its own head. 

Notice these are thoughts by noticing these are not in perception. 

You’re aware of thoughts, perception and sensation. 

It’s that simple.

The rest is ideology, marketing for sales. Personal ideas & personal issues being worked out. (All concepts, thoughts without corresponding perception, like unicorn). 

What’s ‘coming up’ in these situations is emotions. It is not yet seen how ‘you’ feel is actually how thoughts feel. It’s believed how ‘you’ feel is because of “life”… and again, that which is believed to be asserting upon you - “life” - hasn’t even been questioned. All assumed. 

But the good news is that I want to learn and I'm optimistic.  I'm curious as to what you guys have to say in regards to my situation.

People who are brainwashed by cult ideology don’t realize they are and emphatically deny it. As you will right now reading this. What’s being said will be projected onto a “Phil”, just as is “life”. But there is great love here for you. Infinite, unconditional, love. 

An actual conversation like through Zoom would be ideal, but if you have any questions and or want specific example & evidences to help with clarity and feeling amazing, just let me know. 

On 9/10/2023 at 7:47 AM, Someone here said:

I realized that I've spent the last few years of my short life ( 26years of age currently, 27 in August) sitting locked up in my room on the PC and playing video games whenever I have free time. I think that if I just left the house more I'd have a better sense of reality.

I've noticed that in conversations I really never have anything to say..and I believe the reason is because I just don't really know anything except what I see. The only thing I believe I can get CLOSE to fluently talking about...is other people.. but ..that's not gonna get me anywhere.

I don't know anything about culture..life.. how to do certain things..I don't know social etiquette..and finally and most importantly I don't know anything existentially.  The only thing I know is that reality is a huge mindfucking mystery that will never be resolved.

Ok Socrates 😀

Find a balance between ego and spirituality/philosophy.   They can coexist with a delicate hand.  You can pursue your selfish dreams while still maintaining  deeper and more conscious views.   Simply be aware that you do what you do to help the ego find some degree of happiness in the material world but that true happiness is within.   Thus, you can know things- relative things.  Strike a balance between the Absolute and the relative and you can lead a happy life in general and live to a ripe old age.

Edited by Robed Mystic

16 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

Ok Socrates 😀

Find a balance between ego and spirituality/philosophy.   They can coexist with a delicate hand.  You can pursue your selfish dreams while still maintaining  deeper and more conscious views.

What do you think the ego is? What do you think spirituality is?

Isn't ego suffering?

And isn't spirituality simply put the search to end suffering?

How can these coexist?

Isn't ego illusion, falsehood?

And isn't spirit in spirituality truth?

How can illusion and truth coexist?

How can it even be said that illusion exists?

You think ego is desire and spirituality is choosing knowing over happiness?

There must be an effortless way.

On 9/20/2023 at 9:54 AM, Blessed2 said:

What do you think the ego is? What do you think spirituality is?

This isn't beginner philosophy class - so I expect you to know what these are.  If you don't,  private message me and I can explain it to you 

Isn't ego suffering?

No, suffering is suffering.

And isn't spirituality simply put the search to end suffering?

No, this is something you have labeled spirituality as.

How can these coexist?

With a little trial and effort.

Isn't ego illusion, falsehood?

If reality was an illusion, why couldn't it be embraced as reality still?  Perhaps what's behind the curtain is meant to be behind the curtain?

How can it even be said that illusion exists?

You think ego is desire and spirituality is choosing knowing over happiness?

What doesn't exist?  No I believe ego is desire and spirituality is choosing happiness over knowing.

Edited by Robed Mystic

25 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

No, this is something you have labeled spirituality as.

25 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

This isn't beginner philosophy class - so I expect you to know what these are.  If you don't,  private message me and I can explain it to you 

Isn't anything you would explain to me in DMs just something you would label "spirituality" or "ego" as?

There must be an effortless way.