Does Direct Experience Really Triumph Over Anything Else?

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

🙏

Direct experience can actually be inspected to the extent it’s really clear, obvious even, that there isn’t and never was, direct experience. 

True but also false....Because conceptualization (which is what inspection really is) cannot capture direct experience.  It doesn't mean it isn't actual.  The thought of it isn't- but that's a mere pointer and not IT itself 🙂

It is right now - and we can point back to it later but it won't be it, at the same time it will be, at least as a reference point.

6 minutes ago, Mandy said:

If you are only aware now and you are presently aware that's the only true inspection. Any conceptualization would not be inspection. 

True but at the same time false.  It's still inspection just a different state of inspection.  It's a conceptual state vs actual and actually they both collapse into One.

16 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

The words  "Direct Experience" are actually misleading in a sense because directly speaking, there is not a you that experiences.

Ohhhh, now I understand better what Phil was explaining to me in his comment.

16 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

Unless you actually directly experience something for yourself, you probably will not gain knowledge and wisdom.

But what is the advice "Learn from the mistakes of others" for? It's precisely so that you won't need to experience that by yourself, by gaining knowledge from others.

1 hour ago, Valley2Mountain said:

But what is the advice "Learn from the mistakes of others" for? It's precisely so that you won't need to experience that by yourself, by gaining knowledge from others.

Yes of course - "bad" stuff for the ego should not be directly experienced because it is bad for the ego 😀 but notice this a bias of the ego which cherry picks what should be directly experienced 😀

Edited by Robed Mystic

2 hours ago, Valley2Mountain said:

Are there separations in experience? 

Look at an object such as a cup.

Is there a division between the cup that is seen, and the seeing?

Between the seeing, and the knowing of the seeing?

Between the knowing, and the awareness of the knowing? 

Experience is whole, without separation. 

Now look at an object, such as ‘experience’ or ‘direct experience’, and it is noticed you can not find, locate or see, such an ‘object’; experience

There is only the belief; not me. 

“Learn from the mistakes of others” is of experience, is experience, isn’t it so?

As with the inseparable whole of experience, ‘it’ is for you.

The present. 

What would it be like to wrap a gift in the wrapping paper of forgetting…

and to open that present?

Today, if there is suffering, notice…

awareness has overlooked itself…

mistaking the present it is…

for experience it seem to be not.

Overlooking it’s own wholeness…

forgetting it is already complete.

“Once the ego is gone, will there be just a spontaneous flow of the universe manifesting?”

“After your ignorance is gone, will you know it’s gone?”