28 minutes ago, Rose said:

But why would this bring clarity? What is the logic behind this? 

Basically, it's the opposite of emotional aversion and suppression. Aversion and suppression is continuing to hold on a thought / belief, even when your deepest wisdom (emotion) is saying "this thought/belief/interpretation is not quite right".

When you keep repeating that thought (mindfully, tasting the meaning of every word) there will be like a "zoom out", a bigger picture sight. Think of watching a movie your nose two inches from the TV screen. You don't see anything really. It's all blurry and confusing, overwhelming. Then you take a few steps back, sit on your couch and see the full picture. You will see that the suffering is indeed due to discordant thoughts. And they will be naturally, effortlessly let go.

It might right now seem "hard" or "not working" with this insecurity you mention. If so, I'd try it again later if/when you experience something like disappointment, irritation, pessimism or boredom. I also recommend trying it late in bed, right as you're going to sleep and as you're falling asleep.

It might also be more helpful to go with the first one, ("this is indeed what I'm experiencing"). Try using that exact wording. It works for me for whatever reason.

There must be an effortless way.

@Blessed2 yes, I think I understand. Allow myself to feel the emotion to get over it.

Kind of like when going through the breakup you allow yourself to be sad and grieve to get over it. Hm, didn’t realize it works with other emotions too 😳

Plus I am not sure how insecurity is supposed to be felt exactly. With sadness, anger, etc., it’s easy to feel those emotions. But insecurity… I really don’t know…

Edited by Rose