Rowing Vs The Wind In Your Sails

Phil

One can make it through life either way, and I suppose every one has experienced the ‘rowing’, but I suspect not every one has or is experiencing the ‘wind in your sails’.

The difference is quite incorporeal, and so the point of this thread is to attempt to draw out some pointing distinctions, namely for those who only know rowing. 

What is the difference? 

What other words point to this intangible, but visceral tactile difference?

If you were rowing and now you’re sailing, what brought about the wind?

34 minutes ago, Eternal said:

@Phil

What do you mean when you say rowing and wind in your sails?

It’s a very tricky subject matter as it’s intangible, or, can only be pointed to. 

Other pointing phrases… 

Doing Vs Effortlessness

Thinking Vs Being

Motive & motivation Vs Inspiration.

Manipulating Vs Receiving

Strife Vs Allowing

I am interested in how Jesus managed to walk on water and turning water into wine? 

Imo this intangible distinction is what’s meant or pointed to in the Bible when it’s said Jesus ‘walked on water’ and ‘turned water into wine’.  Being, effortlessness, inspiration, are experientially like flying, flowing, or ‘walking on water’. Difficult, impossible really to capture with words… but although nothing changes per se, when this ethereal distinction is ‘seen’, the mundane of thinking, doing, motive… is like a veil lifted revealing beauty, perfection, effortlessness, being, etc… as if ‘turning water into wine’. 

After realizing there is in fact no 'I', is it possible to have super natural abilities such as Jesus? 

Walking on water & literally turning water into wine, as far as I can deduce from direct experience, no, nobody will be doing those things any time soon. Would I go so far as to say it’s not possible, no I would not. 

But I suspect there are a lot of misunderstandings around the Bible and depictions of Jesus and his words, and I think these miracles point directly to the miracle of self, and of conscious creating, and of this immaterial difference this thread is aimed at bringing more into the light, if you will. 

In terms of siddhis, so to speak, between one and another…

Pain alleviation & expediting of healing, self-recognition or self-realization, awakening… ending suffering, conflict & confusion have all been experienced here.  

In terms of extra-sensory perception, from direct experience I can vouch for clairvoyance, clairaudience, precognition & retrocognition, ‘mind reading’, mediumship and remote viewing. Though as you said, there is no “I”. So though these experiences occur, no one can rightfully be said to be ‘doing’ it. Also very indicative of the thread topic.

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Doing Vs Effortlessness

Thinking Vs Being

Motive & motivation Vs Inspiration.

Manipulating Vs Receiving

Strife Vs Allowing

We are always being but that can get clouded by doing. Yes, I manipulated reality to get what I want most of the time but the more I seemed to exert force and pressure, the less came my way. I really just wanted to be the 'perfect' person so to speak and that did seem to create a very tense and uncomfortable internal system. 

I suppose things changed when I realized what I am. Unconditional love. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

One can make it through life either way, and I suppose every one has experienced the ‘rowing’, but I suspect not every one has or is experiencing the ‘wind in your sails’.

The difference is quite incorporeal, and so the point of this thread is to attempt to draw out some pointing distinctions, namely for those who only know rowing. 

What is the difference? 

I think the only difference would be how one feels. I was about to go into an explanation about how rowing is hard work and long hours, etc. But then I realized one could be working long hours and working hard but they could be inspired. They could be feeling the wind in their sails.

So I think the main difference is that wind in your sails is being in flow and being inspired. Rowing is thinking you have to accomplish certain things and have deadlines and just more effort in general. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

When feeling the wind in my sails it feels like the universe is conspiring to give me everything I’m asking for. Things just work out with minimal and sometimes no effort.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I go back and forth and I’m really not sure how to bring about the wind. It seems to happen on its own. I wish I could figure out how to make it happen.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

What is the difference? 

The difference is that when the wind is in your sails you don't know where you're going yet you enjoy it because it is effortless and full of joy. I was rowing real hard then a hurricane of discord hit my boat and after the storm the wind came and I threw my paddles away! 

♾️