Desire to be Muscular yet Cardio Feels Better

What's going on here? 

I have a desire to be more muscular and have more functional strength but every time I've done a weightlifting workout I've never gotten the same great feeling as when I do cardio. 

For me, nothing beats being on my bike early in the morning when it's dark outside, and feeling my body waking up and feeling great while the sun rises and it's warm glow gradually colors the trees/plants, and appreciating the light reflecting from all the leaves. 

I could do it everyday, no problem. 

But lifting weights in a gym or in my house just doesn't do it for me.

How come I have the desire to be muscular and stronger, yet cardio is so effortless and fun for me? 

Edited by Orb

♾️

10 hours ago, Orb said:

What's going on here? 

Well….

10 hours ago, Orb said:

I have a desire to be more muscular and have more functional strength but every time I've done a weightlifting workout I've never gotten the same great feeling as when I do cardio. 

For me, nothing beats being on my bike early in the morning when it's dark outside, and feeling my body waking up and feeling great while the sun rises and it's warm glow gradually colors the trees/plants, and appreciating the light reflecting from all the leaves. 

What you’re saying there is “for me….”, but when you mean there, what that’s really about, is the feeling of & experience of the appreciation. 

10 hours ago, Orb said:

I could do it everyday, no problem. 

But lifting weights in a gym or in my house just doesn't do it for me.

Then that “for me” is about a separate self, which something else is supposed to ‘do it for’, so the framing feels very off. 

By noticing the thoughts about a separate self, by noticing the thought feels off… the thought is naturally let go, because feeling is put first. THEN, a more aligned thought can now arise. A thought like doing cardio and then 3 muscles or muscle groups each day. Take 5 minutes. Easy solutions easily arise, when discordant thoughts are felt and accordingly let go. 

10 hours ago, Orb said:

How come I have the desire to be muscular and stronger, yet cardio is so effortless and fun for me? 

Lifting weights is effortless & fun just like cardio, but there is a belief it isn’t… ‘for me’.  It seems like ‘it must be enjoyable for someone else’… and it is, but not because of how it is ‘for me’ (you)… as in you’re different than them… it’s because they don’t hold the same belief. 

Effortless & fun is wholly up to you, is of you. Expect it to come from objects, and or think of yourself like an object… and indeed it seems like the effortlessness & fun can’t come into all activities.