Why are Emotions so Scary?

Orb

Emotions aren't scary. It's the perspective we have on emotions that makes them bad.

There are emotions ones like and have no issue feelings, and other that are resisted. The resisted ones go very often mostly into our shadow because we refuse to deal with them in the first place. The mind says no and ignores it. Its pure self-deception, that leads into repression.

Edited by Serenity

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

@Orb

Make a note of that relief. The feeling of relief. The ‘shift. It’s the resistance that is the suffering, not the experiencing of emotions. Emotion is guidance to what you actually want.

What about insecurity, guilt, unworthiness? Ever feel those? Felt em lately? Maybe even today? 

What about? There’s no right and wrong of expression. Whatever comes to mind is whatever comes to mind and that’s just what is. And remember, it’s only the resistance that is the suffering. 

3 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil yea i felt insecure ehen i joined my meeting late. I feel insecure with my job, career and ability to learn. Also, can i use the scale and do drugs? Also, if I use the scale often will the craving for drugs go away?

Expressing the emotions felt isn’t about anything else. It doesn’t get you anything.  🫤 Sorry. 

Ever experience jealousy? 

About what?

What have you seen or experienced that you know you want?