I have a question for Americans here.

How does welfare work in the US?

Like if you just lose your job and can't find a new one or aren't able to have a job for whatever reason (like depression etc.) is there a safety net?

Does the state offer any help in paying the rent and/or other living expenses?

Just curious to hear.

There must be an effortless way.

36 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I have a question for Americans here.

How does welfare work in the US?

Like if you just lose your job and can't find a new one or aren't able to have a job for whatever reason (like depression etc.) is there a safety net?

Does the state offer any help in paying the rent and/or other living expenses?

Just curious to hear.

I'm living through it almost lol. 

You can file for unemployment and get paid differently depending on the state (over here it's 270 a week). 

And as you get paid you have to prove to the government that you're actively seeking a job each week and they will keep paying you. 

They also work to connect you with employment agencies to help you get hired. 

There's also many job hiring agencies in general that will work for you to find you a job. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture