"Allowed To Be Felt"

Blessed2

@Blessed2 You're right, I'm all about half assing everything. Sorry, I meant to say that I'm sort of about half assing everything. 

Pendulum swing... my fault, their fault, my fault, their fault, my fault, their fault, my fault, their fault. My shortcoming, their shortcoming, my shortcoming, their shortcoming. 

Youtube Channel  

29 minutes ago, Mandy said:

You're right, I'm all about half assing everything. Sorry, I meant to say that I'm sort of about half assing everything. 

What?

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

Acknowledgement that an emotion is felt makes sense. It's like holding an apple in a hand and acknowledging that there is an apple in a hand.

Someone could come and ask "is there an apple in a hand?" and the answer would be "yes". That's direct, clear, no unicorns.

Allowing that an apple is held in a hand just sounds weird. Someone could ask "is it being allowed that an apple is held in a hand?" The allowing thing is just unicorn.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

@Blessed2 You can wrestle with the hand that seemingly owns the finger that's pointing to the moon, or you can just curiously look at the moon. The allowing of the message is seeing where it's pointing rather than taking offense to the means through which the message appears.

FOR GODS SAKE THEY USED PAPYRUS FONT AGAIN for these storm warning orders. IT'S SO OVERUSED AND TACKY. I WON'T READ IT. 

Youtube Channel  

Suppression just seems to make sense. Like it's really the only way.

These highly discordant and uncomfortable emotions arise and I seem to completely on my own and without guidance with them. There just seems to be no alternative to suppression.

"Just sit with it."

Like for example right now, I'm experiencing discordant emotions. Hard to say what exactly, but mainly frustration/irritation/impstience and pessimism.

There's an impulse to suppress, or to divert attention from the thoughts / feeling this by eating, being on the phone, etc.

The advice to "just sit with it" seems like an activity, literally sitting with it and not eating or being on the phone.

Though that seems like it requires willpower and patience. Kind of like holding a really heavy object, feeling the burn in the muscles, and continuing holding it via willpower.

But that seems to hold some kind of "circular reasoning". That "just sitting with it" in terms of the emotion impatience for example, would require patience. There is something off with that, isn't there?

It seems like "just sitting with it" right now and not eating etc, would take a lot of willpower, patience etc. It seems like "I just don't want to do that, and I'd rather just eat and be on the phone".

@Phil @Mandy Thoughts?

28 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

"Just sit with it."

Like for example right now, I'm experiencing discordant emotions. Hard to say what exactly, but mainly frustration/irritation/impstience and pessimism.

There's an impulse to suppress, or to divert attention from the thoughts / feeling this by eating, being on the phone, etc.

The advice to "just sit with it" seems like an activity, literally sitting with it and not eating or being on the phone.

Though that seems like it requires willpower and patience. Kind of like holding a really heavy object, feeling the burn in the muscles, and continuing holding it via willpower.

But that seems to hold some kind of "circular reasoning". That "just sitting with it" in terms of the emotion impatience for example, would require patience. There is something off with that, isn't there?

It seems like "just sitting with it" right now and not eating etc, would take a lot of willpower, patience etc. It seems like "I just don't want to do that, and I'd rather just eat and be on the phone".

@Phil @Mandy Thoughts?

Take a walk , set outside it will make it easier

34 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

"Just sit with it."

@Phil @Mandy Thoughts?

Bro just be pissed off, sad, cry, throw a tantrum dude go all the way who cares. As long as you dont take it out on anyone. Thats "sitting with it". 

Once its comes out its out. Youll feel way lighter. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

It seems like "I just don't want to do that, and I'd rather just eat and be on the phone".

Just eat and be on the phone then. If that's what you want, go for it. You deserve it. Why not? Enjoy it. Write it down on the dream board. "Eat and be on my phone." I'm writing it on mine right now. 

Youtube Channel  

3 minutes ago, Mandy said:

How about taking it out on just women in general, that's ok though right? 

Obviously not. If the implication is that ive done that ime, thats incorrect, im pretty chill with women in person in my day to day life. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

18 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I just want to be clear about the difference between venting some discordant thought and expressing an opinion, or a "truth". 

I dont see a difference, what distinction do you see?

2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

"Just sit with it."

Awesome. Being aware. 👍🏼 

‘Reaching for contentment’ is acknowledging and therein naturally diffusing thoughts with which pessimism is felt. One question might be - what needs to change for this moment, as is, to be perfect?

Keep in mind the point is to draw out any and all gripes, judgements, concerns, etc. As in contentment - from pessimism - is the natural result of ‘getting it all out’ or emptying. So no ‘beating up on yourself’ for gripes, judgments etc! Just express em. Let em out. 

Eating & being on the phone would be distractions. The impulse, or perhaps - habit of reaction - may very well occur, and it’s ample just to be aware of it. In being aware of it, the momentum of it naturally diffuses. Maybe all at once, maybe little by little - but it does diffuse / dissolve. 

Sitting with it is the other than eating or using the phone. It’s an exploration of non-eating, non-phone, just seeing what the non is like. 

Willpower and patience are self-conceptualizations. Concepts - about you, infinite consciousness. You are the reality of “willpower” and “patience”. 

Willpower, framed as doing or effort is a misnomer. Conjecture. It’s on behalf of a sep self. It’s a thought loop. Same for patience as a doing or effort. 

There’s an experience of impatience - but there is never an experience of patience - because “it” is you. 

There’s an experience of resistance - but there is never an experience of willpower - because “it” is you. 

With muscles - holding (lifting) a heavy object is desirable conditioning, presuming it’s to strengthen muscles. 

With ‘the mind’ - holding on is resistance & is undesirable. Letting it go - whatever it is - is the releasing of conditioning.  

But that seems to hold some kind of "circular reasoning".

Very astute. Yes, exactly. It’s the ‘thought loop’ of self-conceptualizing.

There isn’t me and willpower & patience.

And there isn’t a separate self, which knows or understands there is willpower or patience (because there isn’t an experience of willpower & patience). 

That "just sitting with it" in terms of the emotion impatience for example, would require patience. There is something off with that, isn't there?

So in that light, laid bear, this would be like saying “sitting with it would require me”. 

Which of course is not a problem, because you, consciousness, already are present. 

It seems like "just sitting with it" right now and not eating etc, would take a lot of willpower, patience etc. It seems like

Not a problem - consciousness is infinite. 

"I just don't want to do that, and I'd rather just eat and be on the phone".

This is the whole “the ego is not your friend” thingy. The ‘doer’ who ‘doesn’t want to do’ - is thoughts - and is distraction. 

5 hours ago, Orb said:

I dont see a difference, what distinction do you see?

Misogyny and racism and the subtler forms of it, are all believing the thoughts, and even trying to get others to share the beliefs, saying that this group IS this way, red pill, the current focus on blaming illegal immigrants for a vast number of incredibly complicated issues, etc. Rather than expressing or inspecting, it's claiming that this is indeed true and how these people are. 

Youtube Channel  

8 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Misogyny and racism and the subtler forms of it, are all believing the thoughts, and even trying to get others to share the beliefs, saying that this group IS this way, red pill, the current focus on blaming illegal immigrants for a vast number of incredibly complicated issues, etc. Rather than expressing or inspecting, it's claiming that this is indeed true and how these people are. 

I think youre ironically doing the same thing to me lol. Lumping me in with whatever group you associate me with. According to you im a racist misogynist who blames illegal immigrants for complex issues? Ive never done most of the stuff youre saying here, trying to get people to share beliefs regarding racism and misogyny and illegal immigrants being at fault for complex issues in this country. But ive learned theres truly no such thing as open discussion, theres always an agenda and there will always be some form of control or battle of narratives or what you should or shouldn't talk about, that's the nature of thought, its always battling itself. 

Im just another guy trying to heal from all this nonsense, I dont want to be a part of this system but I have no choice. I dont want to be a part of the racists and misogynists, I also dont want to be a part of the saviors who make the world a better place, they both create each other. 

From now on im sticking to the journal section, I have no business giving advice on anything, I dont want to be involved with the subtle political beliefs shared on this forum nor the attitudes surrounding any form of human activity, I want to be freed from misogyny and also the reactivity that would make me want to remove misogyny from this world, both create each other and perpetuate each other.