There Is An Exception To Every Rule.

Phil

When we have a longer drive we play car games, like naming animals, super hero’s or colors etc until only one person remains who can still name one. Yesterday we made a car game out of there being an exception to every rule and the conversation went to some very interesting and unexpected places. I thought it’d be both fun & mind expanding / belief busting as a thread.

The basic premise here is to share something that comes to mind which very much seems like something that is true, to which it seems there is no exception, and then through ongoing discussion, seeing just how it is, that it isn’t. This could be quite literally anything at all.

What comes to mind which seems to be without exception? 

I’ll start with one… if a baby is born, there is an umbilical cord. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

When we have a longer drive we play car games, like naming animals, super hero’s or colors etc until only one person remains who can still name one. Yesterday we made a car game out of there being an exception to every rule and the conversation went to some very interesting and unexpected places. I thought it’d be both fun & mind expanding / belief busting as a thread.

The basic premise here is to share something that comes to mind which very much seems like something that is true, to which it seems there is no exception, and then through ongoing discussion, seeing just how it is, that it isn’t. This could be quite literally anything at all. An example would be that if a baby is born, there is an umbilical cord. Turns out there is an exception to that. 

God is literally nothing, therefore in everything. Impossible to point, because pointer/point is itself. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

Pretending that this sentences are pointing to it 🙂

It’s just ‘what comes to mind’ in the spirit of the thread, but maybe God isn’t in everything / anything. Maybe there isn’t even God in the first place. Again though, not suggestion here, just pondering ‘exceptions to the rule’.

1 hour ago, Orb said:

The sun shines every morning.

Maybe the sun is always shining and the spinning of the earth gives an impression of a morning. And more so, maybe that ‘rule’ or rules have exception too. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

It’s just ‘what comes to mind’ in the spirit of the thread, but maybe God isn’t in everything / anything. Maybe there isn’t even God in the first place. Again though, not suggestion here, just pondering ‘exceptions to the rule

Of course. If everything is G-o-d must be identical therefore no G-o-d. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 hours ago, Phil said:

The basic premise here is to share something that comes to mind which very much seems like something that is true, to which it seems there is no exception, and then through ongoing discussion, seeing just how it is, that it isn’t. This could be quite literally anything at all.

I’ll start with one… if a baby is born, there is an umbilical cord. 

There is a balance point of no exceptions are involved to everything never staying same total sum achieved again. One must understand contracting results never same total sum  relative to expanding details never duplicating total sum reached now.

Evolving is constant changes added forward from here.

Edited by solereproduction

9 minutes ago, solereproduction said:

There is a balance point of no exceptions are involved to everything never staying same total sum achieved again. One must understand contracting results never same total sum  relative to expanding details never duplicating total sum reached now.

So now, what is the exception, or, how is it that that isn’t actually true… as in, that isn’t without exception? 

13 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The idea that I need a girlfriend to be happy.

What would be the exception, or, how specifically is it that isn’t per se true?

It could be as simple as ‘I don’t need a girlfriend to be happy’, which is great if it resonates, but that would just be the opposite idea, and it wouldn’t be the ‘how it is that that isn’t true’. 

19 minutes ago, Phil said:

So now, what is the exception, or, how is it that that isn’t actually true… as in, that isn’t without exception? 

may we get in the same time frame first. I understand relative time logistics used to deflect specificity to evolving as one of a kind, same as biological time evolving as me at the same time no missing links possible.

but I guess that is nonsense to social consensus of nobody can know real living at all without context controlling reasonable doubt mutually evolving is exclusively for those adapting as occupying space ancestrally displaced one of a kind here.

@solereproduction

It’s really just an ‘if interested’ situation / thread. 

45 minutes ago, solereproduction said:

35 minutes ago, Phil said:

2 hours ago, Phil said:

What would be the exception, or, how specifically is it that isn’t per se true?

It could be as simple as ‘I don’t need a girlfriend to be happy’, which is great if it resonates, but that would just be the opposite idea, and it wouldn’t be the ‘how it is that that isn’t true’. 

Maybe I’m confused. It seems like the “I need a girlfriend to be happy” is an absolute fact. Like of course that’s not true but it feels that way emotionally. And then the exception would be well there have been lots of times I’ve been happy single.

Am I in line with your thread topic or am I way off base?