I Let go of Old Friends Easily

Orb

I don't talk to the same people after some years have passed. I have old friends who reach out and want to hang but I feel embarrassed for all the mistakes and cringe shit I did the years that I was with them. I don't like people seeing my mistakes and I distance myself from old friends because there's shame in my cringe ways back then. This results in old friends reaching out and being bummed out since I never reach out to them.

♾️

I just connected with a friend on new years who I haven’t seen in a long time. I was good, just like old times you could say😄. Go out and see them sometime, it sounds like you truly want to. Nothing more healing when you look at it, there are things you don’t wanna see again, that is an opportunity for deeper self understanding. We have all done things we feel embarrassed for, I’m sure your friends have too, we just tent to remember wayyyy more the things we feel embarrassed about because it has to do with our self-concept. 

Edited by Loop

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.