Manifesting is absolute horseshit and doesn't work, you are fucking deluding yourself

I use colorful language to:

1. Clickbait 😅 (change title if necessary please)

2. Express in raw terms how I sometimes think about this whole manifesting thing... I don't mean it as an attack on the work and help provided here, it's just really how I feel (it's really how I think I feel I suppose, I feel pretty fine right now🤣)

My problems with manifesting:

1. So, if you can manifest everything, why aren't you a millionaire?

- Common retort I hear : "When your desires are clear, you may find that you never even wanted to be a millionaire, you just thought this would bring you happiness"

so I would then reply...

If you can literally manifest everything, why haven't you ended sexual abuse, poverty, disease? What an asshole you are if you could really manifest everything and choose a life of hedonism when hundreds of millions are suffering from external conditions.

2. Are you saying I am responsible for all of the conditions I face in life?

How is a sex slave in India, sold by her family, responsible for this? If she managed to escape and find her family, due to the intense shame culture and value for family reputation, she would never even be accepted back. Most men in the area would never marry her if they knew her past. Why did she manifest this? It seems insensitive sometimes, it is easy to say we are manifesting our own conditions with a full stomach and roof over your head.

3. How long am I supposed to wait until it comes?

How many weeks must I do the practices? Dream board, acting as if it is already here, visualize, desire without care of the outcome...

how long am I supposed to wait? If I want to manifest a million dollars and it takes me working 10 years in a good career, how did any of this other stuff matter? Seems like an "nonspiritual" person would have arrived at the same outcome as me. In fact, some "nonspiritual" people are manifesting way more than me, and they don't have to spend hours on practices.

i.e. If it isn't coming from "thin air", can it really be considered manifesting?

. . .

I worry it is just setting myself up for future disappointment. Like telling a child Santa will come on Christmas, but you have no money for presents so they get nothing. They would suffer less I think if you just told them, there are no presents coming, when you are older and work you can buy your own presents.

3 hours ago, Omelette said:

- Common retort I hear : "When your desires are clear, you may find that you never even wanted to be a millionaire, you just thought this would bring you happiness"

so I would then reply...

If you can literally manifest everything, why haven't you ended sexual abuse, poverty, disease? What an asshole you are if you could really manifest everything and choose a life of hedonism when hundreds of millions are suffering from external conditions.

Agree that your vision of potential creativity and diversity of options is a little limited as many questions as we get about manifesting millions of dollars. *yawn* It's what you could DO with it, that's why you want it anyway, and how that would feel that interests us.

As for ending those things, you cannot create in someone else's experience. Hedonism implies suffering, well being does not. Your shirking your own wellbeing in the favor of sickness and depression does no make the sick and depressed less so, in fact it just adds to that pile. You can, however, meditate on world peace, feel into the essence of what that would be and do loving-kindness meditations or similar, or whatever feels good to you in the moment. 

How is a sex slave in India, sold by her family, responsible for this? If she managed to escape and find her family, due to the intense shame culture and value for family reputation, she would never even be accepted back. Most men in the area would never marry her if they knew her past. Why did she manifest this? It seems insensitive sometimes, it is easy to say we are manifesting our own conditions with a full stomach and roof over your head.

First of all the, "most men would never marry her" as if this is some horrible fate is an assumption based on a flawed premise that a woman needs a man to marry her for her to be happy, or that men are right in their staying in their fear/judgment regarding her supposed past. When you look at someone else's experience and feel bad you aren't seeing it how Source sees it. It was "bad" that Rosa Parks was told to move to the back of the bus, and after arrested for not moving for a white person, but boy oh boy did she make waves. You so often come in way too early with your judgement. 

How many weeks must I do the practices? Dream board, acting as if it is already here, visualize, desire without care of the outcome...

how long am I supposed to wait? If I want to manifest a million dollars and it takes me working 10 years in a good career, how did any of this other stuff matter? Seems like an "nonspiritual" person would have arrived at the same outcome as me. In fact, some "nonspiritual" people are manifesting way more than me, and they don't have to spend hours on practices.

When you ask "how long?" you are noticing the absence of that, which is currently NOT practicing the law of attraction. Use the emotional scale. Impatience is an emotion, it is guidance that your focus is in opposition of what you want. Everything you want is because you want to feel better, and feeling better is available immediately. When you compare yourself with "nonspiritual" people you bastardize this allowing as a special kind of method or knowledge that some have and others don't. It's not exclusive, EVERYONE has emotional guidance. You don't have to understand the law of gravity in order to fall when you slip on ice or to avoid flying off earth when the wind blows. The awareness of law of attraction, or more directly the awareness of how you are feeling, means that you resist yourself and your desires less often and are more quick to turn to them. Yes, people do this naturally all the time. It's the most natural thing in the world. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

As for ending those things, you cannot create in someone else's experience.

So, one is free to create what I perceive as misery or suffering, and I am free to create what I want?

I suppose it wouldn't be "fair" if I could force them to act according to my own moral values.

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

Hedonism implies suffering, well being does not. Your shirking your own wellbeing in the favor of sickness and depression does no make the sick and depressed less so, in fact it just adds to that pile.

True, moping around about it helps no one and creates suffering in my own experience. I guess if I care so much about these topics and want to act on them, it would be most effective to do it from a place where I feel great and inspired rather than depressed anyways.

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

First of all the, "most men would never marry her" as if this is some horrible fate is an assumption based on a flawed premise that a woman needs a man to marry her for her to be happy, or that men are right in their staying in their fear/judgment regarding her supposed past.

I personally don't value marriage much and don't really care if someone wants to or not. I just bring that up because in Indian society marriage is a lot more significant and means much more, divorce is much rarer, etc.

Many would question why someone isn't married after a certain age, it is the similar in the West, but a to a much bigger degree in India. For both men and women. One will lose out on some "benefits" of society without it, tangible like wealth and security, and intangible like respect and pride from family. Due to this, I think most Indians plan or desire marriage. Regardless it is besides the main point I wanted to get at

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

It was "bad" that Rosa Parks was told to move to the back of the bus, and after arrested for not moving for a white person, but boy oh boy did she make waves. You so often come in way too early with your judgement. 

True, I did not consider this.

However, I think Rosa Parks is an anomaly, hence why we remember her. I wonder why people suffer needlessly though, with no positive outcome. In the example of the sex slave, consider someone sold in their preteens, abused for decades, then dies of AIDS with no one by her side and is forgotten, with nothing "good" coming from it. Why did she have to suffer like this?

I suppose it is my own thought believing she is suffering and then causing me suffering. But I think most people would not like this situation, I know I wouldn't want to be in it.

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

When you ask "how long?" you are noticing the absence of that, which is currently NOT practicing the law of attraction. Use the emotional scale. Impatience is an emotion, it is guidance that your focus is in opposition of what you want.

Thank you for this. It is easy for me to say this logically, but I don't notice all the many times I do this without even noticing. Do you think the idea of "acting as if you already had it" is useful? Live my life as if I had my Lamborghini, how am I expecting to think and feel after I have it?

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

When you compare yourself with "nonspiritual" people you bastardize this allowing as a special kind of method or knowledge that some have and others don't. It's not exclusive, EVERYONE has emotional guidance.

Fair point, I think it would be nonsense if I have some special powers others don't simply because I watch more Esther Hicks than them 😂

12 hours ago, Omelette said:

So, one is free to create what I perceive as misery or suffering, and I am free to create what I want?

I suppose it wouldn't be "fair" if I could force them to act according to my own moral values.

True, moping around about it helps no one and creates suffering in my own experience. 

The assumption of separate selves... "I create, others create, I look upon what they create and judge it based on what I want to create, they look upon what I create and judge accordingly," starts really confusing what LOA is really pointing to... putting feeling first. 

I guess if I care so much about these topics and want to act on them, it would be most effective to do it from a place where I feel great and inspired rather than depressed anyways.

👍

I personally don't value marriage much and don't really care if someone wants to or not. I just bring that up because in Indian society marriage is a lot more significant and means much more, divorce is much rarer, etc.

Yes, but you're using your cultural values and preferences to project them on individuals, when we are already free. Contrast is a big part of expansion as I'm sure you've heard Abraham say. In the US, life was much more difficult for women because of beliefs imposed on women by culture, just a short time ago, and it was changed significantly by questioning those beliefs (women are inferior to men, women cannot do certain jobs, society will fall apart if women are given more rights, etc). The way you better life for all is by questioning the beliefs, questioning the rules of the game, not playing by them to try to win for yourself. Ironically, that's the ONLY way to "win", to realize you wrote the rules and that the "laws" (of attraction, etc) are exactly and ideally how you'd have them be. 

However, I think Rosa Parks is an anomaly, hence why we remember her. I wonder why people suffer needlessly though, with no positive outcome. In the example of the sex slave, consider someone sold in their preteens, abused for decades, then dies of AIDS with no one by her side and is forgotten, with nothing "good" coming from it. Why did she have to suffer like this?

If you do not see the positive outcome, that doesn't mean there is none. In your belief that all is bad, you will not see what the contrast or expansion is, you'll only see the suffering and suffer by looking on it. Your belief creates what you see. The suffering is direct, it's your's. You wrote this story above. Why? Why is conflict written into every novel? It's as if you're an author who forgot that they were the author and thought they were a character stuck right in the middle of a story. The only way to get out of the conflict in the story is to remember that you're the author, remember why you put it there and start writing. A character can't write for another character. Only one who knows themselves to be beyond all characters can see any real insight into the contrast of why things appear to be. 

Thank you for this. It is easy for me to say this logically, but I don't notice all the many times I do this without even noticing. Do you think the idea of "acting as if you already had it" is useful? Live my life as if I had my Lamborghini, how am I expecting to think and feel after I have it?

You don't have to act as if, you do already have it. Just like the author already has the Hogwarts castle built or any mansion or land or relationship they want to write. Just find the feeling place of it. The inspiration is as good as the fulfillment. 

Fair point, I think it would be nonsense if I have some special powers others don't simply because I watch more Esther Hicks than them 😂

😂

Youtube Channel  

@Omelette

On 10/3/2022 at 10:02 AM, Phil said:

There are thoughts about separate selves, not separate selves. 

On 10/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, Omelette said:

If there aren’t separate selves, you are every millionaire. 

Ending anything (sexual abuse, poverty, disease) isn’t manifesting anything. 

There is sexual abuse, poverty & disease because of the belief in separate selves. 

If there aren’t separate selves, there isn’t any one responsible for any thing. 

There is human trafficking because of the belief in separate selves. 

There is non-acceptance because of the belief in separate selves. 

There is the belief separate selves manifest because of the belief in separate selves. 

First & foremost, that’s what she said. 

There only seems to be waiting, and a her saying such things, because of the belief in separate selves. 

There are only practices because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be time because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be “nonspiritual” people because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be someone manifesting more than you because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be ‘not from thin air’ because of the belief in separate selves. 

I worry it is just setting myself up for future disappointment. Like telling a child Santa will come on Christmas, but you have no money for presents so they get nothing. They would suffer less I think if you just told them, there are no presents coming, when you are older and work you can buy your own presents.

There only seems to be a myself, future, and disappointment because of the belief in separate selves. 

***SPOILER ALERT***

There only seems to be children and Santa because of the belief in separate selves. 

There is only, and only seems to be suffering because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be someone who would suffer less because of the belief in separate selves. 

In only seems like you can by your own presents because of the belief in separate selves. 

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

@Phil 😁😁

You can bring it to your awareness

Love is an it now?

I’m calling shenanigans. Shenanigans has officially been called. 

If there is an it, and it is known, isn’t it, whatever it is, already within awareness? 

It's impossible to define it perfectly in words, but do you not have any semblance of a verbal definition of love?

No more than I can speak faster than the so-called speed of light. 

Define fishy. Just kidding😆😆

😂 🙏🏻 

9 hours ago, Devin said:

Where can I read about what you're teaching?

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/

I can’t honestly say I’m teaching it though. 

9 hours ago, Devin said:

I think you're getting at that it doesn't think itself into existence. But in that same breath, it came about once, so why can't it disappear and come about again?

Thinker is a thought. 

9 hours ago, Devin said:

I lose awareness of it, and the only reason to ever bring it back to attention is because of suffering, otherwise I wouldn't care to feel at all really, if it's all the same all the time, that would be boring, I like the modulation between and the surprise of different feelings

Awareness is aware of the thought ‘losing awareness’, and of the emotion of boredom.

8 hours ago, Devin said:

Why do you use the word love if you don't define it, is it because you consider love to be infinity?

Infinite can not know finite.

18 hours ago, Phil said:

***SPOILER ALERT***

There only seems to be children and Santa because of the belief in separate selves. 

There is only, and only seems to be suffering because of the belief in separate selves. 

There only seems to be someone who would suffer less because of the belief in separate selves. 

In only seems like you can by your own presents because of the belief in separate selves. 

Holy shit. 😂

Youtube Channel  

I went to a mushroom identification class and the presenter told us that the Santa Claus myth came from a mushroom amanita muscaria (the classic beautiful red with white spots one), which make you really sick for the first few hours if you eat it, but very euphoric if you drink reindeer urine after the reindeer eat them (and the reindeer love them supposedly). 

Santa Clause! https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clause 😂

Youtube Channel