About simple 'non-spiritual' living

fopylo

It does seem quite strange for me that when I'm in some group setting, having fun with friends, at some camp, on a trip with people, doing activities... - I seem to be really enjoying it and (later realizing) I am expressing, being true, lighthearted in those moments.

I am at this program and I really enjoy being in those peoples' company. Amazing people!

But I'm not meditating, and I'm not journaling everyday... Hmm...

Am I still 'progressing' towards living my truest nature 24/7 (enlightenment)?

Thinking about 'ok, let's meditate and focus on the breath' or 'I should journal about this' feel discordant, as well as all the other 'spiritual' thoughts that come up obscuring the very mundane stuff that somehow make me feel amazing - very simple.

I am not thinking about spiritual stuff, about the emotion I'm experiencing, about the dreambored, about what I desire...

I wonder what is the point of those things some times...

A little confused...

It all works together beautifully. Meditation/journaling make friends more enjoyable, friends make time alone to yourself more enjoyable. When you're feeling great, feel great, awesome that's what we are here for. That's it. When you're not, you've got the tool of journaling, the emotional scale and meditation to use. You can also use them regularly to "get out ahead" of discordant thoughts, which turns momentum in your favor and is powerful.

(Enlightenment) is not a progression but just a dropping of extraneous thought junk. Don't make practices part of your identity, they are there to shine the light on what you think your identity is. 

Youtube Channel  

13 hours ago, fopylo said:

It does seem quite strange for me that when I'm in some group setting, having fun with friends, at some camp, on a trip with people, doing activities... - I seem to be really enjoying it and (later realizing) I am expressing, being true, lighthearted in those moments.

I am at this program and I really enjoy being in those peoples' company. Amazing people!

The references here to a separate self are only for the sake of communication / expressing / sharing, and so this resonates. 

13 hours ago, fopylo said:

But I'm not meditating, and I'm not journaling everyday... Hmm...

Am I still 'progressing' towards living my truest nature 24/7 (enlightenment)?

Thinking about 'ok, let's meditate and focus on the breath' or 'I should journal about this' feel discordant, as well as all the other 'spiritual' thoughts that come up obscuring the very mundane stuff that somehow make me feel amazing - very simple.

I am not thinking about spiritual stuff, about the emotion I'm experiencing, about the dreambored, about what I desire...

I wonder what is the point of those things some times...

A little confused...

And these thoughts are about a separate self, which could or does progress, which could become enlightened, which should or shouldn’t do this or that. 

When there is discord, suffering, there are beliefs which don’t resonate, to let go of, and there are  tools for this, to again align. 

Really, more so, to see through, release & dispel the (discordant) beliefs. 

The Truth does set us free, and this requires being honest with ourself. (So to speak! 🙂

Cessation of suffering, or, no mind… isn’t a thought, isn’t conceptual, isn’t intellectual.