Why is Self-Love so Rare?

Orb

We all know about self love, but I don't see it operating in most people's lives. 

Why is it hard to love yourself?

I want to love myself and support myself, but who am I to do that? I don't have magic powers or some universal authority to know I am worthy of love.

♾️

3 hours ago, Orb said:

We all know about self love, but I don't see it operating in most people's lives. 

I want to love myself and support myself, but who am I to do that? I don't have magic powers or some universal authority to know I am worthy of love.

In this order:

1. Environment
  2. Social
  3. Bodily awareness
  4. Emotional awareness
  5. Cognitive awareness

Environment (encompassing all 5 in this particular response): In our early ancestry times were tough, cause and effect implies competition, aka competition between something being soft or hard, fast or slow, dangerous or not, so on and so fourth. This competition means that this cause and effect is going to exist with our states, meaning love is going to be competing with every state that is not love and towards the negative. Environment is what made us, self-love can exist without the cognitive awareness of its absence and how to get it as in it can become conditioned in someone without any thought at all say due to being brought up in a more stable environment including within the body. If one wants to move from low self-love to the highest self love then awareness is the most important in order to be able to understand what to do, followed by the bodily awareness that gives us feedback on how to get there. Social is the second best reason, as everyone can of course easily infer parental upbringing, the social environment we have from childhood to adulthood even, its perpetually affecting and conditioning our nervous systems towards either more self-love or less, for example imagine being Jewish in the times of Nazi Germany inside one of the camps, all Jewish people were being conditioned towards self-hate and people like Viktor Frankl had the awareness to do something a little different to the opposite due to his cognitive awareness combined  with his emotional awareness to have the empathy to transpose what he was seeing over the effects it was having on his mind, notice the subtle differences within enough to translate that into a vision of how he could instead behave, see the effects that would have if they could do this, then remain persistent in meeting their inner declaration towards a particular state.

I'm not sure how much awareness vs brute force was involved here, however the latter is only as good as the former works when it comes to noticing our various changes in states and then being able to have the nuaned awareness on the mechanics to make the subtlest to then greatest changes through this means. Lastly, this is a really great point to end on as we compare being able to this compared with how the environment conditions most people, which is to have a short, addictive, impulsive attention span making their capacity for such transformations much more something that happens slowly rather than automatically depending on how much their behaviour has negatively impacted their ongonig development concerning their powers of control and mediating their own state here. Things are getting worse and worse here as well as more and more people become brainwashed to offset their personal responsibilities and the growth in their brain and being they get from that to having AI like ChatGPT do all the work and thinking for them.

If I were to start in any place on how to improve it, it would be awareness that was as bodily based as possible so that cognition is only used where its actually directly applicable so the mind isn't using the mind to block out emotions but instead purely use itself as a processing and growth tool when it comes to transforming.

We can blame our presents, or we can just notice the emotion and work with body to psychological awareness (rather than the stifling effect of using the mind to influence the body unless its from a self aware place) to mature awareness that translates into slowly breaking through those folds altogether where that kind of initial onion peeling that irritates the eyes feels more like a watermellon that's gotta just be cut to size in the right places and then once we get it right everything's all fucking juicy; meaning, the loves automatically there, we just gotta get beyond all the crap and then all the stuff that creates the self love starts working right as it should do. It's not something we import from the outside as the materialistic western world wants us to believe, including Big Pharma who wants people to be depressed, its already within us, its just about learning to turn on the right stuff to create that right stuff.

20 hours ago, Orb said:

We all know about self love,

What’s the experience of knowing have to do with self-love? 

20 hours ago, Orb said:

but I don't see it operating in most people's lives. 

Could you find hay in a hay stack? Water in an ocean?

Seriously, how would you go about it? What are the first couple steps if you were to instruct me?

If you want to we could have some fun with this thread while sharing the message. Feel free to throw out scenarios, historic, personal or hypothetical, and I’m happy to give my two cents on just how it is that the bottom line ‘why’ any & every person does what they do, is love. 

20 hours ago, Orb said:

As far as pointing terms & distinctions go, how is self-love different than loving myself? 

20 hours ago, Orb said:

I want to love myself and support myself, but who am I to do that?

Who are you not to?

20 hours ago, Orb said:

I don't have magic powers or some universal authority to know I am worthy of love.

Neither does anyone else.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

What’s the experience of knowing have to do with self-love? 

Im just saying that everyone talks about it, but I don't see it showing in peoples lives. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Could you find hay in a hay stack? Water in an ocean?

Seriously, how would you go about it? What are the first couple steps if you were to instruct me?

You would scoop up the water in your hands and see that its water and that the ocean is water. Well water isn't in the ocean it is the ocean. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

If you want to we could have some fun with this thread while sharing the message. Feel free to throw out scenarios, historic, personal or hypothetical, and I’m happy to give my two cents on just how it is that the bottom line ‘why’ any & every person does what they do, is love. 

Okay:

-Religious wars

-Torture

-Dogmatic behavior

-Murder

-The buddha didn't allow women to join the Buddhist order for the first few years, how come? (Bonus scenario) 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

As far as pointing terms & distinctions go, how is self-love different than loving myself? 

Who are you not to?

They are the same in the way im using them. 

And alright I see the point in the second question. 

♾️

1 hour ago, Orb said:

Im just saying that everyone talks about it, but I don't see it showing in peoples lives. 

What it is you are seeing?

1 hour ago, Orb said:

You would scoop up the water in your hands and see that its water and that the ocean is water. Well water isn't in the ocean it is the ocean. 

How are people’s lives and love different?

1 hour ago, Orb said:

Okay:

-Religious wars

Love for one’s beliefs & ideals / vanity of the mind. Righteousness in the name of love for one’s country & community. Pride seeking admiration. Ignore-ance via conditioning / indoctrination compounded on, arising of suppression. Love is believed to be coming from others as respect, appreciation, praise and how one is seen or thought of such as an authority, leader or defender. Seeking to feel special & significant. 

1 hour ago, Orb said:

-Torture

Outward projection / acting out of childhood trauma, specifically isolation which resulted in inner powerlessness & intense fear. Revenge feels better than powerlessness & fear, and is ‘on the way’ or a seeking of love. The act temporarily calms the intense rumination caused by the intense suppression of the misinterpretation of self, created based on experience in childhood, internalized. This is also seeking. The peace, the break from the rumination is sought, and when the act is experienced the mind quiets. Due to the suppression, the rumination arises again, and the act is sought again. What’s sought, is love. Peace / contentment feels better and is temporary relief from thoughts, for which the guidance of powerlessness & fear is felt. 

1 hour ago, Orb said:

-Dogmatic behavior

Also a seeking of love from parents & community, inversely by seeking not to be excluded, held out, thought of differently or socially or emotionally isolated, rooted in the belief love is coming from others. Seeking approval, validation & security having been indoctrinated by adults in denial they’re seeking at all (also seeking approval, validation & security, ultimately - love). 

1 hour ago, Orb said:

-Murder

Also brings temporary relief to intense rumination caused by suppression. It’s an acting out of revenge and or rage, which feels better than jealousy, fear, unworthiness & powerlessness. What’s sought (desperately) is feeling better, which is feeling, which is love. 

1 hour ago, Orb said:

-The buddha didn't allow women to join the Buddhist order for the first few years, how come? (Bonus scenario) 

Siddhartha was unexceptional in that misogyny was the norm of his time. The Buddha actually did allow women to join. So, misidentification, conditioning, which was also and is always created by suppression. Put another way, the matrix followed suit with the norms, The Enlightened One does not. 

On 6/4/2023 at 8:05 PM, Orb said:

How does actual love exist?  Unconditional acceptance of what life does naturally.  That takes understanding to how, why, what, where, when, which, place, thing, person exists as part within the whole evolving process here now.

Every reality operates omitting which is which specifically here now. Every intellectual reality governs each social reality through reasonable doubt of missing links of statistically created information generalized to fit specific narratives of anything else is possible.

how, why, what, where, when, who do you think you are here.  The needs of the many outweigh the wants of the few or one philosophy that misdirects attention away from individual brains navigating space as reproductively here.

Now here is temptation of faith real isn't self evident that genetics eternally separates active reproductions left occupying time now.  Generation gaps of changing ancestral positions living in the atmosphere since inception of their species and specific ancestral lineage left alive now.

Evolving process never leaving same total sum present.  Adapt or become extinct life grants no exceptions or exemptions.  Reasonable doubt constantly promises better tomorrows each rotation of the planet.

What is the conflict of interests?

Love is willing to defy humanity hoping typecast people regain control of their evolved fertilized cell's nucleus that became the unique brain of each reproduction occupying time in this atmosphere now as ancestrally displaced.  Genetics eternally separating reproductions ends up showing life never exceeded evolving forward now.

I navigate this every waking moment. Nobody else believes it is possible. Too busy pretending to be a no self self evident displacement of intellectual superiority.

Simple completely accurate or statistically wrong. What are the odds one genetic brain can be equal to 8 billion intellectually trained minds corrupted by power of suggesting now isn't eternity on a universal scale?

Edited by solereproduction
correct spelling

3 hours ago, solereproduction said:

Every intellectual reality governs each social reality through reasonable doubt of missing links of statistically created information generalized to fit specific narratives of anything else is possible.

I understand that it can be really difficult to explain these "things" in words but it seems like you aren't even making an attempt at using sentence structures that are readable. I sometimes glean insights and really interesting perspectives from your posts, but it's really hard to read and enjoy the conversation when there's so little consideration for your reader's experience, or the other forum users and their topics of conversation. "This" is always changing and cannot be explained the same twice, yet each of your posts reads the same. What happens if you forget everything you think you know and start again? How will you show up, how will you express it? 

Youtube Channel  

20 hours ago, Mandy said:

I understand that it can be really difficult to explain these "things" in words but it seems like you aren't even making an attempt at using sentence structures that are readable. I sometimes glean insights and really interesting perspectives from your posts, but it's really hard to read and enjoy the conversation when there's so little consideration for your reader's experience, or the other forum users and their topics of conversation. "This" is always changing and cannot be explained the same twice, yet each of your posts reads the same. What happens if you forget everything you think you know and start again? How will you show up, how will you express it? 

Apparently you don't understand, my brain doesn't have difficulty explaining kinetic evolving in real time since, I can do the natural algorithm of ancestral positions occupying time inhabiting space exactly as they are behaving now.  

Society built reasonable doubt, genetics supply the people never accepting life in their own skin being self evident as historically achieved to current events.  Power of suggestion, context being considered all anyone needs to know about to protect tomorrows today from anyone correcting yesterday's mistakes combined each generation gap up to current 5 inhabiting space now.

You know arriving babies 50% each parent, 25% each grandparent, 12.5% each great grandparent, 6.25% each great great grandparent, 3.125% previous generation, 1.5625% generation before that.

Everything balances out forward from here and being here puts each person between every extreme interpretation of life exceeding the moment here and evolving never has exceeded spontaneously arrived spontaneously since conceived lasting simultaneously until dead and decomposed.

Specific gravity working in plain sight.  I didn't make this up, it is why I exist now after 72 years since my conception happened. Calendar wise 72 years ago, I was only a second trimester fetus.

I cannot speak for other people willing to believe anything else is possible, but someone has to recognize what never was possible.  

Unconditional love accepts what people are, conditional love doesn't accept life in real time and demands loyalty to a royal we mantra or else.

Every reality's leaderships leaves no good deed go, unpunished if they didn't authorize it first.

Edited by solereproduction