Insight into chakra/energy systems?

I am wondering are chakras even real? 

It seems like a lot of conceptualization.. I am confused regarding chakras and different energies. Since chakras have been around for a long time.

They are supposedly centred within the body but it seems like conditioning.

What comes to mind regarding chakras?

@Eternal When you meditate, notice your emotions. Notice that when you are mindfully aware of emotions, they have an energy to them and that the energy resides in specific parts of the body. 

By practicing this more, you will be aware of your energetic body. You may also notice that the energy seems to be concentrated at different points in the body and different types of energy correspond to different areas. I.e. Love is associated with the heart area and sexual energy in the groin area.

These areas of concentrated energy are called chakras. Whether they are real or not is really dependent on how you define real. They are certainly felt and have predictable properties.

6 hours ago, Eternal said:

It seems like a lot of conceptualization.. I am confused regarding chakras and different energies. Since chakras have been around for a long time.

Chakras are imaginary.

9 hours ago, Eternal said:

It’s like actors in a movie talking about if the projector is real. The projector is slightly prior to the movie, same for chakras & auras. 

9 hours ago, Eternal said:

It’s interesting to talk about, but fascinating to directly experience.