Its stated here by many that states do not exist, or that they are a belief. 

But i have countless examples of what to me i would best describe as a state change, where you show up differently and reality also plays out differently. 

Recently in sex, i noticed when i change my state (or feeling) to something i would describe as more dominant/sexual, only "inside", she responded immediately and sex became different relative to that feeling. 

But its not a feeling on the scale for example, feels more like creating some "state".

I also hear many athletes talking about this. That its about finding the right "state", and then letting it "play out".

Also Peter ralston talks about this when talking about his Martial Art. That it was a lot about finding the right feeling state before. 

Is this different from emotion or what is going on?

State: noun the particular condition that someone or something is in at a specific time.

Condition the state of something with regard to its appearance, quality, or working order.

"the wiring is in good condition"

the circumstances affecting the way in which people live or work, especially with regard to their safety or well-being.

Unpacking beliefs.

Me. Separate self. Separate things, object. I am an object. 

I (separate object) exist within time. 

I (separate object) am conditional. 

Circumstances from outside that I/separate object have no control over affect or assert themselves upon me/separate object. 

Youtube Channel  

There aren’t states, but I might call the interplay of energy in a certain way to be a state, it is really seamless flow. 

The inner energies are always ebbing and flowing. There isn’t anything you could specifically pin down and say it is a state. 

🌊 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

@WhiteOwl the word state can be used in different ways but i would say that there are indeed states. But whats often shared here imo is that the true nature isnt a state, and no one is actually IN a state. 

Another way of saying it is there is Sensation (which is the same as just This moment), then sensation appears in different textures (taste, touch, colors, feelings, literally anything felt/perceived/thought etc.). 

The textures are transient, precisely because they are a reflection of the eternal nature of sensation, this isn't a paradox, it's perfection. 

So when the word states is used I'm referring to the different textures. For example I love coffee, when I drink it there is certainly an experience of heightened focus and cognition, but there's no attachment to that state, there's no fear of that state either. 

When I go for a bike ride there is certainly a heightened heart rate and exhilarated feeling, but there's no attachment to that state. Because the true nature appears as all states/textures/feelings, but isn't bound in any of them. 

A fun "practice" is non reaction or non resistance no matter what textures are experienced. If there's bliss or pleasure don't react to it. If there's pain or discomfort don't react to it. And if there's reactivity it's perfectly fine just take the 1st step again and again like @Phil said in one of the videos 🙂

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

(Thought responded to by feeling.) "I'm depressed."

Feeling: "THAT THOUGHT FEELS BAD.". 

Thought: "Yes, of course, it's because I'm depressed."

Feeling "THAT THOUGHT FEELS BAD. PICK A BETTER FEELING THOUGHT."

Thought. "I can't, because I'm depressed." 

Feeling will never go #$%^& 🤦‍♀️ and give up because feeling is ultimate unconditional patience itself, so the standoff will continue as long as thought holds out. You can't hold out longer than feeling guidance, because it's not beholden to time. Because there's no separate object you to hold out against itself. 

Youtube Channel  

1 minute ago, Orb said:

So when the word states is used I'm referring to the different textures. For example I love coffee, when I drink it there is certainly an experience of heightened focus and cognition, but there's no attachment to that state, there's no fear of that state either. 

When I go for a bike ride there is certainly a heightened heart rate and exhilarated feeling, but there's no attachment to that state. Because the true nature appears as all states/textures/feelings, but isn't bound in any of them. 

To challenge that, when you drink coffee or go for a bike ride you have NO IDEA what will happen. It's amazing that we can have positive associations with things, but to expect a positive outcome is already alignment, and will likely result in the perpetuation of that momentum, in more positive thoughts and associations. To attribute it to the substance or activity is a step too far.  

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

To challenge that, when you drink coffee or go for a bike ride you have NO IDEA what will happen. It's amazing that we can have positive associations with things, but to expect a positive outcome is already alignment, and will likely result in the perpetuation of that momentum, in more positive thoughts and associations. To attribute it to the substance or activity is a step too far.  

The thing is there's no experience of positive thoughts when I drink coffee or workout, it can certainly feel great. But there isn't any specific momentum of thought. 

There's just equanimity.

Edited by Orb
Simplifying the communication.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

@Mandy also to add, experience does feel good regardless of thoughts, like sex for example. 

@Mandy Who's Madonna? 

@Mandy ive heard madonna before i was just being silly but its hard to tell through typed out words lol, the sarcasm cant be detected as easily 🙂😅

@Orb Gotcha. 🙂

If I believe certain things cause good feeling and certain things cause bad feeling, does it make sense that I would be forever going back and forth trying to counter and chase, like the trap of someone taking uppers and downers, like the little old lady who swallowed the fly, trying to take another action to resolve assumed past action like a pendulum swinging back and forth? Could the belief that "sex feels good, it puts me in a good state" while seeming to be memory or common sense, be a completely UNFOUNDED BELIEF that leads to stuff like this for believed separate self? Bad feeling thing resolved by good feeling thing is the assumption, but "thing" isn't questioned? 

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy from what your referencing, which is one of my posts on the sexual dysfunction: its not an attempt to solve one bad feeling things with something that feels better, its actually no longer doing anything. The dysfunction arises out of reactivity or aversion, what im "asking" for isnt to feel good, what's asked for is for that reactivity to fade away. 

Also, preference is okay and natural, there can be certain activities or foods you don't eat because it isn't preferred or it feels uncomfortable. 

@Mandy also its really really simple. I'm talking about the raw feelings of pleasure and pain, that's all. Some sensations are pleasurable like an orgasm it has nothing to do with thought. Some sensations are painful. Thats it. 

The "Good Feeling" often talked about here isnt actually a feeling, but what is appearing as This. I actually find it can be misleading imo because then people assume it means infinite pleasure, which is actually impossible. The "Good feeling" is this moment already. 

Edited by Orb

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Mandy also its really really simple. I'm talking about the raw feelings of pleasure and pain, that's all. Some sensations are pleasurable like an orgasm it has nothing to do with thought. Some sensations are painful. Thats it. 

The sneakery is in that the thought falling down the steps is not falling down the steps. You don't have to practice BDSM to practice BDSM. 

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

I actually find it can be misleading imo because then people assume it means infinite pleasure, which is actually impossible. The "Good feeling" is this moment already. 

Now is forever. 

Youtube Channel  

8 minutes ago, Mandy said:

The sneakery is in that the thought falling down the steps is not falling down the steps. You don't have to practice BDSM to practice BDSM. 

What do you mean? 🤔

@Orb You've never fallen down the steps, you have no idea what that feels like, you've never had sex, you have no idea what it feels like, you've never folded laundry and have no idea what that feels like. All you have are thoughts about it. When I think I don't like something that puts into place resistance, which creates a layer between me and it, or rather me and myself. Phil said in the alien nonduality talk that law of attraction is you BEING it. You are BEING it, the stairs, the girl, the laundry. Your ability to focus, the regard for feeling guidance and willingness to turn towards what's wanted, ie preference, does not mean that things outside you can assert themselves on you, that they have the power to MAKE you feel any certain way. Like gravity, it's appearance, it's not actual. 

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy so if you burn your hand does it hurt or no?