Deleting Social Media

What are your thoughts on this? 

Social media feels like sensory overload, it sounds nice on paper to have a app that shows you hundreds of people who have it all figured out all at once but in reality it feels draining and crappy. 

I notice the newer generations have issues with this. I notice the older generations aren't as deep into Social media save for a few Facebook posts lol. 

♾️

I love social media, I use it for business, community, friends and family. Taking breaks is valuable though. If your mindlessly scrolling instead of using it as a tool, lack of intention might be the issue, not the social media. I think if you want to do well in real estate or almost any business social media is a powerful tool for those who are self employed. 

Youtube Channel  

9 hours ago, Orb said:

@Devin @Mandy I find there's two types of people on social media, those who contribute and those who consume. I want to contribute more!

You have to consume to contribute but again, it's intentional or aligned. See what other people in your field are doing that you like, see what other people not in your field are doing that inspires and do something that's your own. The algorithm makes more what you give attention to. How can you give value to your customer? Do a little of it and them you can even outright ask them. Instead of randomly making designs I post pictures of new designs, ask for feedback and requests. I balance what feedback I get with my own inspiration. It's easier, more fun and more profitable than simply creating without any consumption. But if all you do is scroll randomly, and you have nothing on your dreamboard that you've identified that sticks out at you, that's not that fun of a time. Or if you're too self judgmental to contribute and not working through that it's also not a great time. 

Youtube Channel  

“It” doesn’t feel ‘draining & crappy’. What’s felt is the interpretation; people who have “it” all figured out… and… draining and crappy. 

Noticing projection of discord felt of interpretations is noticing the “black & white thinking”.

This is the ‘rollercoaster’ longed to get off, and therein the equanimity sought. 

12 hours ago, Mandy said:

Show me in a YouTube short what's amazing about your area. Why should I buy a house there? What should I know first? 

Idk lol, there's so much stuff to learn in this business. Plus the video has to be perfect, I can't just make a video in my room explaining all that stuff. 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

“It” doesn’t feel ‘draining & crappy’. What’s felt is the interpretation; people who have “it” all figured out… and… draining and crappy. 

Noticing projection of discord felt of interpretations is noticing the “black & white thinking”.

This is the ‘rollercoaster’ longed to get off, and therein the equanimity sought. 

Arg its always thoughts.

♾️

49 minutes ago, Mandy said:

It doesn't have to be perfect, if you want a pretty background just go somewhere that's pretty. 

True!! Simplicity is best that's my niche

28 minutes ago, Phil said:

Don’t like how they feel?

Change em. 

Perfect. 

True, but it's also important to listen to the food we ingest. That messes with vibration. I'm gonna drink green tea tomorrow and see if I feel less stressed out.

♾️