Why are Thoughts Commonly Believed to be Inside the Head?

Orb

I'm curious to hear your perspectives on this. 

Why do thoughts feel personal? Why is it that sometimes thoughts feel like they're on the periphery of the sphere and then sometimes it's like they're whispering in your ears or humming in the brain? 

I'd say the feeling of discomfort and invasiveness from thoughts increases the more they're identified with.

♾️

It might be cultural conditioning.

Materialists paradigm and the belief that thoughts are neorlogical things in the brain.

I have this hunch that before the discovery of neurology, people usually thought that thinking happens in the heart.

And I think I once read that in Japan it's common to think thinking happens in the stomach.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

On 3/14/2023 at 2:29 PM, Orb said:

I'm curious to hear your perspectives on this. 

Why do thoughts feel personal? Why is it that sometimes thoughts feel like they're on the periphery of the sphere and then sometimes it's like they're whispering in your ears or humming in the brain? 

I'd say the feeling of discomfort and invasiveness from thoughts increases the more they're identified with.

When a brain accepts a social narrtive as all they wished were true, what did they give away to stay in the social identity to die for?

Time evolving as actuality of being alive genetically present here now.  Relative time logistics were made possible comparing shared event horizons each cycle of reproduction each generation gap arrived in mutually has when occupying space here.

Instincts vs intellectual choices and which intellectual mind rules outcomes set to arrive tomorrow as evolving never exceeds the current situation never the same total sum again?

the great me vs we, and democracy wins every time.

@Blessed2 I think thoughts actually come from outside and are received by the brain. Like the brain doesn't generate thought but rather receives them like a radio. 

4 hours ago, Mandy said:

me thinking head. 😆🤦‍♀️ It hurts so it must be me. Even face palming is self reiki. Aww.... 

💙

♾️