The Ego

Orb

I went for a walk today after feeling like shit and the Ego showed itself completely for what it is. 

It literally started talking to me and actually realized it has always been controlling me, I stayed silent and allowed it to express itself. 

Then it started trying to distract me by using personal thoughts and evoking feelings in this body to get me lost in a thought story but I ignored it, then it started trying to negotiate with me, trying to rationalize why I need it. Then presence was unveiled a little bit and it was like "No, don't look there, don't go there" then I ignored it and presence flooded in even more to the point where sensation reached X-ray levels of depth and it started begging me to not "go there" and then a flood of fear came up and out of the body and tears came out of the eyes.

It has convinced me that its me the entire time. 

The Ego is such a fascinating creation, it's a byproduct of language. 

It is ancient, it's existed within the language of mankind, sneaking through it, hypnotizing us all while making us believe it is us. 

For all of us and I mean every single one of us the ego is exactly the same, but it plays with the unique conditionings we all have and only seems to be unique. 

It is the master of deception. 

Seeing this has been very illuminating, its actually simplified the path: I don't have to listen to the ego anymore. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

1 hour ago, Forza21 said:

But who is this "me" that "saw" this "ego" ?

No one saw it or is hearing it in all honesty, it's just difficult to communicate it without using self referential language, otherwise it would sound like gibberish lol. In fact as the ego speaks to "me" it is very clear I am not the thoughts.

1 hour ago, Forza21 said:

isn't getting rid of ego another ingenious ego trick?

isn't "seeing through ego" another ingenious ego trick?

Getting rid of the ego is an ego trick, which is why I didn't suggest that in op. 

And no, on the path as the sensory/vibratory "world" clarifies (the 5 senses so to speak) so too does thought which includes ego. 

The ego is a powerful thought mechanism designed to put all your attention on it. That's the number 1 "goal" of the ego or separate self thoughts. 

You ever notice a moment where you're meditating and presence is flooding in, but then a sneaky thought comes up, takes your attention, and then the allowing of presence is postponed? That's ego. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

@Forza21 another important point is that the ego is not generated from within but from "outside". 

the ego is a belief system, a very subtle one at that, and it was implanted into us in childhood. 

Any self limiting thoughts that arise, like "I can't do it, I'm a loser, I'm gonna give up" is really the ego saying "you can't do it, you're a loser, you're gonna give up." . 

The ego is genius because it uses self referential thought to get your attention because the word "I" feels more personal than "You".

The ego is the "original sin".

40 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Strong ego is needed opposite of what you say.Realistic strong minded ,self control self confidence etc.

If you questioned this would fear come up?

Ego is synonymous with separate self of thoughts, individual, finite, form. There’s an appearing experience of thoughts, yet not of a separate thing (ego, separate self, individual, finite, form), the thoughts are about. The one who needs a strong ego, is ego. (There’s no you, - this is the Good news). Thoughts about a separate self which needs, do to all the separate things, is the overlooking of thoughts about separation. Ego of course always needs ego (conceptual), otherwise emotions (non-conceptual) would be felt & that is the beginning of the end of an illusion. The punchline is ‘they’ already are, have been all along, and an illusion is illusory / isn’t actually happening already. 

Ego isn’t the master of deception. Ego is illusory. Ego = deception, deception = ego. ‘Neither’ is actually happening. Deception is a concept, not actual, and conceptualizing is aversion (of emotions, of feeling, of Self). Thoughts are readily experienced as, thoughts… such as, ‘deception’. There is no actual deception happening. When the concept of deception is believed, there isn’t anyone believing it, and nothing’s happening. 

Deception: The act of deceiving someone. A thing that deceives. 

2 hours ago, Orb said:

No one saw it or is hearing it in all honesty, it's just difficult to communicate it without using self referential language, otherwise it would sound like gibberish lol. In fact as the ego speaks to "me" it is very clear I am not the thoughts.

Getting rid of the ego is an ego trick, which is why I didn't suggest that in op. 

And no, on the path as the sensory/vibratory "world" clarifies (the 5 senses so to speak) so too does thought which includes ego. 

The ego is a powerful thought mechanism designed to put all your attention on it. That's the number 1 "goal" of the ego or separate self thoughts. 

You ever notice a moment where you're meditating and presence is flooding in, but then a sneaky thought comes up, takes your attention, and then the allowing of presence is postponed? That's ego. 

Yes, seems legit. Just wanted to make sure you are not falling into trap of destroying ego. Its ego that wants to destroy ego and its biggest ego trip ever. 😂

IME the most practical way to describe / contemplate on the ego may be:

Ego = that which cannot accept the Truth, because 'it would be too good to be true'.

The Truth / Good News = you don't need to give up anything, happiness is truth. There is no requirement. You are innocent. Nothing is happening to no-one.

The Good News: Imagine the perfectly happy truth of reality and yourself. The Truth is even better than that. 😂

And even better.

For some reason I feel like sharing this:

I don't care about your petty human bullshit.

Nonduality is a wave in a cesspool made by scurrying rats.

Do not corrupt my forum with your rat-waves.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

IME the most practical way to describe / contemplate on the ego may be:

Ego = that which cannot accept the Truth, because 'it would be too good to be true'.

The Truth / Good News = you don't need to give up anything, happiness is truth. There is no requirement. You are innocent. Nothing is happening to no-one.

The Good News: Imagine the perfectly happy truth of reality and yourself. The Truth is even better than that. 😂

Yes, the ego tries to get our attention at all times in order to veil the truth. 

But, there are dysfunctional behaviors in this experience, this is undeniable. I would rather face these issues now than to pretend like they aren't here.