So it seems like something weird is going on in some bank right now and other banks are freaking out and doing some stuff.

Would be cool to understand better what all this stuff is and how it works. I'm really interested in learning more about economics.

Anyone here know any good books or youtube channels? I want the stuff that gives you chills. I want to really understand how the global economic system works and how we're being manipulated.

There must be an effortless way.

Someone really smart and woke recommended, "Busting Loose From The Money Game" by Robert Scheinfeld to me. It's all right there. There's not really a big scale/little scale thing going on. Every thing/think is a microcosm of the whole, but there aren't really separate micro/macrocosms. 

Youtube Channel  

8 hours ago, Mandy said:

Someone really smart and woke recommended, "Busting Loose From The Money Game" by Robert Scheinfeld to me. It's all right there. There's not really a big scale/little scale thing going on. Every thing/think is a microcosm of the whole, but there aren't really separate micro/macrocosms. 

😆

I never actually read the entire book. Just about half of it. Maybe I'll go finish it.

What I'm seeing is the media covering things as if it's providing information, but that information is consumed out of anxiety, then serves to feed the preexisting anxiety. The phenomenon of misaligned focus on what we don't want causes the only real reason for the anxiety. It's a vicious loop. I'm not worried about the money in the bank, until I read about a case where lots of people got worried all at once, and now I have reason to worry. But the worry causes the cause for worry. Is it hilarious, or tragic? All economic stuff is that way, it's like viral momentum.

There was no shortage of toilet paper at the beginning of the pandemic. The idea that there was created a shortage in stores, although the toilet paper was in people's pantries and hoards, still not actually a shortage. Even so, toilet paper is a truly stupid invention for lack of a better one, you don't really need toilet paper. It's just an inefficient tradition from back from when there was no indoor plumbing. Well now this is really getting controversial. 😂 

Youtube Channel  

Seems to have stemmed from the living wage movement / increase & the essentially forced self-reflection facet of covid. Then it’s like it became a free for all money grab that’s spread across industries. Now there seems to be an attempt to curb inflation. Like one hand raises the bottom as the other siphons away the middle. 

There's increasing wealth in the world, so inflation makes sense in that way, it's expansion.

When no one drives during the pandemic and automakers have already shut down plants for the pandemic, then a barge gets stuck and electronic chips can't be delivered for the cars that are being produced again, when people get the opportunity to work remotely from wherever they please and Air B and B/Vrbo becomes very popular simultaneously, but houses haven't been built at the rate they should have been for years because of the fallout from the financial crisis, and then Russia decides to go to war, well... seems like things are going surprising well considering. 

Youtube Channel  

TLDR the system is so that it requires eternal economic growth.

So I'm thinking... A system built on required eternal economic growth kinda seems like a cyclical limbo.

Required eternal economic growth might not be somewhere "out there" as some theoretical abstract philosophical economic problem.

Eternal  is something different. Like it imprisoned time itself the day it began.

Brings in mind Matrix and Orwell's 1984.

Matrix in that the time of the simulation really never exists.

1984 in that there's no concepts by which you could think outside the box.

Kinda freaky.

3 factors: Covid, War in Ukraine, Fed increasing interest rates to slow down inflation to prevent a recession.  Last year 2022 was one of the worst years for securities.  Someone I know in finance told me this -- I'm not going to pretend to take credit for knowing this.  I don't know squat about economics beyond basic family planning.

Edited by Joseph Maynor