Self-regression technique for childhood trauma healing

flowboy

I wasn't sure about making this, or posting this, but here it is.

I've seen many people ask what to do next if they have a problem that could be rooted in childhood experience.

Paying a therapist or a coach is often too big of a step.

So then I have to refer people to "shadow work", this amorphous overgrown forest of practices to find your way through.

I decided to open-source the way I work with clients and turn it into a guided meditation.

Will it work?

I don't know. This is an experiment.

I know it works if I do it with someone.

I know from feedback I've gotten that some people have managed to do deep self-healing on their own in this way.

Technically, there's no reason why this shouldn't work, except that it just takes some willpower to break through the resistance and express oneself out loud in an empty room.

If you want to be my guinea pig, here you go, I hope it helps you.

Would love some feedback.

Amorphous overgrown forest of practices. Umm no. This is good in the beginning. 

Maybe as time goes, it's best to have patient-centric practices. Like cbt. But customized versions of it tailored to the emotional needs of the client. For everyone, the support system is going to differ. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

@flowboy Damn. I'll check it out soon. I'll tell you how it was.

You a therapist or something?

Lately I've been thinking of going to therapy or something like that. There has been some depression and alcohol abuse going on here. You think this 'shadow work' could be helpful in this? 🙂

Are you interested in sharing what this 'shadow work' is about? I've heard about it so many times but I have never really understood what it actually means.

Thanks!

There must be an effortless way.

On 2/24/2023 at 5:05 PM, Blessed2 said:

Lately I've been thinking of going to therapy or something like that

I would definitely do that. See what the direct experience is. Take full advantage of all resources available. 👊🏼 

To connect some dots… using the emotional scale (as opposed to conceptualizing about a separate self & ‘distancing’ emotion) is doing shadow work. 

Using Byron Katie’s worksheets and the turnarounds is doing shadow work. 

Meditations, expressive journaling, improv writing, poetry and contemplations are doing shadow work. 

On 2/24/2023 at 11:05 PM, Blessed2 said:

You a therapist or something?

I'm a life coach who discovered that breaking free from the past is the most important thing when designing a future.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:05 PM, Blessed2 said:

Are you interested in sharing what this 'shadow work' is about? I've heard about it so many times but I have never really understood what it actually means.

Shadow work is making the unconscious conscious. Looking where you don't want to look, in order to find what you most need.

There's many ways to go about it.

Phil named some excellent examples, which can be tried by any beginner.

I'm interested in the most 'hardcore' instance of shadow work, which involves using present-day blockages to discover past unfulfilled needs and unfelt feelings, and feeling all of those until there is no more. I specialize in that because it can not only heal the mind but also physical symptoms, so it's the most interesting thing to me.

That overlaps a lot with therapy though. 

I'm not a therapist because I don't help cure disorders, rather I work with people who would be labelled healthy and have a desire to become even more so.

Edited by flowboy

@flowboy why aren't you talking to me. What's the deal here? I don't think I did anything to you. 

Well if you don't want communication that's fine, I will just put you on my ignore list and move on. 

By the way I was the person who gave you great reviews on the other forum. That's so weird you publicly ignore me. When I absolutely did nothing. 

Are you going through some weird stuff or is this how you really treat people who are kind to you. No bad blood if this is nothing personal. But ignoring someone blatantly who has communicated with you in the past can make the other person feel really shitty. I thought to let you know this because you often work with clients who are struggling with mental health and you're often seen in the mental health section of the other website. So you should know that the way you interact with some of these people can have a significant impact on them. I get you're not a therapist but there's a trend lately where modern day gurus and in just general people without any psychological qualification acting as experts, advisers, coaches without wanting the tag of "therapist" talking to mentally/emotionally vulnerable clients (who are in need of intense therapy), dishing them advice meanwhile completely ignoring their emotional/mental needs and disregarding that aspect of the client's life. It's like you want them as clients minus their mental health issues. But their mental health issues is actually a significant contributor to their general behavior in life. So i don't know how that can be subtracted from their experience even though you don't want to be their therapist. Then probably just stick to and work with extremely stable and healthy people. 

The hypocrisy. 

I mean you're running the risk of actually causing damage to mentally ill people if you conveniently leave out their mental health issues and simply address them as you do other normal clients. Because obviously they aren't normal. Although their symptoms aren't too prominent. 

Just putting it out there. 

I feel terrible about myself after my short interaction with you. If this is how you act with clients then I understand why not many people would find your services useful.. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

@Cupcake I don’t know what relationship you think we have, but you were never my client, I never coached you or offered anything, we were just on the same forum and exchanged a couple pms. I replied to you plenty of times, and lately I’ve been busy. Hope you can find a way to not take it so personally.

On 2/24/2023 at 12:25 PM, Cupcake said:

Amorphous overgrown forest of practices. Umm no. This is good in the beginning. 

Maybe as time goes, it's best to have patient-centric practices. Like cbt. But customized versions of it tailored to the emotional needs of the client. For everyone, the support system is going to differ. 

19 hours ago, Cupcake said:

@flowboy why aren't you talking to me. What's the deal here? I don't think I did anything to you. 

Well if you don't want communication that's fine, I will just put you on my ignore list and move on. 

By the way I was the person who gave you great reviews on the other forum. That's so weird you publicly ignore me. When I absolutely did nothing. 

Are you going through some weird stuff or is this how you really treat people who are kind to you. No bad blood if this is nothing personal. But ignoring someone blatantly who has communicated with you in the past can make the other person feel really shitty. I thought to let you know this because you often work with clients who are struggling with mental health and you're often seen in the mental health section of the other website. So you should know that the way you interact with some of these people can have a significant impact on them. I get you're not a therapist but there's a trend lately where modern day gurus and in just general people without any psychological qualification acting as experts, advisers, coaches without wanting the tag of "therapist" talking to mentally/emotionally vulnerable clients (who are in need of intense therapy), dishing them advice meanwhile completely ignoring their emotional/mental needs and disregarding that aspect of the client's life. It's like you want them as clients minus their mental health issues. But their mental health issues is actually a significant contributor to their general behavior in life. So i don't know how that can be subtracted from their experience even though you don't want to be their therapist. Then probably just stick to and work with extremely stable and healthy people. 

The hypocrisy. 

I mean you're running the risk of actually causing damage to mentally ill people if you conveniently leave out their mental health issues and simply address them as you do other normal clients. Because obviously they aren't normal. Although their symptoms aren't too prominent. 

Just putting it out there. 

I feel terrible about myself after my short interaction with you. If this is how you act with clients then I understand why not many people would find your services useful.. 

This is the very ‘stuff’ that comes up… that the video shared is referencing and is useful & helpful with.

Not any specifics, but ‘being with’ the feeling, or feelings, or emotions, or simply, what arises. 

It’s beautiful. 

And you’re what’s so beautiful! 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

This is the very ‘stuff’ that comes up… that the video shared is referencing and is useful & helpful with.

Not any specifics, but ‘being with’ the feeling, or feelings, or emotions, or simply, what arises. 

It’s beautiful. 

And you’re what’s so beautiful! 

💙