What to do if the emotional scale is too overwhelming?

Blessed2

Write about it in the "Emptying" - sub? 🤔

So many things to do. I'm going on a long trip during july. Also, it seems that I got into a school in new town, and I have to move right after the trip. I need to make my apartment clean & ready for the move, get a new apartment in the new town, plan the interrail trip, organize all of it. So so much stuff to do. And it all seems to fall to the next few weeks.

I don't know where to begin. Too much stuff. I worry I can't do it. I worry this stress and overwhelment will trigger anxiety or panic. 

My apartment is full of old clothes, carbage, furniture, and it needs a real clean-up. There is time to do it, but it seems such a mountain of work that I just feel it's too much.

Also, the new town is kind of notorious for high rents and a bad housing situation in general. Also, it seems I'm moving together with my girlfriend so it's a complex thing to figure out how the welfare stuff works, it's a bureucratic pickle.

How do I find time to relax and get centered with all this new stuff?? The trip, the school, the new town and a girlfriend are all very sudden and new things to me. I need time to ground and center. To clarify.

It seems life is really calling for some zen. 😁 Maybe it's finally the time to put a daily meditation practice to test.

There must be an effortless way.

Overwhelment is within the emotional scale, like time is within you. You wanted a wild ride, you attracted a wild ride -  enjoy the wild ride. It’s all for you. Be amazed. 

People say ‘God never gives you more than you can handle’, and it seems to get contemplative about God quick, but I think it’s about how awesome you are and what you’re capable of. 

"Buridan’s donkey is standing halfway between a pile of hay and a bucket of water. It keeps looking left and right, trying to decide between hay and water. Unable to decide, it eventually dies of hunger and thirst."

Being overwhelmed is a lot like being that donkey and looking at both the hay and water without moving toward either.

You can only think one thought at a time.

You can only do one thing at a time.

And so it is that everything that needs doing gets done. Write a list out of everything that needs doing. Even just that action can be such a relief, because sometimes the discord is that we have to somehow hold it all in our head at once. Again, we can't. We only think one thought at a time, and the thought of "how much I have to do" has nothing to do with what actually needs doing whatsoever. Writing what we need to do out sort of enlists a kind of faith that it isn't all up to us. 

Youtube Channel  

Could be a great opportunity to practice surrender to God. A spontaneous adventure is a great way for the deeper aspects of being to really come into your life and start guiding you. I did a similiar trip a few years ago, went without a plan, willing to face whatever came my way, and that's when the nature of intuition and guidance really had the chance to open up.

The times of change and chaos are so exciting, but can be overwhelming. Do you have something to ground yourself in? Maybe the breath or simply being, or nature?