Mommy issues

Kevin

I’m currently very overwhelmed with this emotional quandary. I really don’t like being around my mom and I don’t like talking to her. I stopped talking to her completely for a period of time when I was 14 or 15 and things had already been bad for years by that point. I eventually started talking to her again later in high school over the phone and then in person at some point but I’ve never felt comfortable around her and I don’t enjoy being around her.

I’ve been really going inward more lately and I realize I’m mostly still talking to her because I feel guilty cutting contact. Also I have this idea that you shouldn’t just run away from uncomfortable situations. And maybe there’s a lot of meat on the bone here in terms of spiritual healing that I wouldn’t get if I just run and cut contact. I would also feel guilty but I’m so confused. I really don’t like her and whenever I’m around her or talking to her I feel super uncomfortable and I feel like I have to act and play a roll around her.

And even though I think cutting her off is probably not the right move, I feel like I’m suppressing myself. And all these years I’ve been shoving it down and pretending things are ok and I’m fine with her when I’m not. And now that I’m connecting with myself I realize that I don’t like her and I’ve been just telling myself to get over it. So yeah I’m very overwhelmed and confused.

In a similar situation. I think we are pretty alike 😂

My mom tried to steal 100s of dollars from me, she stole from me. And she tried to gaslight me and hosts events for young members of her christian church and she MENTORS them!!! 😂

Very grateful for it though, ive learned to see through bullshit. I ended up moving out so i dont deal with that nonsense anymore. To this day she still tries to rub her beliefs in my face!

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

My mom tried to steal 100s of dollars from me, she stole from me. And she tried to gaslight me and hosts events for young members of her christian church and she MENTORS them!!! 😂

Very grateful for it though, ive learned to see through bullshit. I ended up moving out so i dont deal with that nonsense anymore. To this day she still tries to rub her beliefs in my face!

lmao that's funny af, I wouldn't be so mad about it 

13 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

lmao that's funny af, I wouldn't be so mad about it 

Yea man im sure youd be laughing up a storm! 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

8 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

Yeah you can go to that church fuck with those members and annoy them lmao 

No need to do stuff like that. If you dont believe in something you also have no need to fight them or make them not believe.