Looking for Accountability Parters! (For letting go of Unhealthy Habits)

Had an interesting idea, thought id create a thread for people who wanna let go of unhealthy habits and we can all inspire each other as the days progress.

We can share strategies we use to get through the withdrawal phases and youre free to post reports of how its going!

Whos interested?

♾️

@WhiteOwl nice! Thanks for being interested. 

I am letting go of pmo, caffeine, nicotine, and weed. 

Sounds like a tall order to fill, but I am confident that with the right strategy I can breeze through quitting these cold turkey. 

I've actually quit things long term for more than 2 months completely cold turkey, so I know I can do it.

My current strategy is:

-Drink lime water every morning (very energizing, detoxifies the body, relaxes the body)

-Minimum of 40 mins of cardio on weekdays, with some other form of exercise on the weekend (endorphins, dopamine, heals the brain quicker, is relaxing)

-take l theanine instead of caffeine (super relaxing without an energy crash, boosts focus, isn't addictive)

- and I'm also eating keto already, which is already helpful as my body is fueled by whole meals and my energy levels in regard to diet are stable.

I'm gonna take it easy and see how I'm feeling tomorrow, if my strategy works then I'll consider tomorrow the start of the end! 😀

♾️

@WhiteOwl thanks! 

So far feeling great! 

Started day off with a glass of lime juice which woke me up, then had a great workout on my bike and combined it with some fast/deep breathing techniques. 

Finished my workout and having another glass of lime water, feeling pretty nice! 

♾️

So far feeling much better than yesterday, spent my morning hours sober and eventually hit my nicotine vape, still feeling better than yesterday.

I can feel my body having more energy in general. 

I think once my L-Theanine comes I can take it and see if it helps with the nicotine cravings, ive read online that L theanine helps with drug withdrawals, well its actually helped me before so I know from direct experience.

♾️

@WhiteOwl yea totally. starting the day with a workout wakes up the body, also makes me feel more grounded throughout the day. 

also, it may be better for me to stick with caffeine and lower the dose to something more sustainable on a daily basis, while going cold turkey with weed and nicotine.

♾️

3 hours ago, Orb said:

it may be better for me to stick with caffeine and lower the dose to something more sustainable on a daily basis, while going cold turkey with weed and nicotine.

This ☝️

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.